The General Videogame Thread

+
The next cycle understood the information stored in time capsule, used it and won. The only thing that remains mystery is if they used Crucible or not. I prefer to think that they didn't, it makes the ending meaningful.
There is a question who come in my mind since our posts about the refusal ending.
What Shepard mean by "No, I'm going to end this war on my terms".
What "my own terms" meaning ? (the phrase neats, but it's still super vague and "weird" since the goal from the beginning is to stop/destroy them).
- Defeat the reapers ? Already possible by destroying them, stopping the cycles and "save" every organic lifes.
- Control the Reapers ? Also possible.
Or there is one option that I can see (and as you said) :
- Defeat the Reapers but without using the crucible, the citadel and the catalyst.
Maybe to not passing by the AI, maybe not destroying the Geths (stupid if they are already "destroyed") or maybe without damaging all the relay's network. All these reasons still seem to me very "thin/weak" if one thinks that all the advanced civilizations of this cycle will be destroyed.

If there is another "reason", honestly, I can see which it could be.

Last edited:
Against my better judgment, I bought Elden Ring. The reason it was against my better judgment is because I hate games that are basically about dying until you figure out the puzzle of the moves of the boss characters.

Turns out that the game is really fun. Needs a lot of balancing work, but still, it's good.

In a rather unique twist of fate I found myself picking up Destiny 2 again for a while.
Ever since they parted from Activision I hadn't played the game.
After coming across some random video about it I though of going back to finish the Forsaken campaign and then try my hand on some new content which had come out.

*Sigh* after 7 hours of 'forcibly' playing a mission to go to the Dreaming City and likewise for The Witch Queen I stopped.
And I had a concerning thought too.
Even though I got the game for free when it was still accessible in the blizzard client, I still feel cheated because the first campaigns I played back then are litterally no longer available.
Even Forsaken, which I never completed, is unavailable now.

Doing some research on it, apparently its a method Bungie is using to 'keep the game fresh' and them locking away the old campaigns is 'easier for them to patch'... only thing I can think off is, I no longer own the game I 'got' 5 years ago. Its impossible to revisit anything and the new content is again something one must pay for.
As it stands it feels like I own Destiny: Overwatch edition.
So afterwards I found myself placing back the Cyberpunk DVD in the PS4 tray and played me some actual story mission again after having cleared the entire map in my ultra-slomo-playthrough.
Felt good! My trusty redhead has herself a girlfriend now and slowly going to work on finding an answer to that damned chip. :giggle:
Ofcourse, some headcanon is warranted, but it does make life soo much better when you consider the "I'm dying" thing to be an equally slow process!

Ultimate conclusion since this weekend... While I had regarded Cyberpunk as a good and enjoyable game anyway (desite the issues we all know) Destiny was a cold lesson in something worse.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands do look fun!

It a little bit reminds me of this game Keystone (that never saw the light of the day past alpha unfortunately).
Screenshot 2022-04-20 143705.jpg

I still pretty well only play on me Xbox 360 and recently played another Polish designed game Two Worlds Two which I had played once but it was years ago so started a new game then the expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress and after that Two Worlds Two again.

I also have the Two Worlds first game and did play once and now doing a second game, really dig the 2007 design.

Guest 3847602

In the light of all the latest studio aquisitions, that $300 million pricetag sounds like a joke.
It sure does, but it also looks like Square Enix themselves really wanted to offload their non-Japanese IPs, so they weren't particularly interested in bargaining. Good news in any case. :)

I don't care much about non-CDPR games TBH, I mean, there are some good ones out there but they usually feel inferior in terms of writing

I know some people here MIGHT find this interesting:

This looks pretty neat. Then I saw Owlcat made it.

I love CRPGs, but for some reason I just could not get into either Pathfinder game. Wrath of the Righteous in particular just felt awful to me... the writing was off and the pacing of the game was pretty bad. I did not like the idea of starting the game and in no time I am some super powered character.

Also always feels like the difficulty spikes in those games just come out of nowhere and make no sense.

Might give it a try though if the reviews are good!

EDIT:

To add to this... Owlcat releases make Cyberpunk's release look smooth. And they seemingly front load all of their games with quality content - then by the end of them they start to feel rushed and empty.

Last edited:
Sweds too the rescue? :D Hopefully it will go better then VTM : bloodlines2. Jokes aside im hoping for something close too the first Deus ex but with modern elements.
This looks pretty neat. Then I saw Owlcat made it.

I love CRPGs, but for some reason I just could not get into either Pathfinder game. Wrath of the Righteous in particular just felt awful to me... the writing was off and the pacing of the game was pretty bad. I did not like the idea of starting the game and in no time I am some super powered character.

Also always feels like the difficulty spikes in those games just come out of nowhere and make no sense.

Might give it a try though if the reviews are good!

EDIT:

To add to this... Owlcat releases make Cyberpunk's release look smooth. And they seemingly front load all of their games with quality content - then by the end of them they start to feel rushed and empty.
Sad too hear this since im a huge Pathfinder lover, it has spikes and it is really hard at times. But when you manage a really hard boss fight its quite rewarding :D

I kinda like the amount of diffrent paths too the end in WOTR, going full evil is just so fun as a swarm that walks. In the end and at max level+proper built character you do kinda become OP, but it feels like it was planed since you can become a god in the game. Kingmaker kinda reignited my Crpg interest again, after pillars i was kinda worn out, saw a sale of kingmaker and the rest is history :). the story in kingmaker feels a bit more slow, has some "time sensitive" parts depending on the outcome you want. Its a less powerful main character since theres no "godpower" but i still loved it.

I get what you mean with rushed towards the end, both games kinda becomes a race against time so the ending acts are kinda short. The first parts also feels rushed since theres achivments and so on. Management systems on the other hand can be really slow and sometimes painfull.

Havent noticed wrecked launches so far, seen some odd stuff and hade a crash or two but been pretty stable for me (no bugged quests, hade one enemy become immortal but a reload solved it). Might have been lucky tho since i did not buy the games at launch...

I know some people here MIGHT find this interesting:

If they use the Rogue Trader (W40K RPG is d10 system not d20) ruleset i don't think it will "satisfy" the (computer)Pathfinder fans, D&D 3.75 (Pathfinder) is very peculiar case of ruleset. I don't know if they just license the setting and use Pathfinder ruleset or come up with their own how it will turn out. And Rogue Trader should in theory be more story than combat.

Top Bottom