The General Videogame Thread

+
I just finished my "new" ME-LE playthrough and as expected, it still an awesome trip. It's even better with Tali as LI (but it's only my opinion).
  • Total Power : 7644
  • Geths and Quarians live together in peace.
  • Krogans are no longer affected by the Genophage.
  • Krogans and Turians fight together.
  • Rachnis are "free" and peaceful.
  • In short, everything that could be saved, have been saved...
It's a such a great game, I definitly love the ending... I never tire of listening EDI at the very end.
Tell me one more story about that Shepard !
View attachment 11265880
But it's time to back to CP, it's been too long :)

Sweeet. I ordered a copy last Friday. Should arrive in time for the weekend. I'm excited.

I have still only played the first (serious life shit 'appened around then & never went back for the others). Same with Bioshock.

Hold on.... what new endings and epilogues? 0.0
The original endings to Mass Effect 3 were, shall we say, underwhelmingly delivered, even if the concept was cool. They then attempted to release DLC content to add to it, but it felt as if it were intentionally withheld from the game. Eventually, it was simply included in the purchase so that everyone got the complete, more fully fleshed-out ending.

Are you referring to that one DLC that ends with a party or something?
I never really played Mass Effect 3. I waited for reviews. I loved the first and second game. At the time I strongly believed that that type of storytelling, with decissions being carried over from game to game, is the future of the industry. And then they made Mass Effect 3 with all the EA-ness attached to it. What a wonderful disaster that was...

Are you referring to that one DLC that ends with a party or something?
I never really played Mass Effect 3. I waited for reviews. I loved the first and second game. At the time I strongly believed that that type of storytelling, with decissions being carried over from game to game, is the future of the industry. And then they made Mass Effect 3 with all the EA-ness attached to it. What a wonderful disaster that was...
As far as I'm concerned the bad ending of ME2 is the canon one for the series :shrug:

As far as I'm concerned the bad ending of ME2 is the canon one for the series
Which one is the "bad ending" in ME2 ?
The one where Shepard let Cerberus take control of the collectors base (and indeed don't blow it) ?
If yes (I never tried it), but in this case, I wonder how Cerberus (if you don't blow up the base) managed to collect "only" few pieces of the human reaper and "only" with the "heart/core" who was a little bit functional. (explained by IDE during the assault against Cerberus in all my playthroughs).

Regarding CDPR, whoever is the one(s) deciding they want to make looter mechanics, I don't care if they leave, same for whoever brag about "9 and 10 on pc" :LOL:
The writers are the ones who are fundamental in CDPR, even though I'm not a fan of how they managed cp77 story.

I'm more scared of the recent news about multiplayer coming to both cyberpunk and Witcher series to be honest.
Multiplayer corrupts. But we will see. If the next Witcher or Cyberpunk game will require internet connection, it will be the end for me.

Guest 3847602

Which one is the "bad ending" in ME2 ?
The one where Shepard let Cerberus take control of the collectors base (and indeed don't blow it) ?
Probably not. The "bad ending" to ME2 is most likely "the entire suicide squad dies, Shepard included".

Speaking of "canon endings", mine a mod that removes the Catalyst conversation from the game (it jumps from "best seats in the house scene" directly to destroy ending). Without the mods I prefer refusal.

Probably not. The "bad ending" to ME2 is most likely "the entire suicide squad dies, Shepard included".

Speaking of "canon endings", mine a mod that removes the Catalyst conversation from the game (it jumps from "best seats in the house scene" directly to destroy ending). Without the mods I prefer refusal.
Yep, it's bad... It's gonna sound silly, but I didn't even know it was possible. I just took a look on a video and yes I understand why... :D
I always go speak to each team mate after each quest, I do each team mate quest and upgrade the Normandy at max. Honestly, it will never happen for me, that's for sure
Refusal is a good but sad ending :)
I couldn't bring myself to let everyone die and hope the next cycle could "do it better"

Guest 3847602

Refusal is a good but sad ending :)
undefined
Of course, it's a full-blown tragedy. But (for me) it's the only one that stays consistent with themes of ME. And Shepard's final response to Catalyst is probably my favourite line in the entire 3rd game. What he/she said there was the essence of what Mass Effect had been until those last 20 minutes. So, yeah, it's understandably not for everyone, but it sure is the only one that makes sense to me.

Of course, it's a full-blown tragedy. But (for me) it's the only one that stays consistent with themes of ME. And Shepard's final response to Catalyst is probably my favourite line in the entire 3rd game. What he/she said there was the essence of what Mass Effect had been until those last 20 minutes. So, yeah, it's understandably not for everyone, but it sure is the only one that makes sense to me.
Honestly, I will try later, I have a save just before (or almost) :)
But I already have tears in my eyes when I see Tali hanging Shepard's plate all alone in the Normandy, so there, I will need some handkerchiefs :D

Top Bottom