The Gangs.. [Spoilers]

+
Kinda shocking how little interaction you have with the gangs. Its just one mission with the Maelstrom and then you never see them again and then one with the Voodoo Boys and that's it. The rest of the missions are with random people. Would it have killed CDPR to have a few missions with every gang. The Animals looked really cool would have loved to interact with them.

Watch out my message may contain some spoilers about the game's content, these regard Judy and the Mox, don't read unless you finished all Judy's questlines or you don't care about spoilers.

Indeed, however I wonder how I would've gotten along with this in practice, when you do all the gigs, you come to realisation that if you had interractions with them, and then you'd work against them in your gigs, it wouldn't make sense, but I must agree for example the Mox are supposed to be on your side, or at least there isn't any beef, so there should be missions where you go with them, against the Tiger claws for example which you already go against in game... Lizzy's Bar becomes dead once you finish the "prologue" of the game... This place looked like one big family from the PoV of Judy, since we get to be friends/partner(depending on what V you have), why not going all in, more content !

The game's take on the gangs is a little weird, aside from the Mox they are all essentially bad guys. I guess with many of the gigs and nearly all of the emergent events (like the various crimes you can stop) the gangs are literally the bad guys, but yeah I was expecting more professional to positive possibilities with them. Hell my transhumanist netrunner streetkid was pretty much set up to have compatible viewpoints with the Voodoo Boys, and to a lesser extent Maelstrom, but even after siding with them against the corps they still ended up antagonistic. I don't really want full partnerships or membership, but a little more nuance would be great.

Kinda shocking how little interaction you have with the gangs. Its just one mission with the Maelstrom and then you never see them again and then one with the Voodoo Boys and that's it. The rest of the missions are with random people. Would it have killed CDPR to have a few missions with every gang. The Animals looked really cool would have loved to interact with them.

I honestly hoped I would get the sort of interaction with them that V has with the fixers... I see no logical reason why a merc couldn't deal with the gangs directly if they wanted. Hang around the same bars and talk shit...

While fixers are necessary, I think they are too prominent in the game. Especially since V doesn't need to do any prepwork, no introductions, no nothing. You drive to a new part in town and ZAP! You have a mission. Its not very...immersive either. Especially since 99% of the dealings are through holocall only. Even if you go meet them in person, they just say hi.

but yeah I was expecting more professional to positive possibilities with them.

Or "enemy of my enemy is my friend" kind of dealings, or maybe "last man standing" - where two sides would both try to hire the merc to attack the other side.

Top Bottom