The General Videogame Thread

+
I really hope the rumors of a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster are true. I've been bereft of some Jane Shepard ever since my PS3 died.

I really hope the rumors of a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster are true. I've been bereft of some Jane Shepard ever since my PS3 died.

I was kinda planning of doing another run of the trilogy at some point. If the rumors are true (and it kinda seems that they are) i'll hold off and play it then, although I hope it's an actual remaster and not a half hearted attempt like the Assassins Creed "remasters". It deserves a proper remastering like AoE 2.

Guest 3847602

although I hope it's an actual remaster and not a half hearted attempt like the Assassins Creed "remasters". It deserves a proper remastering like AoE 2.
It's nice to have a hope, but what are the chances of BW devoting men and women required for making a remaster of AoE2: DE caliber? At most, I can see them fixing things such as Mako's physics (as well as adjusting the terrain on planets like Nodacrux or Ontarom), and ME3 journal, but anything beyond that? Can't see that happening. I'd be shocked and truly impressed if face import bug in ME3 is fixed and relying on Lazarus Project mod won't be a necessity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever that is, it won't be a remake (e.g. shadow of the colossus from bluepoint) but just sticking 4K textures on and sell it at full price.

I came to post that.

That's the best way to present a game with such complex mechanics. I think nobody can complain that something is not clear about it. You don't even need such long footage, to be honest. I like how these guys show us their game the same way they present it to the media. We also are able to understand the difference between alpha/beta and finished game.

I understand why a CGI trailer is more effective marketing-wise, but I don't understand why we can't get both from the vast majority of companies.

Finally got around to see the whole Baldur’s Gate III demo (it took me a couple of days, work has been a little more hectic than usual). Even in his clumsiness, Swen was delightful to watch :cool: He (and the game) did better than last time thankfully, but I can’t yet make a more informed and succinct veredict about the game in the state that it currently is. In the meantime, I’ll keep my eyes on its progress.

14a.jpg

I think nobody can complain that something is not clear about it.

Well, if I were overly picky with it I’d complain about two things:
  1. A live demo like that one can become boring to watch for some people. Sure, excessive editing can be counterproductive (like Cyberpunk 2077’s Deep Dive demo, pretty “popular” with folks here in the forums :coolstory:) but a lack of it can draw other sorts of people away too. Demos can be a though balancing act.
  2. A slight lack of information regarding what’s an oversight and what’s a feature. For instance, is that how the cameras (both the tactical one and the dialog one) are going to work in the final version of the game or is there still work to be done with them? How much do stuff like puddles really affect sneaking? Is that the definitive art direction of the game? Is the protagonist’s deer-in-the-headlights default stare that... perpetual?
But I’m not, so I’m OK with what they’ve shown so far knowing that it’s work in progress. I’m certain they’ll fix or improve the majority of issues somewhere down the line :ok:

Judging by this trailer the game looks better than I expected, compared to the N Sane Trilogy. I hope it’ll eventually be released on PC.

I totally agree, 3 hours are too much, I wasn't clear in my previous post.
I dunno, call me crazy but I'd rather have too much information that I can opt to stop consuming when I feel I've had enough as opposed to barely any that leaves me wanting more and getting increasingly irked at the product when there is none. :censored:

I dunno, call me crazy but I'd rather have too much information that I can opt to stop consuming when I feel I've had enough as opposed to barely any that leaves me wanting more and getting increasingly irked at the product when there is none. :censored:
more is definitely better than less, but I prefer 1 good hour, on spot and spoiler-free, than 3 long hours with the same content+spoilers.

Everything is better than a highly edited video, just to make things clear.

Here's Marvel's Avengers War Table, their new 25-minute informative trailer...
A hefty chunk of raw gameplay, some major questions about the game finally answered and game mechanics showed and explained...your move, CDPR.

Top Bottom