The game will NOT install!!

+
The game will NOT install!!

I recently purchased this game from best buy 2 days ago. The first time i tried to install it would stop at the same place with a feature transfer error : Data Error (cyclic redundancy check) . i dont not, nor have i ever had any CloneCD or Deamon Tools installed. I do know that my computer meets the requirements or i wouldnt have bought it. i thought that maybe it was a bad cd so today i traveled back to best buy and got another, yet again the same error message. No way i could have gotten two faulty cd's. I also tried to copy it to my hard disk and play it from there but some files couldnt be copied. Anyone have any clues for me here? i would greatly appreciate it! If i cant fix this i am out a bit of money and have a useless game.

Well...I've tried everything mentioned in this forum, so here's my issue. I'm posting here, because I seen something of interest. LG DVD drives have alot of problems with this game. Unfortunately...that's the drive I have. An LG GSA-4166B DVD burner. So here's my issue. I put the disk in...nothing happens. Maybe I have autorun turned off. So I go Start>Run...select the drive...hourglass...and then absolutely nothing. It shows the drive...but there's nothing there. I change it from 'Programs' to 'All Files'...still nothing. It's not reading anything on the disc at all! I removed the game...ran System Suite 8 to test the drive...and it passed as long as something else was in the drive...in this case, Scarface. Scarface runs like a champ. I put Witcher back in...and nothing. So I take it to Best Buy where I bought it earlier today...and their 'Geek Squad'...took it in their little 'hidden room'...and came back claiming they ran it on both a Vista system, as well as an XP SP2 system (which is what I have). No return...no refund...nothing. So...here's a breakdown of my system. Win XP SP2 Home Edition. 2 Ghz Ram. Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.13 Ghz x 2 processor (and thanks to this forum, the Hotfix is now installed, as well!), A Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum sound card, nVidia 7900 series vid card, and I'm running 2 Firewire 10,000 rpm drives set at RAID 0. I don't think it's my system, at all...but I haven't seen anyone else reporting this type of issue. Is this really a waste of $60? All because I have an LG DVD drive? Is there ANY help here? I would appreciate any help that can be given! Thank you in advance!

My previous rig had an LG 4167B DVD burner and I was able to load the game with no issues. Other than Sir_Toejam's suggestion, the only thing I can think of is perhaps look for a firmware update for the burner or get a new DVD burner (yes, I know that's not an optimal solution).

I too am having a horror time I even bought a new dvd drive in hope that that would work. try set up from explorer on the dvd drive it starts for me but goes for abut 1/2 a minute and freezes on meshes ini no errorsat all just freezes

I don' know if this could help you with your problem, but I couldn't get the game installed and when I tried it in safe mode (atari help desk suggestion) it installed with a lot of flaws..As I wasn't willing to get a new dvd player for it (it can read COD4 without problems), I ran some cd recovery software on it though, I can run it in normal mode, without any particular flaws (well except for the regular crashes that is)You can find such software free on the net. I used http://www.kvipu.com/CDCheck/download.phpHope it works for you

Top Bottom