The General Videogame Thread

+

The umpteenth looter shooter. Boring AF.

Give us bulletstorm back.

At least animations for enemies being hit look nice.
Developers who formerly worked on Painkiller and Bulletstorm formed their own indie studio The Astronauts and currently they are working on new fast paced shooter, Witchfire. I think it might be more up you alley.

Developers who formerly worked on Painkiller and Bulletstorm formed their own indie studio The Astronauts and currently they are working on new fast paced shooter, Witchfire. I think it might be more up you alley.

I knew witchfire but I didn't know it's from those guys.

It looked more interesting before it got strong destiny vibes, though:

That dragon looks like it means business. Not sure if it's upset over the gnat on it's back or because it woke up on the wrong side of bed.

When he speaks about atreus is a great example of what I think designing a game should be like: it's not just using known mechanics and gameplay loops but actually thinking which fits to the game you want to make and adapt/invent/re-think it so it fits perfectly with the story/setting you are portraing.

I'm a huge GOW 2018 fan (didn't really like the previous games), I know.

This is definitely a game which I will buy on day one for sure. Heh, I remember playing BG1, which was on 4 CD's (if I remember correctly) on a PC with a 180MB HDD. I had to install the minimal version and then swap CD's while moving from location to location. Ahh, great times...

Baldur's Gate 3. Move over CDPR, you have some competition.

Baldur's Gate 3. Move over CDPR, you have some competition.
Yeah, saw that.

Not sure how to feel. Looks 90% the same as Divinity Original Sin 2, which is not a compliment. That's a great (Fantastic) game, but it's not Baldur's Gate. I was ALWAYS afraid they would just fall back to Divinity design instead of actually trying to make something fresh or true to the franchise.

The dialogue camera is cool, but I need to see how the combat looks and feels before I start deciding that this game is going to be amazing. If it has the same over-the-top animations as Divinity (and the ridiculous sneaking animation), AND it's turn-based (looks like it will be), well...

Let's hope there's more to it than that.

I dunno. The art style seems a bit more grounded and realistic than OS. Sure I see some similarity but it doesn't look like a copy. We'll know soon enough. Gameplay vid today.

Not sure how to feel. Looks 90% the same as Divinity Original Sin 2, which is not a compliment. That's a great (Fantastic) game, but it's not Baldur's Gate.

The dialogue camera is cool, but I need to see how the combat looks
Yeah, in 3-ish hours.

I wasn't saying the art style was the same. The combat and UI look the same, which is important because that's what you'll be doing throughout a lot of the game.

As you said, gameplay is coming soon, so there's no reason for me to judge it fully yet.

Top Bottom