The General Videogame Thread

+
You know what game just went on sale that I decided not to play because it was an RPG in FPP? KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE! the great and awesome steam has it for free Rn. I'm Downloading it now, and I am going to give this FPP RPG a chance. lets see how immersive this is!

Its a great game, but your character is really quite bad at fighting in the beginning. I would recommend to train extensively with the swordmasters to get the hang of it. Not just in terms of the controls, parrys and ripostes - but also cause your characters (not just personal) skill level has a heavy influence how well & fluent your combat maneuvers work.

Also, if you have problems with the save system, there are mods that unlock "save everywhere" (e.g. on the nexus)

Oh, a free weekend on Kingdom Come. My PC isn't good enough to run it properly but I might give it a try regardless. I've been interested in the game but limited by my hardware for a very long time now; I don't want to buy a game that I cannot run on decent settings, especially when I already have many games I've either never finished or never even launched. :p

Galaxy says I have around 130 games -- but I really only play fewer than 20. :shrug:

Ive been playing Darksiders 3. Im liking this more, more combat and less jumping and puzzles, its quite balanced actually. I still dont get the combat though, when to dodge or when to move etc.

Its such a underrated game, only 200k owner on Steam... https://steamspy.com/app/606280

Curious as to how the Blacksad game will pan out. Been a big fan of the graphic novels for a while now and so this has really got me peaked.

I'm playing days gone and it's the worst optimized game I've ever played on PS4. I think it runs avarage at 20fps and drops to less than 10 several times (with hords it's literally unplayable). In almost every cutscene textures are not loaded, which makes them look very very bad. This is weird since it's a sony exclusive and those are the best optimized games (after rockstar) on market. I understand this is the first real AAA game from bend studio since ages, I understand they used UE4 and not a sony's engine, but days gone is just unplayable for most of the time. They say control has a terrible frame rate, but remedy is not a first party studio.
I'm now scared for CP2077, since TW3 was not that smooth on consoles already.

EDIT:
I don't know how this is possible, but to me is everything but what digital foundry says, it runs like shit.

Last edited:
I'm Downloading it now, and I am going to give this FPP RPG a chance.

Never played it myself and recently picked it up. It's... different.... but has been enjoyable so far. One of the better aspects is the way the progression works. It really does feel like your character is a cupcake at the game start and progression feels like it provides meaningful results. More importantly, it manages to have a high degree of user control while keeping the progression relevant alongside it.

A good example would be Archery. It is highly based on player action but the degree of difficulty is greatly increased or decreased depending on character skill level. Honestly, I don't think I've ever played a game where a single aspect of combat was so rewarding and frustrating at the same time. It's extremely irritating starting out but as the player character improves, and you get used to the mechanics, oh boy is it rewarding.

I think future games can take something from the way KCD does this stuff. Whether it be alchemy, grindstones, reading, archery, melee combat, etc. The blend of interactive player involvement and character ability just... works for me.

My only complaint with KCD would be combat with multiple opponents. It can feel highly clunky.

P.S. Don't get caught up in swords. Real Henry's use a mace or war hammer. Good god a clean head smack is absolute murder. Even heavy armor just rolls over :).

I hope it'll be released in english ASAP, but we can already understand 99% of it just from the video.

I already know this will be my personal GOTY 2019: setting is glorious, story looks mysterious and interesting, graphics is top notch, animations are great (only jumping is weird) and interactive, you need to "take care" of Sam even more than Arthur in RDR2 (this makes the player strongly bind to the character), and for the first time, multiplayer looks interesting to me.

I love that the game will be about long silent trips around an empty world (some may say hiking simulator) but it'll also have more classic elements.

Less than 2 months, can't wait!

P.S. I'm not a big fan of MGS saga, but this is fantastic, very close to my ideal game.

John Carmack talks about what he would've done with Rage now and how too much ambition for your game can set your production for failure.

With new consoles right around the corner, as well as new technological features, I wonder if Cyberpunk 2077 will become subpar or average once we see future games drop during the early phase of next-gen consoles?

I keep my expectations low knowing that there could be the chance that could happen, but it's also possible Cyberpunk 2077 might end up setting the standard for future video games. I dunno. But it's good to have a realistic expectation over gameplay features 'cause some talk like it's going to be the Matrix of gaming ( seriously? :facepalm:). IMO, from what I've seen, I don't think the game mechanics are going to be groundbreaking, it'll likely have standard stuff such as a basic skill tree and crafting, but I have a feeling of what might set the bar is the narration feeling almost natural, unscripted or artificial, just totally organic happenstance. And that's something I picked up on when I've played the Witcher 3. That ambition for storytelling, imo, is the type of strength I'm looking forward to because it's something that's not greatly affected by whatever next-gen technological feature.

So it's interesting to hear what John Carmack thinks about being ambitious with technology. Imagine how long we'd have to wait if CDPR decided to pack multiplayer with the single player game. :giveup:

Last edited:
I wonder if Cyberpunk 2077 will become subpar or average once we see future games drop during the early phase of next-gen consoles?
it depends. In terms of graphics and animations, 100%, it won't even be as nice as RDR2 (on consoles). And frame rate scares me a lot. In terms of side quests and narrative, if it's like TW3 it'll be great but not innovative anymore, if quests are varier than it has good chances. In terms of dialogue system probably it will set the bar and will keep it high for some time. Luckily for CDPR, the only big companies which makes RPGs are EA ( :ROFLMAO: ) and ubisoft and, seriously, how can ubisoft's copy-paste compete with anyone serious like CDPR, rockstar and sony?

it depends. In terms of graphics and animations, 100%, it won't even be as nice as RDR2 (on consoles). And frame rate scares me a lot. In terms of side quests and narrative, if it's like TW3 it'll be great but not innovative anymore, if quests are varier than it has good chances. In terms of dialogue system probably it will set the bar and will keep it high for some time. Luckily for CDPR, the only big companies which makes RPGs are EA ( :ROFLMAO: ) and ubisoft and, seriously, how can ubisoft's copy-paste compete with anyone serious like CDPR, rockstar and sony?
I would bet my bank account that most PC games next gen will be graphically better than RDR 2 on console. PC is always ahead of the curve. And if CDPR design for PC first like they did with TW2, they'll be on the cutting edge in terms of visuals. TW2 and BF5 were hands down the most graphically impressive games of 2011. Now, are they as good as RS at getting the best visuals out of consoles? Definitely not. Will RDR2 on PC look better? Very possible.

I would bet my bank account that most PC games next gen will be graphically better than RDR 2 on console. PC is always ahead of the curve. And if CDPR design for PC first like they did with TW2, they'll be on the cutting edge in terms of visuals. TW2 and BF5 were hands down the most graphically impressive games of 2011. Now, are they as good as RS at getting the best visuals out of consoles? Definitely not. Will RDR2 on PC look better? Very possible.
100% agreed, I never said that games on consoles look better than on better PCs (except for very weird cases, like some old pro evolution soccer), of course an high end pc will have better looking games than a 200€ console (actual price for a ps4 now), but I like to compare games on the same machine, so I'm pretty sure that CP2077 on consoles won't be as good as RDR2 on consoles and next gen games will look better on a 1000€+ PC than on next gen consoles. Pretty obvious.

Bought a few games last week, and I have to say Spyro: Reignited Trilogy is tons and tons of fun. It can be really hard at times (I've no clue how to 100% various levels), and frustrating as well, but ultimately it's brilliant. Looks gorgeous, too.
I've played one Spyro game on the Xbox in the past, but it was 'A Hero's Tail' and isn't part of the Trilogy. Which is good because I remember getting hopelessly stuck...

Headliner: NoviNews is also an excellent game. I already finished it once but it demands multiple playthroughs -- which I'll be more than happy to do in the future. Loads of often difficult choices with sometimes unpredictable outcomes. Only took me 2 hours to play through so it's not long at all.

It's happening people! on November 5 of this year even!! Hot Damn!

Waaay sooner than I expected :eek: Not that I’m complaining though, these are amazing news! :cool:

The later it got in the year the more I was afraid it would come late next year. I say late because in the spring we have multiple huge releases, including Cyberpunk. I'm ready to hit the prairie boys.

Interesting. I didn't get too much into previous Red Dead Redemption when I played on my Xbox, since I just couldn't get used to shooting on a pad, but now when the sequel comes out on PC, it might be a good opportunity to see if it's really as great as people claim it to be. Assuming that system requirements and general port quality will be reasonable enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom