The General Videogame Thread

+

Re-Logic certainly cannot be accused of abandoning the game; Terraria is over 11 years old by now and still gets updates.
Hmm wasent the last patch the last patch and it was finished? im not complaining but i think they said they were done with it..
Yep, the 1.4.0.1 named Journey's End was supposed to be the very last update. Then there were few more (1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3, 1.4.4,...).
That's great, I hope they'll continue (as Minecraft will do) :giggle:

Ok, High On Life (From the mind of Justin Roiland - Rick and Morty, Solar Opposites) remember me a little "Oddworld : Stranger's Wrath" (with its alive ammos). It was pretty fun at time :D
Without TW3 next gen release, I guess that I would certainly jump on it day one...

Can someone recommend me a game that's like Cyberpunk, but isn't Cyberpunk? As someone who hates were the story went and the endings, but love the world... Yeah I know it's a tall order since CP2077 is the most realized world of that kind out there.

I have already played Gamedec (good game, but not at all the same really since it's basically a point and click adventure), loved, and played, the Shadowrun games (also not the same really since they isometric party based RPGs) and of course the Fallout games (I just passed 1890 hours in Fallout 4).

Can someone recommend me a game that's like Cyberpunk, but isn't Cyberpunk?
That's a tough one, though for first-person RPGs I'd recommend Deus Ex series, Prey (2017), System Shock 2. Also a System Shock remake on the way.
Prey isn't Cyberpunk, but is a really detailed first-person game with superb atmosphere (a spiritual successor to the original System Shocks).

Other Cyberpunk genre games I loved include Huntdown (2D run & gun), Dex (2D RPG) and Virtuaverse (adventure/point & click)

That's a tough one, though for first-person RPGs I'd recommend Deus Ex series, Prey (2017), System Shock 2. Also a System Shock remake on the way.
Prey isn't Cyberpunk, but is a really detailed first-person game with superb atmosphere (a spiritual successor to the original System Shocks).

Other Cyberpunk genre games I loved include Huntdown (2D run & gun), Dex (2D RPG) and Virtuaverse (adventure/point & click)
I mean I know, I wasn't fully serious; never played the old Deus Ex but disliked the new one to the point of quitting it mid game. I am fully aware that the probable answer to my question is "Cyberpunk, but just live with the things you don't like". ;)

I love everything about this game except the story. Which makes a bad combo when it's a story based game... but yes I am fully aware that there is no game with this atmosphere on the market except this one.

In other news I truly recommend Marble World. You know, to switch genres completely.
1622013796.jpg

Marble World on Steam (steampowered.com)

Can someone recommend me a game that's like Cyberpunk, but isn't Cyberpunk? As someone who hates were the story went and the endings, but love the world... Yeah I know it's a tall order since CP2077 is the most realized world of that kind out there.

I have already played Gamedec (good game, but not at all the same really since it's basically a point and click adventure), loved, and played, the Shadowrun games (also not the same really since they isometric party based RPGs) and of course the Fallout games (I just passed 1890 hours in Fallout 4).
Well @AlienSpaceBats recommendations are the ones that come to mind. If what you want is urban atmosphere, but not necesarily Cyberpunk-since you mention Fallout 4- I think Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines might fit the bill... the atmosphere is great, in some aspects I think is even better than CP2077 in the way that conveys the vibes.
But since you mentioned you didn't like new Deus Ex and you put that many hours in Fallout 4 just for the record : the game is hub based and the way you decide the ending is very simllar to CP2077.

Well @AlienSpaceBats recommendations are the ones that come to mind. If what you want is urban atmosphere, but not necesarily Cyberpunk-since you mention Fallout 4- I think Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines might fit the bill... the atmosphere is great, in some aspects I think is even better than CP2077 in the way that conveys the vibes.
But since you mentioned you didn't like new Deus Ex and you put that many hours in Fallout 4 just for the record : the game is hub based and the way you decide the ending is very simllar to CP2077.
Deus Ex... I quit because I was so frustrated that you couldn't do the one logical thing in the story, since it was a prequel and therefore you couldn't actually just kill the traitor. Basically, just like with this game, the story frustrated the heck out of me.

Deus Ex... I quit because I was so frustrated that you couldn't do the one logical thing in the story, since it was a prequel and therefore you couldn't actually just kill the traitor. Basically, just like with this game, the story frustrated the heck out of me.
Well, I would say that this is by-product of stories in videogames and trying to provide choice and consequence of some degree: either you do a completely linear story that you might like or dislike but will not frustrate you for the choices (Shadowrun games are this type of games at the end) or you should live with the limited set of options that the developers came out that might not make a lot of sense or might not cover all the options 1 million different players can think about or that they need to be restricted because they collide with the overall series.

I didn't do a ton of gaming because 2022 didn't have much in it I was excited for outside of God of War: Ragnarok. Never liked Souls games and gave Elden Ring a try... and still don't like Souls games.

But late 2022-2023-2024? Woah.

December 2022:
Witcher 3 Next Gen - Must Play

January 2023:
Dead Space - Waiting on reviews

February 2023:
Hogwarts Legacy - Must Play

March 2023:
Last of Us Part 1 (PC) - Will buy, play as time permits since I never played it and heard it is a masterpiece
Resident Evil 4 Remake - Must Play

June 2023:
Diablo 4 - Waiting on reviews, might buy discounted later on
Final Fantasy XVI - Waiting on reviews

August 2023:
Baldur's Gate 3 - Top 3 Most Anticipated, will play multiple times if good

Holiday 2023:
Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Part 2 - Waiting on reviews

Unannounced, expected 2023 or 2024:
Starfield - Top 3 Most Anticipated, will play multiple times if good
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty - Top 3 Most Anticipated, will play multiple times if good
Hades 2 - Thought the first one got robbed for GOTY, Must Play
Avowed - Must Play
inXile AAA RPG - Must Play
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - Waiting on reviews
VTM: Bloodlines 2 - Waiting on reviews
Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader - Waiting on reviews
Armored Core VI - Waiting on reviews
Rebel Wolves Unannounced AAA RPG - Likely Must Play

I could see myself playing all of those games, some of them will heavily depend on critical reception. But there will be a lot of gaming to be done. Thinking of making a big purchase and getting the Alienware quantum dot monitor as well as a new PC to run all of this crap on it. :)

VTM: Bloodlines 2 - Waiting on reviews
Is this confirmed though?... I still hope that the new studio also ends in a dumpsterfire and they give the license to Obsidian and they hire back Brian Mitsoda + Jason Anderson from inXile moves horizontally inside Microsoft.

Is this confirmed though?... I still hope that the new studio also ends in a dumpsterfire and they give the license to Obsidian and they hire back Brian Mitsoda + Jason Anderson from inXile moves horizontally inside Microsoft.

The rumors I have heard are that Harebrain (spelling?) Studios is making it. They made the Shadow Run games, which were apparently really good CRPGs. So I guess we'll see how it turns out.

I am interested in the IP - but I need to see it review reasonably well before I buy it though... if it even ends up coming out.

The rumors I have heard are that Harebrain (spelling?) Studios is making it. They made the Shadow Run games, which were apparently really good CRPGs. So I guess we'll see how it turns out.

I am interested in the IP - but I need to see it review reasonably well before I buy it though... if it even ends up coming out.
The Shadowrun games are the best Cyberpunk games I have ever played. Of course purists of the genre refuse to admit they're cyberpunk "because elves".

Harebrained ? Weird, I think they only did isometric party based games before-Shadowruns, Battletech- not sure how it would go.
Postposting: I see they did some 3D based also.

Looking forward to a game which will be released as early access on Steam soon, which seem pretty cool :)
I hope it will also be available on xbox on day, like Valheim (apparentl, it's planned but no date yet).
Above Snakes

New Armored Core coming soon, and it's getting a lot of hype because From Software but I'm looking forward to a little game called Synduality a bit more. I hope mech games make a comeback, there was very few last gen.

Front Mission 2 is also getting a remake, can't wait for 3. I loved that on PS1/PSP.

Top Bottom