The game must have mod support so modders can build new cars

+

Guest 4211861

I've just found out there will only be 29 base models. Fine. It's CDPR, so everything is bespoke, but 29 base models is low.

Mafia 1 had more models than that and that was 20 years ago.

So the game must absolutely support mods, so that we can have the expected car variety that would exist in 2077.

I mean, look how many models we have today, thousands. We can't solve the climate change that's drowning our cities, but we have thousands of car models available. It's all about immersion.

I'm not faulting CDPR for doing things their way (few base models, many combinations), that would be an awful thing to do, but there must be mods, I'm not buying the "well, corps narrowed everything down to 29 base models" reasoning.

I am not posting a poll, I know everyone already agrees with me, the game must have mod support so modders can build new car models.

29 base models, though. They will come in varieties and we still have no ground to think that the varieties are going to be unimpressive or touch only, say, color or something as insignificant. Pretty sure there will be extra details on the models themselves that make them all truly stand out and feel as if there's way more than 29 cars in the game.

29 base models, though. They will come in varieties and we still have no ground to think that the varieties are going to be unimpressive or touch only, say, color or something as insignificant. Pretty sure there will be extra details on the models themselves that make them all truly stand out and feel as if there's way more than 29 cars in the game.

This! Some of the variations are just colours, wheels and other minor details, but some are completely different models, with completely different looks and characteristics. From the material released so far, I've counted 45 vehicles (including variations), and I'm sure there's plenty more to come.

And I know that people are tired of hearing this - but comparing this game to Mafia or GTA, is a mistake I think. It's not an action-adventure game - it's an RPG, with action-adventure elements, which are not its core. Not that it would be bad if the game had more variety, but it isn't necessary, I'd say.

Pretty sure it'll happen. Don't forget the DLCs and expansions as well. Pretty sure they'll drop a few in there too to keep things fresh. But I'm maybe considering that the Red engine limitation could be a factor on why there's only 29. it's probably built to focus more towards RPG systems as opposed to Rockstar's Rage engine that specializes more on car physics and ragdolls. CP will definitely have its limits compared to GTA.

I guess they won't do it from the start, but maybe later, after the expansions?
It would also be in line with pen&paper-heritage to be able to create new adventures on our own.

1. No, not everyone agrees with you. It's the Internet, after all.

2. Game A had more ITEM than Cyberpunk 2077 20 years ago doesn't mean a lot. 2077 isn't competing with Mafia. Or Deus Ex. Or Robo-rally. Or Borderlands.

3. Modding is absolutely not promised by CDPR. There were still mods for Witcher 3 though.

4. Witcher 3 sells well today and people play it. You don't need mods to extend a game's length - if, in fact, that's an objective. I don't think it is for CDPR.

5. Corps narrowed it down to 29 base models. It's a Dark Future, hardly the worst thing they did. Oh, well.

I feel that modding should eventually be considered more of a priority down the line of follow-up games. Now I know CP77 is a first for them in this series, they want it to succeed, they are worried about many other things and (good) modding support takes resources and time meaning they had to prioritize and not in favor of good modding.

But good modding support has a vast potential and can prolong the fun factor endlessly, while also generating lots of media and promoting the game that way. Everybody benefits and in turn nothing is forced on anyone as mods would be optional. One of my ideas in addition heavily relies on modding ("jobs" or simulations of joinable factions, like in other games). In addition it allows the community to go for what the devs could not or did not want to due to time constraints or visionary differences.

The game would basically be perfect with good modding tools. Perhaps we can get to the point where this can become a priority once a lot of other stuff is no longer on the table.

Guest 4211861

2. Game A had more ITEM than Cyberpunk 2077 20 years ago doesn't mean a lot. 2077 isn't competing with Mafia. Or Deus Ex. Or Robo-rally. Or Borderlands.

5. Corps narrowed it down to 29 base models. It's a Dark Future, hardly the worst thing they did. Oh, well.

You are not helping Cyberpunk's case at all. Right now it's more hype than content. Very buggy content. And it's not about raw numbers, it's about immersion, seeing the same car over and over does damage immersion.

You are not helping Cyberpunk's case at all. Right now it's more hype than content. Very buggy content. And it's not about raw numbers, it's about immersion, seeing the same car over and over does damage immersion.

Nah. I see that in real life all the time. Sure, they are different brands and models, but it's the same design. 90% of cars on the road follow that design. You know the one I mean. Looks like an electric shaver, or an oval with wheels. That design.

Also, I'm not helping Cyberpunk's case at all, because I don't need to, in any way. I have some issues with it myself (not related to how many car designs there are...that's...yeah. First World Problems) but it's going to do very very well, have a great story and amazing setting and be genre defining. Whatever that even means these days.

There will be naysayers, as there are with W3. Some of them will even have fair, accurate issues. Still be a great, super popular, ridic profitable game.

This is a Dystopian future where only a few Corps own everything. Meaning they don’t have to innovate to be competitive because they already dominate. It would be way more immersion breaking to see thousands of models like have been suggested, in a world where resources are scarce and most people can’t afford luxuries like cars.

mod the game to allow joining a gang including the police, and having access to their equipment, clothing, and vehicles. in fact this could be a dlc

most real life vehicles don't look good or unqiue, even the top end used soap bars on wheels. abstracting them in the game into a few dozen various shapes will look perfectly fine. with the level of quality they're going for, it's going to take away from quantity.

besides, it's not a driving sim.

Mod support would be amazing and would give the game years of extra playability.. Skyrim is still going strong thanks to mods and it's nearly 10 years old.
I'm one of those peeps. I still play Fallout 4 & Skyrim due to the amazing mod commuity. No matter how great a game is, there is always room for something new, improved or more fun from a passionate modding fan base.

3. Modding is absolutely not promised by CDPR.
And even if it was that would not mean much seeing how their promises are apparently worthless. They explicitly promised mod support for The Witcher 3 that would enable the creation of new adventures but what they ended up releasing did not provide that.

I really wonder why they changed their stance on modding so much. Do they not understand the value this adds to their game? Vanilla Bethesda games for example are borderline unplayable at times but get an immense boost by their modding communities. Is there some nefarious business calculation that I am unaware of that would lead them to the adoption of this anti-consumer stance?

This is particularly bizarre when you consider that, looking at their job listings, they require their prospective hires to showcase their work on software like The Witcher 2’s (released nine! years ago) RED Kit and other games’ mod tools. I can think of several modders from this very community off the top of my head that CDPR hired in the past. Why they wouldn’t want to allow their potential new talent to be able to familiarize themselves with their current dev tools is even more beyond me.

The game should have mod support on consoles as well so that mods can rethink the un-immersive progression system based on +X% damage and level gated loot and equipment. Like I cannot wear a t-shirt because I'm not strong enough as it was in the Witcher 3 already. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Top Bottom