The General Videogame Thread

+
Game companies started to do the same thing what Holywood is doing already: remakes. If you are unable to produce anything interesting and new, then you can still try to sell nostalgia-loaded product, right?

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is coming in less then 24h, and also in less then 24h we'll get to see Age of Empires 4!

Nice :ok: I never got around to play the first two AoE beyond their starting missions, plus I really enjoyed AoE 3 back in the day (especially the asian expansion pack), so I'm looking forward to eventually play the remakes. And, of course, I'm eager to see what they have in store for AoE 4.

There are not many upcoming games I'm really looking to play. Phoenix Point and Mechwarrior 5, but they are Epic exclusives, so I need to wait a year for those. Wasteland 3, because I backed it and it looks really good in alpha already. I probably need to finish ATOM sometime in the future, but I don't feel bored enough to start playing it again. And Cyberpunk 2077 of course.

But yeah - my list is short and I haven't seen anything else really interesting.

Im looking forward to get back to Diablo, thats what I gotta say.

Horses sounds like fun. Not so sure about PVP though, Diablo should be "overpowered" PVE game imho. PVP means they gotta go with balanced stuff.

Would it be fun twist to the series if one could get flying mount and kill stuff from the air?

Last edited:
Finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order the other day. Really liked it! Not perfect, but a lovely SW action-adventure game, with some RPG elements sprinkled in.

Finished Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order the other day. Really liked it! Not perfect, but a lovely SW action-adventure game, with some RPG elements sprinkled in.

I'm thinking about this one. (Shame drips from his skin. Tries to hide the numerous unplayed games in his library.) Really wasn't expecting it to look that good.

I'm thinking about this one. (Shame drips from his skin. Tries to hide the numerous unplayed games in his library.) Really wasn't expecting it to look that good.
Haha, I feel you there. My backlog gets larger by the day. The gameplay is sort of like a mix of Soulsborne-esque games, meets Uncharted. There was much more platforming than I expected, but it wasn't poorly implemented at all. The story and characters are quite good though. If you're a Star Wars fan, I think you'll enjoy it!

Has anyone ever thought about CDPR doing a game based in the Warhammer 40k universe? It seems right up their story telling alley. A universe with no clear cut good guys, super dark and gritty. A huge, beautiful and stupid gritty universe with limitless storytelling potential that really has not been touched much at all by the AAA RPG industry. The only big name games recently have been Dawn of War 3 and Space Marine. Neither of which were a big hit. I would play the shit out of a story driven 40k game.

Has anyone ever thought about CDPR doing a game based in the Warhammer 40k universe? It seems right up their story telling alley. A universe with no clear cut good guys, super dark and gritty. A huge, beautiful and stupid gritty universe with limitless storytelling potential that really has not been touched much at all by the AAA RPG industry. The only big name games recently have been Dawn of War 3 and Space Marine. Neither of which were a big hit. I would play the shit out of a story driven 40k game.
I think it'd be pretty cool! They definitely have a knack for games with that kind of tone. I imagine something like Space Marine, in full blown RPG form. Would definitely love to see that some day... One can dream! :sleep:

Love the Warhammer 40K thing, but it's a very expensive license. Plus, I have a few friends that are possibly bigger geeks than I am. They're in good with one of the local game and hobby stores that stopped carrying Games Workshop stuff. Guess the company started getting a little pushy. Demanding that a minimum of 60% of their shelf space was dedicated to Warhammer. Being such a small store, it was simply too restrictive. GW responded by pulling their license.

It's that sort of partnership that can create a lot of headaches. Might be worth considering for the future, but I'm not sure the climate is that sunny at the moment.

I've found a second favourite Polish developer. Frozen District only have one released game, House Flipper, at the moment but for the second time ever (first was Blood and Wine) I'm looking forward to a DLC so much that I'll buy it as soon as it's possible.

House Flipper already has one DLC, Garden Flipper, and the two really make for an amazing game. Somewhat repetitive perhaps, but I don't mind at all. Fixing up houses and gardens is super enjoyable and relaxing.

(Also, reorganising clients' furniture and other possessions -- or even painting walls -- far beyond what they actually want. No one ever complains so there's no reason not to have some extra fun. :p )

Love the Warhammer 40K thing, but it's a very expensive license. Plus, I have a few friends that are possibly bigger geeks than I am. They're in good with one of the local game and hobby stores that stopped carrying Games Workshop stuff. Guess the company started getting a little pushy. Demanding that a minimum of 60% of their shelf space was dedicated to Warhammer. Being such a small store, it was simply too restrictive. GW responded by pulling their license.

It's that sort of partnership that can create a lot of headaches. Might be worth considering for the future, but I'm not sure the climate is that sunny at the moment.
True indeed. The idea is a fun one, but really little more than a pipe dream in all likelihood.

Bailing on RDR2 for now so RS can patch their mess. GTA5 is a far more polished port. Might even upgrade to a new card anyway and it'd be nice to play it at higher settings. It's a wonderful clunky as hell game highlighting how good RS is at map design, and how shit they are at UI and character/item interaction. What takes one key press in a capable RPG takes 3 key presses in RDR2. It's the most inefficient UI design I've seen in a AAA title. Same goes with the numerous menus. It's like they have no interest at all in improving in this area

Bailing on RDR2 for now so RS can patch their mess. GTA5 is a far more polished port. Might even upgrade to a new card anyway and it'd be nice to play it at higher settings. It's a wonderful clunky as hell game highlighting how good RS is at map design, and how shit they are at UI and character/item interaction. What takes one key press in a capable RPG takes 3 key presses in RDR2. It's the most inefficient UI design I've seen in a AAA title. Same goes with the numerous menus. It's like they have no interest at all in improving in this area
Glad I held off on picking up RDR2 for PC. Hope they fix it up.

I’m not interested in VR, at least not yet, but I’m glad that Valve hasn’t completely forgotten about Half-Life :)

I'm excited about this and hope it's the first step towards HL3.

I have to say though, I'm wondering how much to bet on whether someone chimes in and says, 'See, see?! 1st person isn't immersive, just look at those disembodied hands!' ;)

Looks very, very cool. Unfortunately I cannot use VR, due to eye issues. But I still be watching "let's plays", to get the story.

Still waiting for HL3 :p

Top Bottom