The General Videogame Thread

+
Bloodborne and dark souls last one is easy to me and amusing both from same company if i recall the name its from software
Sekiro btw have 2 endings if you dont know Of not 3
I was glad to know that and as well to save my progress on a flash drive
So if i make a mistake or anything reload and from there i use this trick with other games
Post automatically merged:

DS3 and Bloodborne have multiple endings as well. Yes, all of them are made by from software.

Gampassing it on PC at the moment. $1 for a month = time to test some games out. It's okay so far. Although, I went with the hardest difficulty mode and it's kind of unforgiving. Not that I mind getting my ass kicked :).

Supreme jerk is a tough one. I'm not personally up for it yet. :D Gotta take it easy for the first run.

Turns out the game is better than I expected. Few nits to pick like the messy interfaces and... I do hate that the skillchecks are deterministic. But I'm having fun, still. The gameplay is good, combat is fun, the world feels believable and fleshed out. Plenty of content (I'm around 10 hours in and I've not even left Colorado Springs yet -- I'm not a very fast player anyway, though).

This was the last crowdfunding I'll take part in, and I'm happy for the 33€ I spent on the game back then. (y)

Supreme jerk is a tough one. I'm not personally up for it yet. :D Gotta take it easy for the first run.

It's not too bad after you hit the first HQ and can expand the group. The first fight is pretty easy because of the turret. The second fight requires a bit of planning with two characters. The third fight isn't too bad because grenades+fire barrels=fireworks :). Although, it's a lot easier with one character setup as a sniper because... snipers are apparently OP (ammo limitations notwithstanding). It would appear an optimally built sniper can one shot alot of stuff. Plus... range advantage.

Part of it may be I've never played a Wasteland game. Yes, I start games I have no familiarity with on jacked up difficulty.

Turns out the game is better than I expected. Few nits to pick like the messy interfaces and... I do hate that the skillchecks are deterministic. But I'm having fun, still. The gameplay is good, combat is fun, the world feels believable and fleshed out. Plenty of content (I'm around 10 hours in and I've not even left Colorado Springs yet -- I'm not a very fast player anyway, though).

Yes, at the start it felt a bit generic/cookie cutter. As I've progressed I'm definitely falling for the game. It's got some Outer Worlds vibes with the outlandish humor. Feels like a cross between an iso RPG and a strategy game (most older iso's played like this....).

The only parts I highly dislike are the way the camera functions and how characters seem to want to default to "shoot" when selected. I've had a few instances where I accidently shot one of my own characters or a random NPC, thereby prompting stuff to go down.

The only parts I highly dislike are ... how characters seem to want to default to "shoot" when selected. I've had a few instances where I accidently shot one of my own characters or a random NPC, thereby prompting stuff to go down.

That’s probably a bug, because I haven’t had that happen.

I did once accidentally squish one of my party members after going through a door with my melee tank and his hammer, but that was because I had accidentally pressed control one extra time after the door went down, and then tried to select another character with the random attack cursor.

About the difficulty... I heard that the enemies will tear you to pieces and take a lot of punishment to go down themselves on SJ even if the mission is tagged below your level. A certain clone fight near the beginning especially. Not sure how hard it is in the long run, but I’ll have to try it on a second playthrough.

Last edited:
I've discovered the (to me) most frustrating but fun game since QWOP (which by the way is still awesome).

It's called "Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy". Gameplay is extremely simple (swing a hammer to get over obstacles) but progressing is extremely difficult. It feels downright masochistic -- in a good way. Hilarious, yet infuriating at times. And I'm only at the very beginning (because it's so hard). :D
Popular user-defined tags on Steam include "Difficult" and "Psychological Horror". Accurate, I would say.

Edit: Oh, Foddy also made QWOP. No wonder! I guess I should have figured since the site is foddy.net.

Last edited:
I've discovered the (to me) most frustrating but fun game since QWOP (which by the way is still awesome).

It's called "Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy". Gameplay is extremely simple (swing a hammer to get over obstacles) but progressing is extremely difficult. It feels downright masochistic -- in a good way. Hilarious, yet infuriating at times. And I'm only at the very beginning (because it's so hard). :D
Popular user-defined tags on Steam include "Difficult" and "Psychological Horror". Accurate, I would say.

Edit: Oh, Foddy also made QWOP. No wonder! I guess I should have figured since the site is foddy.net.

You play some of the strangest games :). I'm not attempting to be insulting either. It's pretty cool.

You play some of the strangest games
Yes, I know. :D
My Steam library alone has a lot of variety; from Skyrim and Terraria to Viscera Cleanup Detail and miscellaneous indie titles like that Getting Over It.

The only thing all of the games I own, except for GWENT, have in common is that they're single-player. Some have optional MP but I ignore it unless it's with friends. :cool:
(And for that reason I hate achievements that require playing multiplayer.)

Okay so If I understand correctly, (I'm pretty sure I'm 100% confused... forgive me please!) this thread is about general discussion of video games. So this means that anyone can bring up any video game and just talk about it correct?
I just wanted to share with everyone this really cool hidden gem I found called Cosmoteer (CURRENTLY FREE!?!?!?)
It's a cool space ship building game, and it's going to eventually stop being free when it gets more updates.
It's also got a cool forums and modding community, and has STAR WARS MODS!!!!
Here's some gameplay if anyone is interested
(I'm hoping it eventually gets added to gog)

I have been SO THIRSTY for a game like this for a while now, and It will definitely help me last until Cyberpunk2077!
This is just, such a good thing!!!! Thank Heaven!

Oooooh, foddy Is clearly a piece of shit to have made those games. :ROFLMAO: Apparently he's also a genius (PhD in philosophy at Princeton IIRC). Check his Wikipedia page.

Foddy is honest about what he does:
1599133179702.png

:p

Okay so If I understand correctly, (I'm pretty sure I'm 100% confused... forgive me please!) this thread is about general discussion of video games. So this means that anyone can bring up any video game and just talk about it correct?
I just wanted to share with everyone this really cool hidden gem I found called Cosmoteer (CURRENTLY FREE!?!?!?)
It's a cool space ship building game, and it's going to eventually stop being free when it gets more updates.
It's also got a cool forums and modding community, and has STAR WARS MODS!!!!
Here's some gameplay if anyone is interested
(I'm hoping it eventually gets added to gog)

I have been SO THIRSTY for a game like this for a while now, and It will definitely help me last until Cyberpunk2077!
This is just, such a good thing!!!! Thank Heaven!

Try this one if you have some pennies lying around. This is one of the coolest games I've ever played. (Basically Mount and Blade in space.)

That’s probably a bug, because I haven’t had that happen.

I did once accidentally squish one of my party members after going through a door with my melee tank and his hammer, but that was because I had accidentally pressed control one extra time after the door went down, and then tried to select another character with the random attack cursor.

I'm confident it is indeed a bug. I intentionally set aside input devices to ensure a key wasn't accidentally being pressed. For some reason when exiting dialog and shifting between characters they automatically enter target mode. It was a bit problematic because I'd want to speak to a NPC and accidentally shoot them. Or I'd be switching to another character and not notice the selected character was in target mode.

About the difficulty... I heard that the enemies will tear you to pieces and take a lot of punishment to go down themselves on SJ even if the mission is tagged below your level. A certain clone fight near the beginning especially. Not sure how hard it is in the long run, but I’ll have to try it on a second playthrough.

So far the combat on SJ isn't actually too bad. Provided you preemptively plan your approach, setup characters right, etc. I have not played enough into the game to hit any tough encounters. Perhaps this has something to do with it. I restarted my game a bunch of times while working through character builds and group comps. I think I've finally settled on the desired setup.

Oddly, there appears to be another bug with custom created characters. If you build them and swap them from the group they just get deleted. I dunno, maybe it's a balancing consideration.

As an edit, I stumbled on the clone fight with characters at roughly level 5-6. It took me a bit to figure it out. The trick seemed to revolve around having the Sniper melt a clone to initiate the encounter (headshot crit off the strike ability proc almost 1 shots them).

Last edited:
Obligatory Diabotical mini-rant.

So, there's an arena FPS that has been in development for a while, and I believe it's accessible for everyone now (used to be closed beta). It is not 1.0 release yet, but so far so good, fellow gladiators and quakers, lemme tell you something juicy about the game.
  • The player models are all the same except for minor cosmetics and colors, which means equal opportunities to spot the enemy. The colors can be forced via settings as well, so it's basically like those days when you forced models and colors in Quake games, but it's all done for you now. Neat!
  • The arsenal is very typical for arena FPS: a rifle, a shotgun, grenade launcher, plasmagun, rocket launcher, lightning beam, railgun and a melee weapon. Names are different, but the idea is extremely familiar to anyone who's experienced arena FPS games. The melee doesn't kill enemies as fast, though, and it pushes them away, so you wanna damage them well first. Health and damage are slightly different, though, which occasionally pushes time-to-kill up, but it's fine. The railgun apparently deals a little more damage if you land consecutive shots/kills (not 100% true, I haven't even played for 2 hours).
  • The settings are extremely fluid and allow to mess around sufficiently. You can set up different crosshairs for zooming in, as well as different sensitivity scaling. I think you can also set up sensitivity individually per weapon. The reticle customization is extensive and allows to have up to 3 layers on your crosshair, all different colors, rotation and elements.
  • There are, I think 10 modes, including ranked with rank per-mode, meaning you're not going to be the same rank in FFA or team-based gamemode.
  • Nothing is behind a paywall except for cosmetics, which is merely a way to support the developers.
  • It takes less than 6 GB on your PC.
Game's amazing! I used to play a lot of Quake back in the day, although it was mostly E-Freeze/Freezetag, but I think that'll come later. The only subjective downside I see is Epic Games Store, which some people may be averted with, but boy is it worth it if you enjoy quick classical online FPS.

Go play it. It's not done, but it is good.

Try this one if you have some pennies lying around. This is one of the coolest games I've ever played. (Basically Mount and Blade in space.)

That kinda reminds me of this...

The soundtrack is amazing. Normally, I'm not a fan of Dark Country or Outlaw Country, but this game has me conditioned to really be into it when playing this and its sequel. :giggle:

That kinda reminds me of this...

The soundtrack is amazing. Normally, I'm not a fan of Dark Country or Outlaw Country, but this game has me conditioned to really be into it when playing this and its sequel. :giggle:
Some other notable mentions
between the stars
AI War 2
Airships Conquer the skies
mount and blade warband (I'm in pain waiting for mount and blade bannerlord to come to gog.com ahhhhhhh)
reassembly

It seems that remakes are finally looking to become actual remasters. And looking at this one gives me the feeling that the remake will have the same original sense that I had when playing Sands of Time back in the day, but with even a lot better graphics.

We're living in the era of remakes :D But if they look that cool, I'm game.

It seems that remakes are finally looking to become actual remasters. And looking at this one gives me the feeling that the remake will have the same original sense that I had when playing Sands of Time back in the day, but with even a lot better graphics.

We're living in the era of remakes :D But if they look that cool, I'm game.

This one could look better but it's in alpha so there's still work ahead for the devs. At any rate, this remake is the perfect opportunity for me to finally play it (never did back in its day, only Warrior Within).

I'm currently playing Stellar Tactics now since it was on sale on gog.com
It's in development and extremely buggy, but hopefully it will keep me busy for a while.

Top Bottom