The General Videogame Thread

+
Well FWH has listed on their website job openings for a new fantasy FPS. I guess that rules out a Hard Reset sequel for good.

:mean:

Probably rules out a Shadow Warrior sequel as well. I hope it's not something too goofy.

http://flyingwildhog.com/work

Looks like they plan to use Unreal engine, or at least they list it everywhere as a requirement. Plus they list OpenGL knowledge as a requirement for renderer programmer. Good sign.

Started Legend of Grimrock 2 tonight. Pretty awesome!

And about FWH, I had so much fun with Shadow Warrior (2013) I would definitely try a new wacky and over the top FPS. What kind of fantasy though? Shadow Warrior kind of fits there though, demon invasion and all.

Started Legend of Grimrock 2 tonight. Pretty awesome!

And about FWH, I had so much fun with Shadow Warrior (2013) I would definitely try a new wacky and over the top FPS. What kind of fantasy though? Shadow Warrior kind of fits there though, demon invasion and all.

It just occured to me it could be an urban fantasy given that many members came from the original PainKiller team, but I'm not sure they own the rights to that IP anymore. Some other studio already did a PK reboot a few years ago. I can't imagine them tying it into heroic or traditional high fantasy.

Just bought Loom, Outlaws and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb on GOG. Loom is OK, but missing FM Towns version. Outlaws despite being a diskless release doesn't work in Wine with music. Downloading the last game now (I never played it before and all other Indy games are interesting, so hopefully this one won't be any worse).

It just occured to me it could be an urban fantasy given that many members came from the original PainKiller team, but I'm not sure they own the rights to that IP anymore. Some other studio already did a PK reboot a few years ago. I can't imagine them tying it into heroic or traditional high fantasy.

I would be into heroic or traditional high fantasy, with a slight twist. How about an FPS inspired by Army of Darkness? Shotguns, chainsaws, modified muscle cars, the occasional magic spell, demons and the undead, all set in the middle ages.

Just bought Loom, Outlaws and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb on GOG. Loom is OK, but missing FM Towns version. Outlaws despite being a diskless release doesn't work in Wine with music. Downloading the last game now (I never played it before and all other Indy games are interesting, so hopefully this one won't be any worse).

Loom is such a wonderful game. It's short and the puzzles are way too easy, but the gameplay mechanics and the story and the general mood of the game are all SO good, more adventure games should follow that example.

Never played Emperor's Tomb. I stopped after the Infernal Machine, which I found kinda boring. Wished it would have stayed strictly adventure.

Last edited:
Konami has put out a press release today assuring fans of the Metal Gear series that they will continue development on the series beyond MGSV:TPP. They also announce that they will be developing a new Metal Gear series, and they are looking to recruit brand new main staff members for the team. They are seeking people with experience working in high end game development, have creative ideas, passion for games, and good communication skills.

This is truly an end of an era, R.I.P metal gear series.

If anyone's interested, Killing Floor and Tropico 5 are down to 75% off on steam. It ends on the 23rd, so if you want them, best get them! Assuming you're interested in dictator simulations and horde based shooters. :p

Gonna be honest, this made me a little bit moist:

[video=youtube;8-vhwFQkRP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vhwFQkRP0[/video]

Kinda worried about the controls. As it stands, it looks a lot like DA:I's tactical mode. Hopefully the PC version has a different control scheme for M+KB.

Last edited:
Routine is still alive! http://www.lunar-software.com/

With GDC just over and a lots of awesome Gaming news about, we thought it would be a fitting time to make a small update on how Routine is doing.

In our last August Update, we talked about how we were slowly going through the game and replacing all placeholder work. Since then, we’ve managed to get through 5 sectors of the Game, adding Gameplay, Art and essential Story Elements. We may need to revisit certain bits and bobs as we get specific playtest information back, but for now its a great feeling seeing more and more of Routine being Completed!

With less and less testing/prototyping needed for this stage in Development, we’ve really managed to speed up our Workflow and it feels like Progress is going better than ever.

• Unreal Engine 4 is FREE! will you guys be switching to it?

Routine is far too deep into development for us to switch engines but we can’t bloody wait to get our hands on it for future projects!

• Are you guys dead?

Unsurprisingly we get this question a lot, we don’t blame anyone for thinking this as we are very quiet when it comes to putting out Routine related news. We are doing fine though and Routine’s progress is going great.

• Will you guys be putting out a new video at some point?

We will absolutely do a new video or two closer to release.

Thanks again for the INSANE amount of patience you guys are exercising, we are honestly trying our best to get the game finished as soon as possible!

-Lunar Software

Could it be....?

This just appeared on Codemasters twitter.

Attachments

• CAh_qBCWAAABRXS.jpg
    CAh_qBCWAAABRXS.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 62
A few days ago a God of War 3 remaster for PS4 was announced, and now I hear that the first two Arkham games as well. This is shaping out to be the generation of remasters so far.

That's certainly one way to make up for the lack of backwards compatibility. No interest in grabbing some quick cash involved, of course. It's all for the good of the player and to ensure that they can enjoy their favorite games in the future as well.

Meanwhile, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is only 20 dollars.

You guys wanna play Battlefield? Get BF4 and all its expansions or wait for Star Wars: Battlefront. This is not worth it. At all. It's as souless as it gets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom