The General Videogame Thread

+

Guest 3847602

This looks very promising, and flew almost completely under the radar:

Very promising indeed, it was on my radar already, even if what's being said in the description and about its features end up being a massive oversell, this artstyle alone was enough to make me interested.
Still gonna wait for reviews, just to be sure it's not an unpolished, borderline unplayable mess.

Sounds pretty amazing. There is not many detective RPG games on the market, so it's definitely something worth looking into.

I'd love a sort of Blade-Runner-esque mystery done in the L.A. Noire style. I felt that game was, perhaps, a bit too loaded and/or particular in some ways, but it was a really engrossing concept.

Very promising indeed, it was on my radar already, even if what's being said in the description and about its features end up being a massive oversell, this artstyle alone was enough to make me interested.
Still gonna wait for reviews, just to be sure it's not an unpolished, borderline unplayable mess.
Sounds pretty amazing. There is not many detective RPG games on the market, so it's definitely something worth looking into.

Apparently, Cohhcarnage will be hosting a hands on stream with the game Tuesday (tommorow, but your milage may vary). I'll definitely check it out.

There are many games I'd absolutely love to experience for the first time, for a second time. Learning the ropes, making stupid mistakes, discovering what the game has to offer, admiring the visuals, getting stuck on quests/puzzles, getting good at the game, being fascinated by the characters/writing/mechanics/side activities/visuals/audio -- and, most importantly, simply having fun with all the new, shiny things. :D

This looks very promising, and flew almost completely under the radar:

It did fly very, very low on my radar, I didn’t learn of its existence until yesterday! :ROFLMAO: Based on this great review, seems like something I’ll definitely (and eventually) play:

I envy the people who sill play it for the first time now. This games gives emotions that can't be felt often in videogames.

My advice: play it slowly, be immerse in gameplay and story.

Will do! That’s pretty much my usual approach to open world games: play the main story on a on-and-off basis, take my time to learn the ropes, regularly wander off the beaten path, talk to all NPCs, try different outcomes when/if possible, soak in the atmosphere, admire the views, admire the architecture, admire the art direction...

No wonder I spent over 400 hours on The Witcher 3 :LOL:

Last edited:
Will do! That’s pretty much my usual approach to open world games: play the main story on a on-and-off basis, take my time to learn the ropes, regularly wander off the beaten path, talk to all NPCs, try different outcomes when/if possible, soak in the atmosphere, admire the views, admire the architecture, admire the art direction...

No wonder I spent over 400 hours on The Witcher 3 :LOL:
You will LOVE RDR2. No doubt about it. That game is designed to be played slowly, with "side quests" that appear when the plot slows down so the pace is always perfect.

Little advice for something not everybody noticed in the game: when freeroaming, you can see smoke on the horizon. Those are actually campfires with NPCs. Interacting with them sometimes offer precious moments. That, and the usual rockstar's random encounters.

Guest 3847602

Heh, to be fair, they did say the new GS game won't be Vicky 3.
Well yeah, but I was hoping it's just their marketing strategy. Like, how they've been saying for years that they won't make a sequel to EU Rome, and then Imperator Rome got announced.
Of course, CK3 is coming out is not a horrible news (it's almost a certain buy for me), but it's gonna be so frustrating to wait a few more years for Vicky 3.

Well yeah, but I was hoping it's just their marketing strategy. Like, how they've been saying for years that they won't make a sequel to EU Rome, and then Imperator Rome got announced.
Of course, CK3 is coming out is not a horrible news (it's almost a certain buy for me), but it's gonna be so frustrating to wait a few more years for Vicky 3.

Right there with you. We're sorely lacking in the intricacies of modern-ish time periods in the grand strategy department. Good ones, that is.

RDR2 looks stunning, but I'm curious to see it when modders remove the color filters. Looks like the game is really heavy on those. Still a bit surreal we finally get it on PC.

A couple of interesting reveals coming from PDXCON Berlin.
Another World of Darkness game, you say? That's Vampire the Masquerade and now Werewolf the Apocalypse...I can only hope Mage the Ascension and Demon the Fallen aren't too far behind...oh, and Hunter the Reckoning.

Top Bottom