The game keeps "Crashing."

+
Wish I saw this before I started posting anywhere I could so I could grind up enough posts to ask for help lol. I'm trying to play the witcher 2 right now. Only problem is, the game keeps "Crashing." I say "Crashing" cause I get kicked to desktop at random intervals, but that's it. It freezes,kicks me to desktop, and then lets me back in through the taskbar. It doesn't even close. I've already contacted support, but CD haven't replied in 2 weeks. I also brought in my PC to some technicians who encountered and fixed an entirely different problem they encountered with my game. They couldn't even get into the game, it was just a black screen for them. They fixed that, but not the crashing. They also did a complete diagnostic on my pc and found 0 issues with my hardware/os. Can anyone help me out? Here are some specs.
ryzen 7 2700x
rtx 3070
corsair vengance 16gigs 3000mhz
samsung 500gb ssd
seagate barracuda 2 tb drive

Post moved.

At a guess, I'd first suggest checking how many save files you have. Sometimes, too many saves can lead to crashes. You might try deleting a few older saves, if you find you have a lot.

Another possibility could be that you aren't running the game as administrator, or an anti-virus or anti-malware programme may be causing a conflict.

Finally, you might try verifying/repairing your game files.

Top Bottom