The General Videogame Thread

+
Yeah, GOG has interesting not apparent extras in some games. Though I'd prefer them to handle such cases differently, since it's easy to overlook them.

Last edited:
Some new footage from Order 1886. I have to say... those graphics are just unbelievable. At some points it looks like a playable CGI movie. Otherwise... well, it's a third person shooter in a setting that isn't really that common.

Last edited:
Brick rendering simulator with a hint of victorian chest high walls, with added smoke everywhere to make it look "cool" while fooling people's perception of the actual draw distance. "Let's obstruct field of view to be more artistic!". Bah, another Ryse, just somehow with less gameplay, how they managed that, I do not know.

Cutscenes, cutscenes, even the gameplay is cutscenes.

Graphics are decent but nothing special about them. It's post processing. Apply temporal/spatial denoiser to soften the image like a movie, use some filters like vignette and other things on the image, make everything dark, use smoke to hide rendering distance, but that also has the excuse of being steampunk so it works just fine and there you go.

Ewww, that hanging laundry doesn't even appear to have physics. Still, the aesthetics are nice, very atmospheric.

No. There are barely any good games out there that are actually based on Norse mythology (references and names don't count). Judging by their description, however, I wouldn't really call this project faithful at all (six worlds, really?).

I was under the impression that only six worlds of the nine were described in the Edda, and I assumed that was the reason why they chose only those six worlds for the game. But I admit that my knowledge of Norse mythology is quite poor...
They´ll be posting dev diaries explaining the lore within the game in the next week, so I´ll check them out and see what they say about it.

Anyone else been playing the Titanfall beta?

Maybe it's because I rarely, very very rarely play games like this. But I had a damned fun time.

Fuck that noob bullshit auto pistol though.

Yeah it's something. Probably the only revolutionary thing in that game. Noob tubing was one thing way back when when I played the original Modern Warfare. But at least you had to aim a little bit.

Yeah it's something. Probably the only revolutionary thing in that game. Noob tubing was one thing way back when when I played the original Modern Warfare. But at least you had to aim a little bit.
Autoaim, lol.

So far the only thing I like about the game is the butter smooth manoeuvrability.

Top Bottom