The General Videogame Thread

+
dear ubisoft,

g*ddammit.

fix your shit Yves,
a...fan(?)

Avowed, judging by the trailer and its premise, sounds very promising :think: Other games from today’s Xbox showcase that caught my attention were The Medium...

...and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (never played the previous ones but this one still interests me).

I'm not sure about Stalker 2. It's kinda been coming for too long. How is it going to stand out from the Metro series? With all that's come out since CoP, how will it be able stand out and match the impact the first game had?

I'm kinda expecting a generic borefest shooter, because CSG has to do something really incredible with their design to make it work. And these days miracles of creativity are extreeeeeeeeemely hard to come by.

Awoved, though... No idea what kind of game it'll become. It has an interesting basis, but the history of isometric games going first person is a history systemic and mechanical decline of huge proportions (most notably seen in the Fallout series).

With all that's come out since CoP, how will it be able stand out and match the impact the first game had?

It won’t, most probably. I don’t expect this game to improve on both the formula and the particular success of its previous entries, “lightning doesn’t strike the same place twice”. But I’m still eager to see more about it, I’ve never played games like it (open world shooters with an emphasis on emergent gameplay).

Awoved, though... No idea what kind of game it'll become. It has an interesting basis, but the history of isometric games going first person is a history systemic and mechanical decline of huge proportions (most notably seen in the Fallout series).

No idea about the quality of Avowed but I wouldn’t worry about the mainline Pillars of Eternity games until Obsidian says they’re done with them. This is a spin-off, as far as I know.

The Gunk and Grounded seemed legitimately fun, and i need fun.
Avowed looks like more european gothic fantasy which at this point i'm wondering if these bigger developers have ever heard of the magical folklore in any other region/country not including China and Japan. there's a lot...just...just saying. i love DnD too but like...there's other folklore.

I've always loved Amanita Design's art direction, musical direction, and puzzle design, especially in Machinarium, and Creaks looks like their best work yet :love:

Top Bottom