The General Videogame Thread

+
Finished for the second time Call of Juarez Gunslinger.. man, that game is fucking awesome.. and maybe even better on the second walktrough :) the story, characters, the famous historic characters, the unreliable narrator style of telling of the story, gun-gameplay and systems are pure-fucking-tastic, sounds, music, the funny leveling-up system, great set-pieces, intertaining duels, atmosphere, graphical style, little details in every thing possible, great enviroments, etc.. yeah, that is for me the second or third best shooter in the past 10 years (the Metro series is slightly better :) ).. but yeah, CoJG is just pure fun and one of the best you can get in the FPS genre.. funny, creative, original, but still atmospheric many times throughout the story mode.. and arcade and duel modes are just the icing on the cake :) for 15 Euros, that's just a steal :)

Last edited:
Finished for the second time Call of Juarez Gunslinger.. man, that game is fucking awesome.. and maybe even better on the second walktrough :) the story, characters, the famous historic characters, the unreliable narrator style of telling of the story, gun-gameplay and systems are pure-fucking-tastic, sounds, music, the funny leveling-up system, great set-pieces, intertaining duels, atmosphere, graphical style, little details in every thing possible, great enviroments, etc.. yeah, that is for me the second or third best shooter in the past 10 years (the Metro series is slightly better :) ).. but yeah, CoJG is just pure fun and one of the best you can get in the FPS genre.. funny, creative, original, but still atmospheric many times throughout the story mode.. and arcade and duel modes are just the icing on the cake :) for 15 Euros, that's just a steal :)
Purchased it at the latest Steam sale. Backlog just keeps on growing.

I am really excited for tomorrow. ESO is dropping its subscription fee and is going b2p.

Though I don't know why exactly. I was cursing in beta and up to patch 1.3. I guess it is kind of my new Skyrim now: I can get back to it for mindless grinding every once in a while and don't have to mind 15 bucks a month.

I am really excited for tomorrow. ESO is dropping its subscription fee and is going b2p.
Hopefully they have a better business model then GW2. GW2's post-release content was completely lackluster and now that they're releasing an expansion they're just now starting to get it right. And if told that to a GW2 fan they would start an argument with me, and after I explained to them why GW2's PvE content is awful they would simply say "LIAR! You've obviously never played the game!" because that's how every conversation I've ever had about GW2 outside of the official forums has ended.

btw, this was kinda funny when it happened live during their press event in January.

Last edited:
Hopefully they have a better business model then GW2. GW2's post-release content was completely lackluster and now that they're releasing an expansion they're just now starting to get it right. And if told that to a GW2 fan they would start an argument with me, and after I explained to them why GW2's PvE content is awful they would simply say "LIAR! You've obviously never played the game!" because that's how every conversation I've ever had about GW2 outside of the official forums has ended.

I wouldn't call you a liar because you may simply like different things, but GW2 hasn't been lackluster in the slightest. I prefer the Living Story model over churning out an expansion every 3 years. So, why do you think it's been lackluster so far?

Top Bottom