The General Videogame Thread

+
Finished Wasteland 3. Overall it was a nice experience, if a little bit short. The story was not bad, at least not typical "fight against arch villain" or something like that. Groups in the game were too over-the-edge for me, in comparison with the original Fallouts (1 and 2). My biggest gripes are:
- Companions are... bland. They have their agenda (in theory), but it almost never comes into play. I would like to have some unique quest for them
- some of the combat-companions you can get (you can basically have some extra companions, like animals, which are computer-controlled and aid you in the combat) are so unbelievable, that the game would be better without those.
- Combat itself is very unbalanced, even more than in Wasteland 2. Sniper rifles + explosives will take care of everything. Small arms are useless. Heavy weapons are weak.
- Perks looks like they were added in a hurry.
- Vehicle upgrades, beside weapons, are pointless. You can see that this part of the game was pushed and never really thought out.
- Like in Wasteland 2, some areas are artificially locked behind equipment upgrades, which will become available only when you progress with the story

Still happy that I've backed the game and if you enjoyed Wasteland 2, Fallout 1 and 2 or Fallout: Tactics, you will like it.

That kinda reminds me of this...

The soundtrack is amazing. Normally, I'm not a fan of Dark Country or Outlaw Country, but this game has me conditioned to really be into it when playing this and its sequel. :giggle:

I love Rebel Galaxy! Never finished it.

While I would call Rebel Galaxy something like Freelancer meets Diablo meets AC Black Flag...Starsector is more like Mount and Blade. Lots of strategy, tactical control of your forces in battle, the combat itself is very nuanced, and there's a lot more breadth of gameplay.

Different beasts though. Starsector can also be viciously hard.

Finished Wasteland 3. Overall it was a nice experience, if a little bit short.

I'd give it maybe a 6-7/10 myself. The game has quite a number of irritating bugs in it. Load times are generally terrible. The UI and navigation can feel cumbersome/irritating at times. Combat seems to hinge too heavily on alpha strikes. The character design choices completely lack parity. It's arguably too easy once you figure both of these last two things out. The story is interesting. The choices/consequences are interesting. Some elements of the character progression are interesting. The outlandish humor is awesome.

It's got a lot going for it. It's got a lot of flaws too. I've enjoyed it on PC via gamepass but I'm probably not actually buying it.

Hello everybody, im new in these forums and created my account from my GoG account.

I am hoping to grab the attention of any CDPR sales team members, over an issue im having dealing with distributor (Game UK) over pre ordering the collectors edition of CP2077, i dont want to bog down the forums too much so is there a method anybody could suggest that allows me direct corrospondence with them?

Thankyou for your time.

I'd give it maybe a 6-7/10 myself. The game has quite a number of irritating bugs in it. Load times are generally terrible. The UI and navigation can feel cumbersome/irritating at times. Combat seems to hinge too heavily on alpha strikes. The character design choices completely lack parity. It's arguably too easy once you figure both of these last two things out. The story is interesting. The choices/consequences are interesting. Some elements of the character progression are interesting. The outlandish humor is awesome.

It's got a lot going for it. It's got a lot of flaws too. I've enjoyed it on PC via gamepass but I'm probably not actually buying it.

The biggest issue with character management is that you are basically punished by switching out NPC's in the middle of the game, because they will have skills which are already covered by your custom-made team members. Yes, you can create new ones in your HQ, but what for? The NPC's have (with two exceptions) no unique quests so I went with the first two ones.

WDLPCSpecs_RTX-v9_Blue-960.jpg

[Source]

A nicely formatted table showing the different system requirements of Watch Dogs: Legion according to resolution and level of settings. It’d be nice to have a similar settings breakdown for Cyberpunk 2077’s own sysreqs.

YouTube recommendations strike again -- but this one might actually be interesting.

I saw the PlayStation event yesterday and looked through some of the trailers again today (including this one). Of all the games announced there this is the one that grabbed my attention the most. I haven’t read any of the Harry Potter books yet and I’ve only seen a couple of the films so I’m not hugely into that universe but, even so, the concept of this game (picking a House and a specialization, visiting several locations in and out of Hogwarts, seeing and dealing with creatures and characters from the source material, etc.) sounds interesting enough. And it’s coming to PC :ok:

Last edited:
New video from Ahoy (really cool channel with lots of high quality documentary-style content on video games):

This one is about the evolution physical game boxes, with a focus on computer game boxes specifically. Makes a good case for why physical editions matter, but also why they're becoming less and less relevant. Either way, I recommend checking out his other videos too, if you haven't seen his stuff before.

I Just wanted to say , whatever you do on Cyberpunk, please DO NOT make us pay for DLCs or extra stuff, that just ruins the game in all levels, trust me , i have been a video game player for a long time , i have seen companies getting greedy , like EA and Battlefield V, its totally disgusting , they really messed things up, only stupid teenagers play and spend money on silly battlepacks etc.... With Cyberpunk, if you make it right for everyone from the beginning, sales will raise. Please dont make the same mistake as EA. Cyberpunk could easily be the next GTA, but 10 times better, PLEASE , dont get greedy !!

I Just wanted to say , whatever you do on Cyberpunk, please DO NOT make us pay for DLCs or extra stuff, that just ruins the game in all levels, trust me , i have been a video game player for a long time , i have seen companies getting greedy , like EA and Battlefield V, its totally disgusting , they really messed things up, only stupid teenagers play and spend money on silly battlepacks etc.... With Cyberpunk, if you make it right for everyone from the beginning, sales will raise. Please dont make the same mistake as EA. Cyberpunk could easily be the next GTA, but 10 times better, PLEASE , dont get greedy !!

I'm pretty sure CDProjekt is just going to continue their trend of being consumer friendly. Pretty sure you don't have to worry about it. Expect the only "DLC" to be expansions in the same quality as Witcher 3.

They seem to have done more progress than I expected! Still, it’s probably releasing in 10 years or so :LOL: I’d love to be wrong for the better, of course...

Just pre-purchased amnesia : rebirth. Looks like its going to be a proper horror game. Cant wait till after work tomorrow.

Also, if your into horrow games and dont know "Layers of fear 2" is free soon on epic games.

Top Bottom