The game is too easy and every build becomes OP way too fast.

+
You're being completely disingenuous. The 14K deck is super easy to get, which I never said to the contrary, but it's insufficient to be "overpowered" through hacking alone at that level and difficulty. When facing Very High threats on Very Hard, your hack costs skyrocket. So yes, you will have a low ram count compared to what it costs to hack an enemy and you will be waiting for a very long time to clear them all out that way. Ram regeneration is extremely slow prior to having a lot invested into the trees or having the Memory Boost cyberware that returns ram on a kill.

You must also not have actually been paying attention, but there are quite a lot of enemies that you can't even use Breach on for whatever reason. Besides that, you won't have 37 street cred at level 7, it's not possible. By the time you get that much, you would be at least level 12, if not much higher. So you claiming things aren't "gated" is again, disingenuous because you have to actually be doing the gigs or side missions to even reach higher levels of street credit, which in turn also forces you to level up.

Well, I must have been dreaming when I cleared several areas which were marked Very High in threat. I think you might be confusing Very High in Act 1 with Very High in Act 2. There's a huge difference - because Very High is just their "cap difficulty" - but in Act 1 it's not very much - where in Act 2 it can be 10+ level differences.

My RAM cost for Short Circuit and Contagion (or whatever the poison one was called) never exceeded my 8+ RAM after Breach. Not on any enemy I encountered. However, I only cleared about half of Watson before quitting - so maybe there are other areas that are higher in difficulty, but Very High is Very High to me, I can't tell the exact difference.

You don't have to Breach enemies - you just Breach a device/camera and the RAM cost is decreased for everyone in the area. At least as far as I could tell.

I don't know what you're talking about with level 37 Street Cred? I never said I had that. I had around 20 when I stopped playing at level 7 or 8.

In any case, I have zero interest in bickering about this. If you think I'm making this up for kicks (I can't imagine the motivation involved, but whatever) - then so be it.

At least there are many others who can support my claim that this game isn't remotely balanced. Countless videos are up on YT which demonstrate it as well, so it's impossible to refute - whether or not you understand or agree with the extent of it.

Well, I must have been dreaming when I cleared several areas which were marked Very High in threat. I think you might be confusing Very High in Act 1 with Very High in Act 2. There's a huge difference - because Very High is just their "cap difficulty" - but in Act 1 it's not very much - where in Act 2 it can be 10+ level differences.

My RAM cost for Short Circuit and Contagion (or whatever the poison one was called) never exceeded my 8+ RAM after Breach. Not on any enemy I encountered. However, I only cleared about half of Watson before quitting - so maybe there are other areas that are higher in difficulty, but Very High is Very High to me, I can't tell the exact difference.

You don't have to Breach enemies - you just Breach a device/camera and the RAM cost is decreased for everyone in the area. At least as far as I could tell.

I don't know what you're talking about with level 37 Street Cred? I never said I had that. I had around 20 when I stopped playing at level 7 or 8.

In any case, I have zero interest in bickering about this. If you think I'm making this up for kicks (I can't imagine the motivation involved, but whatever) - then so be it.

At least there are many others who can support my claim that this game isn't remotely balanced. Countless videos are up on YT which demonstrate it as well, so it's impossible to refute - whether or not you understand or agree with the extent of it.

I believe best cyberdeck (Tetratronic gold with legendary hack buffs) requires 29 street cred and is at Nina Kraviz' ripper clinic, so only available in Act two, sets you back 42K. But I got to 29 street at level 14/15.

But you can get a Raven mk-4 legendary deck in Act 1 with only 14 street cred which is quite ridiculous considering you can probably get it at level 8 or even 7 right now because street cred gain is way too fast probably.

I said this before, in another topic: it would be nice to see various toggle options allowing us to customize our game difficulty.
They also should balance perks and economy.

Have to somewhat agree; started first playthrough on hard instead of very hard because on pc I use an elite xbox controller due to RSI. With kb+m I would be headshotting my way through the game. Maybe a nightmare difficulty will be added later. I expect a LOT of patches to roll out in 2021 because CDPR needs their karma and our trust back.

Nope, they streamlined hacking from the 2018 trailer to make it easier, all you need is your scanner. So you can safely kill a whole warehouse or base of enemies from a mile away inside your car if you just hack into their camera system and they don't know what to do to you because the ai doesn't react to that stuff.

If you start uploading hacks one after another enemies do sometimes use an ability called "reveal position" on you but they don't do it fast enough, and even after your position is revealed if you are far away and hacking through a camera they don't run to you and just stand around are are helpless.

Also at some point after epic/ legendary hacks they scale so much that one mass aoe damage hack like contagion will start to kill multiple enemies at a time with only one hack.

It gets even sillier than that once you grab the Netwatch Netdriver deck that requires 49 SC. It not only makes your hacks do an additional 30% more damage, it also lets you hit enemies with damage dealing hacks that normally don't jump in a 6 meter radius and it also offers a 60% increase to spread distance. So that Short Circuit that crits for 10K? Now it's hitting 2-3 enemies and with the right mods and cyberware, you just got all of your ram back for it and the cooldown is instantly up for you to do it again.

like you said and the poster who replied me, most of the systems are not balanced against us. An enemy should be able to counter attack you hacking him and at the same time there should be perks that mitigate such resistences. So far netrunning seems quite arcadey.

I got to say though that sometimes many quickhacks are disabled on some enemies, maybe there is some blocking intelligence based checks (my int is at 5 and I am lvl30 something)

You might be right about lower INT making certain hacks unusable via being blocked, but I have no idea, because if I am using hacks, it's always with a high INT. I don't use a deck on a build that has it at base. As far as I know though, the only thing that regularly gets blocked is Breach Protocol. Other than that, it's not that hacks get blocked as much as it is you just do not have enough ram to use them, especially if the enemy is a higher level.

They should also reduce the amount of legendary/iconic items u find ,completely for free with no level requirement.
Locking them behind a boss fight or tough area to clear, fine, but right now u can pretty much accidently find legendary/iconic op weapons early on.

I found a legedary overture very early on with 300 base damage , with very high crit chance and damage , still use it, havent upgraded it once an i make 5000 damage per headshot, found legendary police sunglasses at the same spot 3 armour mod slots, and at this point my sun glasses had more armour than any other pieces combined.

Or iconic fenrir , just makes insane amount of burn damage , better then 90 pecent of smg u find afterwards.

You can get both an epic Light Machine Gun and an epic Tactical Shotgun, and they both have at least three mod slots, if not four from some relatively early and easy psycho fights that can carry you through the rest of the game with ease. The shotgun is crazy because it holds eight rounds, but also deals flame damage, and the LMG is mainly good against robots, or really anything with a lot of health if you are point blank doing headshots. In terms of ridiculous armor...while it's not "free", you can buy a legendary T-shirt somewhat early in Act 2 that has four slots.

You might have a point with this. I don't believe I ever bothered trying Very High threat fights in Act 1 while they were at that threat level, but I did eventually clear them out prior to moving to Act 2 on my second and third playthroughs. They were only Moderate to High by then though. The reason I bothered to clear out everything was because I was trying to see just how early you can break the game via hacks, and you can actually get the legendary hacks right before entering Act 2, although you don't really get much use out of them at that point in the game.

On my more recent playthrough though, I entered Act 2 at level 16 and did a few Very High fights. One of which was where you need to find whatever on a robot in a van in a junkyard, and another where you needed to rescue some guy from a Militech compound. Both of which were further out from the city. Ram costs were insane, and the enemies had so much health that actually trying to kill them with Short Circuit or Contagion was fruitless, but System Reset worked. The issue is that it cost 19 ram at that point, where normally it's much, much lower. The enemies had to be level 30 too because they dropped a bunch of level 30 gear. It literally took me 60 seconds for each System Reset due to the ram regeneration taking so long.

Like I said above, trying to use the damage dealing hacks was fruitless due to the enemy health at that point. One full Contagion would only deal 1/5th of the bar, and it took 3-5 Circuits per enemy.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense when the perks in the tree are dedicated towards lowering ram costs through using Breach. I'll have to check again later in areas that actually have cameras though.

You mentioned there not being things that are gated, yet most of the better gear is gated behind either an attribute, or street cred and you can't simply grind street cred without raising your levels. Do you absolutely need any of that stuff? No, not really, but it just goes back to the waiting game. How long do you want to sit and wait for enemies to die. The game goes for a binary system it seems of you're either disgustingly strong, or you're meek. You can still get the job done being meek due to the AI, but it can take a really long time in some cases with hacks specifically. Same thing cannot be said with weapons, because shotguns are overpowered out of the gates.

Read any of my previous posts. I know the game isn't remotely balanced, I only started responding to you specifically because you made it out to be more broken than it actually is at the really low levels with just hacks. You're right in that the AI is so stupid that you can do whatever you want from a distance, but my only point was that at the lower levels, you will be sitting around waiting for ram to replenish when going up against Very High threats before level 20 or so, and that even though you can finish encounters that way, it's dreadfully slow, and not what I would really call overpowered when a rifle would get the job done much faster until later on. Where our experiences likely drastically differ however is Act 1 vs Act 2.

Last edited:
So true. Even though I chose to start out as a Gunslinging Revolver user with Tech Ability and Cool, I started pivoting into Blade perks and using Katanas/Mantis Blades. They're disgustingly strong. To the point where when I get bored of stealth 1-shotting everybody with my Revolver from any range, I'll just run into crowds of enemies like a mad lad and start dismembering everyone with Sandevistan before they even know what happened. It's like frickin' ZA WARUDO. They're helpless.

I also started using shotguns very early on as my "Non lethal" weapon because for some reason I noticed the mod said adds +6 dmg and makes weapon non-lethal and instead it gave my shotgun +10 to the min and max dmg. LOL I was like "Oooookay, that works for me." Started owning everything. Noticed similar results with a Tech Sniper Rifle that had Thermal property. That thing was hilarious. Even if they didn't die from the initial atomizing headshot, they would burn to death soon after and be totally out of the fight while burning. Same thing happens with my Thermal Mantis Blades.

I never thought I'd say this...but this AI makes me miss the AI from The Division 2. At least those guys know how to flank in real-time and work together to surround you. They also do considerably more damage, especially when they're using Hunter AI.

On my more recent playthrough though, I entered Act 2 at level 16 and did a few Very High fights. One of which was where you need to find whatever on a robot in a van in a junkyard, and another where you needed to rescue some guy from a Militech compound. Both of which were further out from the city. Ram costs were insane, and the enemies had so much health that actually trying to kill them with Short Circuit or Contagion was fruitless, but System Reset worked. The issue is that it cost 19 ram at that point, where normally it's much, much lower. The enemies had to be level 30 too because they dropped a bunch of level 30 gear. It literally took me 60 seconds for each System Reset due to the ram regeneration taking so long.

Yeah, I don't doubt it. Honestly, I think their non-scaling approach to challenge levels is extremely poor for an open world game.

What they should have done is scale to your level +X amount of levels according to the intended challenge. Meaning, if you take a Gig that's meant to be "Very High" threat at, say, level 20 - the enemies should simply scale to level 20 and have 5-10 levels added.

The static levels that can be VASTLY higher than the player in a game like this, that's supposed to be free-roaming and open is very counterproductive and feels super artificial.

Like I said above, trying to use the damage dealing hacks was fruitless due to the enemy health at that point. One full Contagion would only deal 1/5th of the bar, and it took 3-5 Circuits per enemy.

I didn't use Contagion to kill enemies - but to disrupt their ability to respond. They stand around puking and they infect each other. I believe that's actually its intended usage at that level.

Short Circuit was extremely effective on Robots and Mechs - even at higher levels. Of course, I didn't do fine research for every encounter - and I might be confusing the threat levels to some extent.

My statement about being OP is not about being able to effectively clear the entire map at level 5 - but about being able to overcome Very High threats without being seriously threatened in any way, which is how I felt.

I didn't just hack, I also shot people in the head with silenced pistols - which you can do without any kind of investment at lower levels.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense when the perks in the tree are dedicated towards lowering ram costs through using Breach. I'll have to check again later in areas that actually have cameras though.

No, it certainly doesn't make sense. I might be remembering this wrong, though I'm almost certain I breached pretty much every single encounter - and it was mostly through devices and not directly through the enemies themselves. Even so, I was always able to use at least one quickhack - and I had a Rare Cyberdeck with 45% cooldown reduction and I had invested in combat regen of RAM.

It really did feel like a total pushover - and I was NEVER in any danger whatsoever after around level 5.

You mentioned there not being things that are gated, yet most of the better gear is gated behind either an attribute, or street cred and you can't simply grind street cred without raising your levels. Do you absolutely need any of that stuff? No, not really, but it just goes back to the waiting game. How long do you want to sit and wait for enemies to die. The game goes for a binary system it seems of you're either disgustingly strong, or you're meek. You can still get the job done being meek due to the AI, but it can take a really long time in some cases with hacks specifically. Same thing cannot be said with weapons, because shotguns are overpowered out of the gates.

No, I said I could use rare cyberdecks and that cyberware wasn't gated by LEVEL. Street cred is awarded at at least twice the rate of levels - and, as I said, I was around 20 street cred at level 7 or 8 (I don't remember exactly). Meaning, I could have invested in even better Cyberdecks.

It didn't take long at all to kill enemies, but as I said - I combined hacks with normal weapons - and I didn't invest in any weapon specific perks at all. But it was definitely the hacking that made it trivially easy - because I could breach, ping, infect and deal 100% damage to unaware enemies - which DEFINITELY killed high threats easily. Not entirely sure about Very High threats - because there weren't many of those - and some of them ended up High by the time I got around to doing them.

Read any of my previous posts. I know the game isn't remotely balanced, I only started responding to you specifically because you made it out to be more broken than it actually is at the really low levels with just hacks. You're right in that the AI is so stupid that you can do whatever you want from a distance, but my only point was that at the lower levels, you will be sitting around waiting for ram to replenish when going up against Very High threats before level 20 or so, and that even though you can finish encounters that way, it's dreadfully slow, and not what I would really call overpowered when a rifle would get the job done much faster until later on. Where our experiences likely drastically differ however is Act 1 vs Act 2.

We must have had different experiences. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

But, in my experience, the game is 100% and ENTIRELY broken in terms of balance. It might not be QUITE as bad as I make it sound, but it's completely unacceptable to me, and I consider it unplayable.

To each his own, though.

You don't need legendary hacks to be vastly overpowered as a Netrunner in this game, because the problem isn't the damage itself - but the inability of the enemies to effectively respond when being attacked at range and the player is hidden (or moves away).

I was overpowered against "Very High" targets on "Very Hard" difficulty with not a single Rare Hack (I had one, but didn't use it) - around level 6 or 7. The combination of Breach Protocol damage resistance lowering - and the +100% damage to unaware enemies meant I could utterly obliterate Very High threat targets at range, with zero challenge or issue. Enemy Netrunners rarely do anything - and when they do, you simply move out of range and you're safe.

The scaling itself is awfully simplistic - but the core issue is that they implemented a bunch of tools for the player - that the enemies can't do anything about.

Same goes for ranged attacks through walls. If you stand beneath or above the place you're shooting at - the enemies won't be able to find you. They simply go back to non-alerted state after a minute or so.

So, not only are you outlevelling 90% of the content way, way before the level cap - meaning you're dealing more damage to them than you would ever need, they also neglected to put into place ceilings for crit chance and crit damage - meaning you will be absurdly above the damage potential that would make anything a remote challenge.

But, again, that's just icing on this cake of zero balance effort.

The core issue is the AI and the slow responses to attacks.

Furthermore, if you invest even a little into body/health - and melee skills, you can simply run fast and slaughter everything in sight - because they're TOO SLOW to respond. This is made worse by slow-mo stuff and armor cyberware - where you're literally immortal.

Then we have the no-cooldown no-limit health injectors - that you can spam and indefinitely stay at 100% health. What's even worse than that, is that you will have dozens or even hundreds of those at low levels, if you pick them up.

Everything about balance in this game is a complete mess.

That's unfortunate enough, but it doesn't exactly help that people who have no idea what the game is actually like - who focus on the story exclusively and don't actually think about combat balance are constantly saying that "it's fine, I like it as it is".

That will not help them and it will NOT help game balance. If you enjoy zero challenge and you don't like to put any effort into developing or optimizing your character - that's completely cool. Games are for everyone.

But that's what Normal mode is for.

Very Hard should be...... Very hard.

Right now, all difficulties are utterly trivial after level 5 - if you put any points into damage skills or use ANY weapon effectively.

It's a travesty.
[...], Subliminal Message (the perk that doubles damage against unware targets) literally does nothing, it is bugged. At such level and with uncommon hacks maximum damage you could do is 300, which is not even half health of moderate threat enemies at such level, not even mentioning time needed to restore RAM.
But i agree that balance has issues, but i just don't think it is "issues", like who cares about balance in single-player game. There are many people who actually find the game quite hard, because they don't min max everyone complaning here did.

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
You literally lying, Subliminal Message (the perk that doubles damage against unware targets) literally does nothing, it is bugged.
It worked for me with contagion. I poison someone, watch damage tick then I crouch and damage is doubled. Also why would you say "who cares about balance in single-player game" in a thread of people complaining about balance in a single-player game TO someone who is complaining about balance in a single-player game.

[...], Subliminal Message (the perk that doubles damage against unware targets) literally does nothing, it is bugged. At such level and with uncommon hacks maximum damage you could do is 300, which is not even half health of moderate threat enemies at such level, not even mentioning time needed to restore RAM.
But i agree that balance has issues, but i just don't think it is "issues", like who cares about balance in single-player game. There are many people who actually find the game quite hard, because they don't min max everyone complaning here did.

[...]

Unfortunately, I actually tested it extensively - and it 100% works. It doesn't actually double the damage, because enemies have a variety of both clear and unclear damage resistances and won't get twice the damage. My guess is that there's an inherent damage reduction in the level difference itself, but it's hard to be certain. It would fit the atrociously lazy approach to scaling in this game, though.

I tested it with both 1 and 2 points invested in it - and it doubled the ADDITIONAL damage with 2 points. You don't need to believe me, just go test it yourself. I assume you trust your eyes? But understand that it's the additional damage that's in question - not the total damage, because there's some damage reduction in place.

On High threat enemies, it did something like 50% more (very close to that), but since we can't see the exact level of enemies it's very hard to say how it scales - but 50% more is very substantial and more than enough to kill them very quickly, using a combination of Contagion, Overheat and Short Circuit. It's made worse by their friends not becoming aggressive - even after the body is discovered.

Also, my Overheat damage was way higher - because I picked the Breach Protocal perks that reduced enemy resistances - so it was more like 500 total damage from a SINGLE hack - and I used multiple from Stealth - and was never found. 500 damage from a single hack is very high at level 5-8 (the level range I started experimenting with this - and I don't remember the exact level and the exact enemies) - and it's similar to what I did with silenced headshots from my pistol (a pistol with 3xHeadshot damage and a 2.5 multiplier from stealth). Especially considering how many damage perks is not in effect at that point. Just imagine how this scales with your perks and you don't have to be very smart to understand the problem.

So, next time you call people a liar, remember that you're not infallible and because you don't understand the mechanics of the game, and you haven't done the research thoroughly - other people who actually care about these things might have.

I care about being challenged in a video game. I don't particularly care about "balance" in that everything must be fair and equal.

For me, part of the immersion of being in a dangerous world full of enemies out to kill me is actually the danger. I like to imagine I'm in that world and that people who're aggressive and violent represent a threat to me, and that I better be careful and smart about how I take them out.

If you don't care about being challenged, that's cool - a lot of people obviously don't.

But Very Hard is more or less made for people who DO care - and I think I can say that with supreme confidence. In fact, the entire purpose of "above normal" difficulty level must logically be to make a game harder.

So, most developers in the entire world also seem to care about balance and difficulty in singleplayer games. How many games have you played with zero difficulty options? Not a lot I assume. There's actually a reason developers bother to put them in there, and that's because they understand that people are different and want different levels of challenge.

So, there's your answer to "who cares".

Also, I've been playing games for nearly 40 years - and RPGs are my favorite genre. I know exactly what kind of experience will entertain me - and I really, really wanted that from Cyberpunk. That's why I spend time thinking about stuff and making sure things are either working or not working, so I know whether or not to invest my time in a game.

In this case, the balance/difficulty of the game is among the worst I've ever experienced in a modern RPG. It reminds me of RPGs from the 80s - back before games were patched and were often released with little to no playtesting. It's actually worse than Morrowind and Skyrim - and more akin to Daggerfall.

Sadly, I'm a little more seasoned these days and I have a much, much harder time being ignorant of game mechanics and the things that I'm perceiving and experiencing in a game.

[Edited -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Members are reminded that all opinions are welcome, and all opinions are to be respected.

You are free to argue your opinion on the topic. You are not free to argue your opinion of other's opinions.

My suggestions to fix the game:

• Weapons do way too much damage by default, they behave like in a shooter not like in an RPG, stats don't matter at all, nor do perks, you just doo too much damage out of the box without any investment. Weapon damage needs to be tied to stats and nerfed across the board like for 1000% so there is need to invest in a stat to make the damage high.
  • Tech weapons doing damage through walls is a terrible idea, is a joke, they need to do way less damage (1000% less for anyone that hasn't invested in Tech or Engineer and up to maybe 50% normal damage at best when hitting through walls) and need heavy investment into the tech perk tree and 20 into Tech to make them viable, because they do tons of damage with no investment whatsoever. Maybe the more objects the shoot has to go through the damage needs to be lower etc.
  • Smart weapons are another joke, but they could be balanced by needing heavy investment into a stat to make them viable but the way to balance this would be to make the homing way less reliable if you have not invested in a Stat and perks to make them useable.
  • Power weapons also should do less damage by default and requiere investment in a stat.
  • Hacking right now is WAY TOO GOOD, using cameras to hack need to at least HALVE the damage you can to to people with a hack and should double the cooldown of any hack used through a camera, and HACK damage needs to be nerfed across the board and increase cooldowns across the board too.
  • There needs to be a stat to resist either Hacking completely or reduce its effects and damage, just like magic Resistance in any RPG.
  • Enemies need to use Ping on you, any enemy should be able to use Ping to find you, the player has MASSIVE advantage using ping on enemies, they need to be able to use this as soon as they detect a body and then when they find you via ping they need to go for you ASAP, if they have Tech weapons they need to start outright shooting you or if they are Hackers hacking you.
  • We need more enemy hackers and they need to be way more agressive to you, disabling everything and doing damage.
  • We need enemies with tech and smart weapons too, they most of the time only use power weapons, no, we need them to use the broken weapons on the player more frequently, it is not fair that only the player has access to this cheating weapons.
  • Detection needs to be faster, this baby mode stealth is bad, everyone takes HOURS to detect you.
  • Enemies need some sort of scaling because they start getting behind real quickly.
  • Enemies need better AI, they are waaay to passive just standing there and taking it, they make no strategy, they don't try to flank you, they are waaay to dumb.
  • Max number of healing items should be 10, WTF is that ability to carry tons of healing items? or granades?, currently my character has 99 MaxDocs on him and 99 granades, WTF is this?

• Enemies need some sort of scaling because they start getting behind real quickly.
  • Enemies need better AI, they are waaay to passive just standing there and taking it, they make no strategy, they don't try to flank you, they are waaay to dumb.
These are really important, I tried a perkless run and was still one hit killing enemies. I even stopped using epic & legendary weapons and the game was still too easy. On very hard mind you. A revolver is enough to one shot the enemies even on perkless run and with no weapon/armor mods..

Teleport MaxTac still a challenge though :p
Even with 12k armor, they can still deal huge chunk of damage before I can react.

But yeah, most of the time it is too easy. Adam Smasher is a joke instead of legend.

My first playthrough was with Intelligence and Body. I almost always play the "Paladin" archetype in RPG's so I figured that was as close as I could be to one in this game.

Oh boy was that a mistake. Contagion, Ping and Short Circuit are game breaking. Even if every single enemy had ten times the HP they have, all had access to tech weapons and could all one shot me, it would still be too easy. This entire hacking system needs a rework.

Ignoring that, I got Int to 20 straight away. I was on 20 by the time I hit 18. So here I am with a full deck of Legendary Hacks. I can clear entire armies of people that are red and supposed to be very hard. So what do I do? Stop using Hacking. Only Short Circuit has a passive effect to use Short Circuit any time I crit. So even if I use white guns with low crit chance, any time I crit, I one shot people.

I can ignore Int entirely, but then I'm ignoring part of my build. I immediately remade, and while I've not found anything as overpowered as Int, I'm still too powerful for anything in the game. It's too easy. Too boring. I know people will be like "why care about balance in a single player game" and usually I'd agree with you. But I chose Very Hard for a reason. This means I want it to be VERY HARD.

i kinda find funny that some youtube channels that complain about game being easy, play on Medium difficulty... its quite obvious when you watch then, because every time they get hacked, they take minimum damage...
Post automatically merged:

My suggestions to fix the game:

• Weapons do way too much damage by default, they behave like in a shooter not like in an RPG, stats don't matter at all, nor do perks, you just doo too much damage out of the box without any investment. Weapon damage needs to be tied to stats and nerfed across the board like for 1000% so there is need to invest in a stat to make the damage high.
  • Tech weapons doing damage through walls is a terrible idea, is a joke, they need to do way less damage (1000% less for anyone that hasn't invested in Tech or Engineer and up to maybe 50% normal damage at best when hitting through walls) and need heavy investment into the tech perk tree and 20 into Tech to make them viable, because they do tons of damage with no investment whatsoever. Maybe the more objects the shoot has to go through the damage needs to be lower etc.
  • Smart weapons are another joke, but they could be balanced by needing heavy investment into a stat to make them viable but the way to balance this would be to make the homing way less reliable if you have not invested in a Stat and perks to make them useable.
  • Power weapons also should do less damage by default and requiere investment in a stat.
  • Hacking right now is WAY TOO GOOD, using cameras to hack need to at least HALVE the damage you can to to people with a hack and should double the cooldown of any hack used through a camera, and HACK damage needs to be nerfed across the board and increase cooldowns across the board too.
  • There needs to be a stat to resist either Hacking completely or reduce its effects and damage, just like magic Resistance in any RPG.
  • Enemies need to use Ping on you, any enemy should be able to use Ping to find you, the player has MASSIVE advantage using ping on enemies, they need to be able to use this as soon as they detect a body and then when they find you via ping they need to go for you ASAP, if they have Tech weapons they need to start outright shooting you or if they are Hackers hacking you.
  • We need more enemy hackers and they need to be way more agressive to you, disabling everything and doing damage.
  • We need enemies with tech and smart weapons too, they most of the time only use power weapons, no, we need them to use the broken weapons on the player more frequently, it is not fair that only the player has access to this cheating weapons.
  • Detection needs to be faster, this baby mode stealth is bad, everyone takes HOURS to detect you.
  • Max number of healing items should be 10, WTF is that ability to carry tons of healing items? or granades?, currently my character has 99 MaxDocs on him and 99 granades, WTF is this?

when i'm reading this, i feel like you are a "massochist" or something.... cant imagine outrage if enemy was just sniping player with a tech sniper rifle across the map when he is detected...

Last edited:
The same people who are complaining about bullet sponge enemies are the same people who are now complaining about this game too easily. There is no challenge at all

What do you want cdpr to do?

Or just like fallout 4? Increase the enemy's HP by several times so that you shoot a few thousand bullets at your enemy and it still won't die?

I bet if cdpr does that, there will be a ton of topics: shooting sucks, Bullet sponge enemies ......., omg 10 headshots and that dude still attacking me .......

And I still remember before this game was released, on this forum and reddit had a ton of topics worrying about bullet sponges enemies.

Last edited:
The same people who are complaining about bullet sponge enemies are the same people who are now complaining about this game too easily. There is no challenge at all

Or just like fallout 4? Increase the enemy's HP and damage by several times so that you shoot a few thousand bullets at your enemy and it still won't die?

I bet if cdpr does that, there will be a ton of topics: shooting sucks, Bullet sponge enemies ......., omg 10 headshots and that dude still attacking me .......

And I still remember before this game was released, on this forum and reddit had a ton of topics worrying about bullet sponges enemies.
I don't complain about bullet sponge enemies in video games. How about you stop making stuff up for your arguments?

Or just like fallout 4? Increase the enemy's HP by several times so that you shoot a few thousand bullets at your enemy and it still won't die?

I have no problem with the concept of hitpoints in an RPG. "Bullet sponges" are fine, so long as a well optimized character with the appropriate gear, and at the appropriate level, can take them out within a reasonably short time.

A character with a level-appropriate Sniper rifle, with level-appropriate mods - and Sniper related skills, should be able to one-shot level-appropriate "normal" enemies. But a character with low level gear, poor perk investment - shooting at higher level enemies should NOT be able to do it, and - in that case - bullet sponges are appropriate.

It's a concession we have to make in progression-driven games - like RPGs in a large open world. Most people don't seem to mind this in fantasy games - where enemies are kobolds and trolls. But as soon as human beings are the enemies, some people start having a big problem when they can't be one-shot at all levels - regardless of gear.

That's understandable, but that's the nature of RPGs. It would take a LOT more work to get around it and still provide a challenge. Games like Deus Ex have demonstrated how to accomplish it by making mechanics actually thought-out and challenging - but they also have less progression and fewer toys to play around with. It's hard to get it all in one game.

A lot of RPG enemies will seem like bullet sponges if you don't understand the mechanics and you don't optimize your performance. That's why a lot of people think Cyberpunk has bullet sponge enemies, when - in actuality - it's just really lazily balanced around hitpoints and damage exclusively - instead of meaningful challenges, like inhaler cooldowns, aggressive AI, enemy variety and so forth.

So, instead of inventing false claims on behalf of others - perhaps consider that we really mean what we say, and that we know what we want?

The balance in this game is a joke and a travesty. The way to deal with it is to face it and try to come up with solutions.

CDPR almost certainly won't be able to fix it, because they're going to be busy making the actual game work right for months to come. Beyond that, they've never understood game balance - which was supremely obvious with Witcher 3 on Death March.

I just don't see them giving balance the right amount of time and focus, considering the state of the rest of the game.

So, we probably need the modding community for a decent challenge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom