The General Videogame Thread

+
Ah, that sounds good. Looking forward to it. I didn't keep track of what their plans were, but I hope they'll live up to the quality of the first game.

---------- Updated at 11:37 PM ----------

And seems it will be day one Linux release: http://store.steampowered.com/app/324800/

GOG doesn't list anything besides Windows, but Steam lists Linux.

---------- Post merged on 11-08-2016 at 01:02 AM ----------

Interesting article about Bioshock: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/08/bioshock-objectivism-philosophy-analysis/

I didn't really play the game yet, so I didn't know that it draws a parallel to Atlas Shrugged and Andrew Ryan hints to Ayn Rand.

Last edited:
Just realized there's gonna be a remastered edition of all 3 Bioshock games, and that it might be free for owners of the original games. Is that correct? I think I have all three somewhere and so it'd be a good time to finally play them.

Just realized there's gonna be a remastered edition of all 3 Bioshock games, and that it might be free for owners of the original games. Is that correct? I think I have all three somewhere and so it'd be a good time to finally play them.

The original doesn't work on modern systems though. I tried a lot of things to get it working, but the damn thing always crashes.

All three, or just the two old ones? Remastering Infinite seems a bit premature.

---------- Updated at 09:56 PM ----------

The original doesn't work on modern systems though. I tried a lot of things to get it working, but the damn thing always crashes.

This would be the Original Original? On floppy disk or whatever? :)
I bought the Steam versions of 1 and 2 a couple of years ago. They work fine.

All three, or just the two old ones? Remastering Infinite seems a bit premature.

2K says:

"BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings."

So I guess it's just a bundle, but 1 & 2 come with a face lift.

2K says:

"BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings."

So I guess it's just a bundle, but 1 & 2 come with a face lift.

OK. That makes sense. One word of warning though - if anyone's planning this, don't get the Burial at Sea expansion for Bioshock Infinite unless it's been extensively patched. And discounted. I bought it about six months after it came out, and it was so buggy I gave up and just read the story from some web site. Which was a shame, because it's the extension that connects the two locations and I'd been really looking forward to playing it.

And the second half of Burial at Sea is stealth-based. Which may be a plus or minus, depending how you feel about stealth games .

Last edited:
OK. That makes sense. One word of warning though - if anyone's planning this, don't get the Burial at Sea expansion for Bioshock Infinite unless it's been extensively patched. And discounted. I bought it about six months after it came out, and it was so buggy I gave up and just read the story from some web site. Which was a shame, because it's the extension that connects the two locations and I'd been really looking forward to playing it.

And the second half of Burial at Sea is stealth-based. Which may be a plus or minus, depending how you feel about stealth games .

The bundle will contain all of the DLC for Infinite for free

Huh. I played both episodes on release and they were relatively bug free. Maybe some later patch has broken them?

I might be tempted to replay the original Bioshock if you get the updates for free. Bioshock 2 although a good game (maybe even better than the original) always felt a bit pointless.

I might be tempted to replay the original Bioshock if you get the updates for free. Bioshock 2 although a good game (maybe even better than the original) always felt a bit pointless.

I thought 2 was OK, just a bit too similar to 1. It felt more like an expansion pack than a new game.

My copy of Burial at Sea worked fine, but I really didn't like the direction that DLC took the franchise. I get that Levine was trying to send a "love letter to fans," but joining Rapture and Columbia at the hip cheapened both experiences imo. They were both tight, self-contained, and deeply satisfying experiences on their own, why go the cliche route of making Bioshock Infinite a prequel to the original game?

Also, seeing Elizabeth clubbed to death with a wrench didn't exactly feel like a "love letter."

I liked the idea of them joining the two, as it had already been done briefly in Infinite. The first half of the expansion was OK, story-wise, but the second half sucked.

And what you said in the spoiler.

So the new villains in Pokemon Sun and Moon are just an anarchist street gang who are wannabe rappers: :rofl:

Ah well, at least there's a cute new form for Raichu and Meowth.

So the new villains in Pokemon Sun and Moon are just an anarchist street gang who are wannabe rappers: :rofl:

That was so fucking weird, can't believe I watched most of it. Truth be told, I did it because you mentioned an anarchist gang. What makes you think they are anarchists? They just look like a street gang, I don't see them advocating a self-governed society without obligatory associations.

That was so fucking weird, can't believe I watched most of it. Truth be told, I did it because you mentioned an anarchist gang. What makes you think they are anarchists? They just look like a street gang, I don't see them advocating a self-governed society without obligatory associations.

The symbols just look vaguely like anarchist symbols, and seem to love messing places up for no reason. :p

Top Bottom