The General Videogame Thread

+
Probably after you get wrecked and finally unlock the combat trainer. Bernard if memory serves? It is cutscene/cinematic heavy, I suppose. Fun game if you can get into it.

In terms of controls.... They're really not cumbersome. At first glance they would appear clunky. After playing with them a bit you get used to it. And by then they stop feeling clunky and more... strategic. In fact, if anything KCD models the combat of the time a lot better. None of this wildly swinging swords and dancing around as you'd see in most movies. It's more methodical and... messy. Getting opponents off balance, parries/blocks, well timed combos, clinches, clinches into getting opponents off balance then executing a well timed combo....

I will say if you play similar type games as a button spammer, blindly pressing buttons instead of thinking about what you're doing, KCD combat won't go well.

Perhaps I might give it a try.

Man, I have become waaay too cynical and jaded in my old age. I see a statement by Sony that sounds like they want to step back and let serious matters take center stage, but immediately go to the place of thinking "Pffft, they don't have anything good ready to show and are looking for a good excuse to stall!"... :censored:
I don't think it's the case since today they were actually advertising the event on tv, so they did want to show stuff (also, they announced it 1 week ago). If we wish to sound cynical and marketing-wise, it's more like "1/3 of our global market is busy rioting, better postpone everything when people will actually watch the show and be willing to buy our console".
Also, this move is good for the company's image.
If we wish to sound cynical.

But I'm not blaming Sony for this, I'm blaming the situation (and don't want to go political since it's forbidden by the forum rules).

At this point I hope the situation will be fine by the 11th and that the night city wire won't be affected as well.

EDIT: GODDAMN, I was right.

Last edited:
The heaviest influence to me is the latest AC games, with a touch of Nioh and Witcher thrown in. So not totally innovative but playing a samurai in an open world Japan is a huge plus. It really depends if they can keep the activities from being too copy paste.
This pretty much sums up how I felt when I first watched the trailer.

GOT reminds me more of Assassin's Creed than anything, which isn't a bad thing. I've been hoping Ubisoft would announce an AC game that would take place during that feudal era of Japan since probably AC II or Brotherhood. I've also been seriously craving a more realistic samurai game that doesn't have so many of the fantasy elements like you see in Nioh or Sekiro for quite some time now. The atmosphere in this game seems great as well, which is always a big plus for me.

It does feel at least slightly underwhelming, though. Not even entirely sure why. A lot of aspects of the game do seem like they're just copied and pasted from other open world games. Makes some things feel very basic and recycled, or rushed. Would be nice to see something new. Also, the game looks great overall, but as a graphics whore I can't help but wish it looked a little sharper.

It's the only upcoming game I'm excited about aside from CP2077 so here's hoping Sucker Punch delivers.

Last edited:
A very good game, even though it was a bit buggy experience on Linux. They never updated it on GOG though past certain older version. Steam got all the updates, which is annoying.
Post automatically merged:

Just finished VirtuaVerse. The ending was strange.

Great soundtrack though!

Last edited:
They never updated it on GOG though past certain older version.

shame.jpg

Hey guys,

I am currently writing my Bachelor thesis in the field of Linguistics and would greatly appreciate your help. In my study I want to investigate the perception of different language varieties of English (accents ) spoken in the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and examine in how far these perceptions affect the creation of characters in video games.

Conditions to participate:

Must be English native speaker
I am looking for both people who played or did not play the game and the questionnaire will approximately take 15 min.

Please click the link to be redirected to the questionnaire: https://forms.gle/hogvMJoyXdeY4RseA.

Feel free to forward the link to any person that might be interested in the study and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me via patricia.meier@hhu.de.

I would really appreciate your participation

Patricia

As a reminder, posting and / or sharing links of leaked content is not allowed. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Top Bottom