The General Videogame Thread

+
Hell I'm fine with it. I'm not sure why it happened in Poland of all places, but the genre is vastly underrepresented.

Hell I'm fine with it. I'm not sure why it happened in Poland of all places, but the genre is vastly underrepresented.
Absolutely, same here. It's one of the main reasons I wait for CP77 with this hype. But I fear it'll become the new "zombie games" for the next 10 years.

There's also "the last light" coming at some point the future (2021?), other small games, and surely ubisoft will make a cyberpunk game because... it's ubisoft.

Never thought about that before, but now I remember Observer as well as the games mentioned above, and it really makes you feel like the Polish deliver more cyberpunk right now than anybody else. Quite good ones, too!

The Last Night, you mean? Last I heard it was in development limbo. Some thing about the rights and funding. It looked so good, though. Hopefully they'll sort it out.
yeah, Night. they said what they showed was just a concept and not in-game stuff and had serious troubles to make the real game look that good, but apparently they managed and are in full development now. Let's see. :shrug:

P.S. Ruiner (2017) is polish as well :ROFLMAO:

It looks very nice, just """weird""" that all polish devs are making cyberpunk games. I mean, this, ghostrunner, CP77 and probably even more...
It's mainly a combination of two things: the amount of attention the Cyberpunk 2077 got even before The Witcher 3 and some of the CD Projekt developers who were involved in it's preproduction leaving the studio, then joining the other teams, most likely bringing some of the ideas for Cyberpunk game with them, thus leading to renaissance of Cyberpunk genre among polish developers.
Techland, for instance, is not making a CP game (that we know, at least),
Better not. I hope that after Dying Light 2 they will take a break from riding on Dead Island's coattails and finally develop a new Call of Juarez (I know The Cartel sucked, but Gunslinger was awesome) or finish Hellraid.

P.S. Ruiner (2017) is polish as well :ROFLMAO:
I think I wanna buy a Polish flag right now and have it at my PC.

Speaking of nations being good at their gaming niches, does anybody know any other examples of certain types of games (or good ones, at least) coming mostly from a certain nation/ethnicity? I can only think about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro games.

Better not. I hope that after Dying Light 2 they will take a break from riding on Dead Island's coattails and finally develop a new Call of Juarez (I know The Cartel sucked, but Gunslinger was awesome) or finish Hellraid.

As far as I know, the next project after Dying Light 2 for Techland is an unannounced new fantasy IP that is not Hellraid, and the Warsaw studio (possibly also Karolina Stachyra, who moved from CDPR to Techland in late 2016, and is currently lead narrative designer of an unannounced project in Warsaw) is working on it. Or at least that is what was said a year ago here, I do not know if the plans changed since then.

That's right, TL was supposed to be working on that fantasy IP. But that was years ago now. I wonder if it's still in production.

As far as I know, the next project after Dying Light 2 for Techland is an unannounced new fantasy IP that is not Hellraid, and the Warsaw studio (possibly also Karolina Stachyra, who moved from CDPR to Techland in late 2016, and is currently lead narrative designer of an unannounced project in Warsaw) is working on it. Or at least that is what was said a year ago here, I do not know if the plans changed since then.
I guess I did heard something about it and all the developers in Techland who worked previously on The Witcher 3 have still an unannounced game listed as their next project on their respective LinkedIn pages. It's possible although that, if they are doing first person fantasy game, they might use what they developed for Hellraid, like combat system, weapons, locations and monster models, for that new project.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

This is what I know: I am home. Also, fear my wand.

I don't care about the skins, I'm only replying to say that I'm currently playing through Doom Eternal and it's absolutely awesome (minus one or two relatively minor gripes). End of message.
It's not quite what FWH did with music, is it? Not really. It's not as original and quite as slavic.

It's not quite what FWH did with music, is it? Not really. It's not as original and quite as slavic.
My gripes so far are not about music, actually, they are more about a certain tonal disparities, but I need to play the game more before I will be able to judge it properly.

Top Bottom