The General Videogame Thread

+
I'm looking forward to Hitman 3 but j hope they get rid of that stupid always online feature. There is no reason on earth why a single player game needs to keep you connected to the internet.

Oh, man, this made my day :beer:
Same here! Been playing Shadow Warrior 2 lately, loving the game and looking forward to playing the first game (the remake). I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of information there, game seems to have a lot of info and lore going on through both games.

Hope I'll catch up before the 3rd game!

I must be the only person on planet earth who enjoys the number feature when you hurt enemies.
Risk of Rain and Risk of Rain 2 both have them. Also Apex Legends, but this one is a bit tough one because the numbers may distract you/obscure the player so it is a thing of a preference. And Borderlands, too!

I'll see your cinematic trailer and raise you some actual gameplay!
Looks good. The switch to UE4 improved visuals. My only gripe is I don't really want Doom style levels in Shadow Warrior. I like that the first reboot had different real world areas that were the underpinning for each layout. Doom is great but the levels just seem like playgrounds to me.

I'll see your cinematic trailer and raise you some actual gameplay!
came here for this, it really looks neat. And gunplay on spot! I must say that many small companies are finally getting to a good level of gunplay. The astronauts with Witchfire is another one. Next step? I hope for a good FPP melee.
This, I did not expect to see again.

Too bad it's just a remaster (not remake). A very underestimated game that I really liked, I hope this re-release goes well and they'll make a sequel with a better story.

came here for this, it really looks neat. And gunplay on spot! I must say that many small companies are finally getting to a good level of gunplay. The astronauts with Witchfire is another one. Next step? I hope for a good FPP melee.

Too bad it's just a remaster (not remake). A very underestimated game that I really liked, I hope this re-release goes well and they'll make a sequel with a better story.
It's a remaster, true, but it's also coming out with a new expansion next year called Fatesworn. If interest is high in the remaster and the expansion, THQNordic has said they would like to do more with the franchise.

This shows more gameplay and it looks really good, if slower than the last game. He uses the grapple hook on enemies too and it looks awesome.
Aw, man...they went back to the linear style. :sad: I'll play it but looks like 2 will more than likely remain my favorite out of the series.

I've done some research, and SW2 was a looter shooter that shared with borderlands also the same type of irony. If they get rid of the looting part, I can be fine with it. If not, I'm calling myself out.

I've never played a SW game in my life but this third one looks really fun, and visually gorgeous to boot :ok: I just hope that its comedic style doesn't grow tiring on me when I play it :LOL:

The first reboot is the stronger game and more of an old school shooter imo. Not a looter shooter at all. And even though we don't play SW for the writing, the story and humor were surprisingly good. A lot of that got lost in SW2. I will say the actual gunplay and weapon variety in SW2 was stellar. I'm hoping they keep that.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
I was recently playing Wolfenstein: The New Order with a Steam Controller. The game was frequently switching between KB+M input settings and controller input settings because the right touchpad and the gyroscope were mapped to mouse input for greater precision. The problem was that when the game was set to controller mode, it had aiming assist which was throwing off my aiming. The only way to turn off the aiming assist was to switch to the highest difficulty. Therefore I almost finished the game on the highest difficulty partially against my will. I only almost finished the game that way because I switched to a lower difficulty for the final boss because he was too difficult for me at the highest difficulty.

Top Bottom