The General Videogame Thread

+
Bannerlords trailers for the PC Gaming Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwm5dS2OTNM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRNKBtNAC2g

Mostly siege gameplay. Looks like it won't change much in its core (aside from siege equipment and technical aspects of course). Which is completely okay for me :) I can gladly spend hundreds of hours in a more updated Mount and Blade game. And with the economy, politics and crafting changes, it's going to be epic.

I wonder how many of us have already signed up...

Instantly. I allways liked the idea in TW3 but I never really played that much ingame. But as a seperate game, I am all for it.

This year's E3 a bit of disappointment to me. No actual ME Andromeda details, or gameplay demo. In my eyes just the Vampyr, and maybe Maffia 3 worth to wait, and the new Deus Ex of course. The new Ghost Recon looks intresting, and a bit childish if you ask me. Same with watch dogs 2. To be honest I struggling to find something which is worth my interest. I almost forgot the Telltale games Batman game, that is going to be good I think.

Yeah... calling it now. The new Zelda is either a sequel or prequel to Windwaker. Before or after the Great Sea filled/drained.

Instantly. I allways liked the idea in TW3 but I never really played that much ingame. But as a seperate game, I am all for it.

This year's E3 a bit of disappointment to me. No actual ME Andromeda details, or gameplay demo. In my eyes just the Vampyr, and maybe Maffia 3 worth to wait, and the new Deus Ex of course. The new Ghost Recon looks intresting, and a bit childish if you ask me. Same with watch dogs 2. To be honest I struggling to find something which is worth my interest. I almost forgot the Telltale games Batman game, that is going to be good I think.

I have quite the contrary feelings on Gwent - loved it in games as a casual game that was played by everybody, it wasn't balanced at all, it was just fun - a bit like it's canon version in the books. It had it's unique feel to it.

I am very hyped for the new Gwent, especially single player campaign, but I feel with all these added mechanics (a bit Hearthston'y) it might lose some of that funky villag'y theme. That's just a feeling, probably totally wrong.

As for E3, didn't have much time to follow it but - for me the biggest disappointment was Dawn of War 3.
I waited for this game a long time, I am a massive WH40K fan and I loved both previous titles. Both had advantages and disadvantages. DoW3 had an amazing trailer and the gameplay just killed the hype.

No cover system, 3 races only, terrible artstyle and not great graphic fidelity, weird MOBA style heroes and abilities, not much variety in units (for now). And ofc their - "make it more accesible, make it fun - easy to play, fun to master is just a sign they want to do an easy version of Starcraft. And it was Starcraft that was supposed to be Warhammer.

However - Mafia 3 still looks like it could be very good, Deus Ex MD too - despite it's weird graphic downgrades.
Andromeda had a nice trailer, but it's Bioware.

Didn't see much more than this. oh, God of War looked like Nordic The Order 1866, which doesn't look well.

Here's a release schedule for the second half of 2016 including release dates announced at E3.

Aug - No Man's Sky
Aug - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Sept -- Forza Horizon 3 (Xbox & Windows)

Oct -- The Last Guardian (PS4)
Oct -- Battlefield One
Oct -- Civilization VI
Oct -- Gears of War 4 (Xbox & Windows)
Oct -- Titanfall 2

Nov -- CoD: Infinite Warfare
Nov -- Dishonored: 2
Nov -- Watch Dogs 2

Dec -- South Park: The Fractured But Whole

A few games coming out early next year.

Jan -- Resident Evil VIII

Feb -- For Honor
Feb -- Horizon: Zero Dawn
Feb -- Halo Wars 2

March -- Zelda: Breath of the Wind
March -- Mass Effect: Andromeda

Last edited:
@schinderhannes.999: Linux version is coming. I hope they'll release it on GOG too.

Here's a release schedule for the second half of 2016 including release dates announced at E3.

@Phinnway: Funny, I'm not looking forward to any of that. Sounds like E3 is too boring these days :)

I hoped for Torment: Tides of Numenera, but it looks like it's pushed off again. What I'm looking forward to in 2016 is Shadow Warrior 2.

Last edited:
I have quite the contrary feelings on Gwent - loved it in games as a casual game that was played by everybody, it wasn't balanced at all, it was just fun - a bit like it's canon version in the books. It had it's unique feel to it.

I am very hyped for the new Gwent, especially single player campaign, but I feel with all these added mechanics (a bit Hearthston'y) it might lose some of that funky villag'y theme. That's just a feeling, probably totally wrong.

As for E3, didn't have much time to follow it but - for me the biggest disappointment was Dawn of War 3.
I waited for this game a long time, I am a massive WH40K fan and I loved both previous titles. Both had advantages and disadvantages. DoW3 had an amazing trailer and the gameplay just killed the hype.

No cover system, 3 races only, terrible artstyle and not great graphic fidelity, weird MOBA style heroes and abilities, not much variety in units (for now). And ofc their - "make it more accesible, make it fun - easy to play, fun to master is just a sign they want to do an easy version of Starcraft. And it was Starcraft that was supposed to be Warhammer.

However - Mafia 3 still looks like it could be very good, Deus Ex MD too - despite it's weird graphic downgrades.
Andromeda had a nice trailer, but it's Bioware.

Didn't see much more than this. oh, God of War looked like Nordic The Order 1866, which doesn't look well.

Agreed on the DoW3 part of your parts, I feel the same about that game. That is not the "Grimdark" universe which I love, not even close to that.

I decided that I am going to pick up Maffia 3 and later Ghost Recon Wildlands. Both looks pretty good, altough I am not sure how much online teamplay needed with Ghost Recon. I hope that I will be able to solo it. I am not fan of the "spec ops operator in jeans" thing, but I can live with it, otherwise the gameplay looks pretty good.

Top Bottom