The General Videogame Thread

+
Guys, I've played my first hour in The Witcher 3... and... holy moly. Definitely one of my favorite games already. I haven't played the first two games, tho... friends said to me that I should not be worried about the story, cause they''re not connected in a fundamental way. But how can I possibly know.
Anyways, the graphics are bruttish... it's more beautiful than the real life :D
The music, the story, the atmosphere... everything is on the top!
The gameplay and the controls.. well, it could've been better, but who am I to judge :)

Hello and welcome to the Witcher Forums :)

really nice to have another happy Witcher Fan in the world! don't worry, after W3 you will buy W2 and after that maybe read the books or play the first game. Its that addicting!

It was a crap ending. the writing overall was not as good as SW.
Hello I respect your opinion, its really hard and unfair to judge videogames after W3 but only want to say that there are people who play SW2 for the hack & slash and don't story. For that alone its an awsome game.

)Hello I respect your opinion, its really hard and unfair to judge videogames after W3 but only want to say that there are people who play SW2 for the hack & slash and don't story. For that alone its an awsome game.

It's good as a shooter / hack-n-slash, but first part delivers it as well and delivers a good story. It felt lacking in the second game. Part of it was due to erratic pacing and jumping back and forth (vs more linear and coherent progress in the first game). But that wasn't the main issue.

First game's story is just better written, especially the ending. Dialogs with Hoji were better as well. They could work on Kamiko more, to make it match the first game. Or they could use Ameonna in that role for a better effect. But whatever, creators went their own route, and overall the game isn't bad even with its flaws.

Last edited:
@Gilrond-i-Virdan
second had new weapons so you could play different and the story was different. The second was not original as the first one and was rushed. Where is the third game? to be honest i would not pay full price for SW2. After W3 there are only few games good enough for me.

They had a former TW2 writer for the first one and it showed. I also was not a fan of the looter/shooter take and the huge mostly empty levels. Their games are better when things are more tightly designed. I say they move on to a Hard Reset sequel.

I am currently playing Witcher 2, 3days and i am still in flotsam. Great game. Better than ever. Farming for every little piece. Farmed 2000 orens. Will do vernon and iorveth path. I remember before Witcher 3 i knew nothing. Thought you couldn't even farm the endriaga tooths or money lol.

Last edited:
Epic are opening a new game store. Possibly with Linux games too. So far I'm a bit skeptical about the prospects of them having anything DRM-free.

Great, what we totally need. Another games shop client.

So The Last of Us Part II and CP77 will skip GA18. I don't even know what to be excited about anymore...

Let's assume you play 2 hours a day Mon-Thu, take Friday off, and play 4 hours on Sat every single week. See you in 12 and a half weeks.

I'm meanwhile building amdvlk (since they just enabled VK_EXT_transform_feedback as well needed for TW3) to compare performance to radv in the game :) I'll post screenshots.
Post automatically merged:

Hm, hard hang with amdvlk. I'll just play it with radv :)

Last edited:
This GA was pointless cringe-fest, and yeah, it was the only surprise. I certainly didn't expect it to be a FO3/NV clone.

true, i think i will skip Resident Evil 2 Remake because i think i have seen the whole game, so much they spoiled already. Yes my own fault.

Still playing a lot of Terraria. That game is just So. Good. 300 hundred hours will be hit tomorrow. (And that's with a 100% vanilla game.)
I've literally roped my way to both space and the underworld (hell). :D

So, The Astronauts(small Polish team that made Vanishing of Ethan Carter) started regular Wednesday updates about their latest game, FPS called Witchfire. First bits of video look intriguing: http://www.theastronauts.com/2018/12/witchfire-a-year-after-reveal/

Today's update about weapon design process: http://www.theastronauts.com/2018/12/witchfire-crossbow/

Definitely on my radar.
It looks very nice.

I put my eyes on this potential gem:

only doubt: never heard these devs before, but it looks like they know what they're doing: nice graphic, excellent atmosphere and good animations (both hands and enemies, the big robot is glorious). RPG mechanics for sure, probably open-world. Coming on PC and consoles.

Top Bottom