The General Videogame Thread

+
I am still hoping they will remake WC1 2 and 3 on the SC2 engine.
I don't know. WC1 and 2 would need a lot of work, both on gameplay and especially on narrative and presentation to warrant a remake. Not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Is there some statistic about WarCraft vs StarCraft preference? I'm curious which RTS is more popular.
Probably StarCraft. Not only because it's more recent, but also because it's vastly more popular in South Korea and has a lot more attention in eSports.

It was established years ago, that WoW is non-canon. So that's a non-issue, luckily.

The trouble with re-making WC1 and WC2 is that narrative back then was hardly more than short flavor texts (at least from my rather short experience with the first couple of missions in WC2 it seems that way). I don't know how fleshed out the story is in additional novels and the like, but I imagine that bringing it up to speed with the narrative and presentation quality of WC3 or SC2 would take some serious effort. The gameplay needs to be re-worked - much of it is not up to current RTS standards: mission design, unit variety, pace, etc etc. I doubt that it's much less work than creating a completely new title. And I think a WC4 would be better received. At first I was a bit undecided whether there's more people who'll say "Hey, I'm playing WoW and I always wanted to know how this whole thing started" or if there are more who are like "Meh, I already played that or heard most of the story.", but I don't think the majority of WoW players care all that much about the story but about the game itself.

Plus, I think the last thing Blizzard needs after getting so much flak for SC2 and D3 not being innovative, is to remake their old games.

It was established years ago, that WoW is non-canon. So that's a non-issue, luckily.

The trouble with re-making WC1 and WC2 is that narrative back then was hardly more than short flavor texts (at least from my rather short experience with the first couple of missions in WC2 it seems that way). I don't know how fleshed out the story is in additional novels and the like, but I imagine that bringing it up to speed with the narrative and presentation quality of WC3 or SC2 would take some serious effort. The gameplay needs to be re-worked - much of it is not up to current RTS standards: mission design, unit variety, pace, etc etc. I doubt that it's much less work than creating a completely new title. And I think a WC4 would be better received. At first I was a bit undecided whether there's more people who'll say "Hey, I'm playing WoW and I always wanted to know how this whole thing started" or if there are more who are like "Meh, I already played that or heard most of the story.", but I don't think the majority of WoW players care all that much about the story but about the game itself.

Plus, I think the last thing Blizzard needs after getting so much flak for SC2 and D3 not being innovative, is to remake their old games.

WoW IS canon.

And it remaking doesn't have to mean making it exactly like WC1, they could use the novelizations, add side characters that would make sense in the time frame add stuff that already exists in the lore but not in the game (Rise of the Horde, War of the Spider, Creation of the Horde etc)

There's plenty of reasons to remake the games.

Starcraft 2 didn't need to be original in the first place. In fact, it is one of the best sequels of any game because of how true everything is to the original. The single player campaigns have emergent gameplay too like the parts in between missions, which I really enjoyed.

Diablo 3 was in a VERY sorry state when it came out but Blizz made a really fun game with RoS.

Blizzard has said that if they were to make a Warcraft IV, and don't assume that they will not after they are done with SC2, that they would ignore WoW events.

Blizzard has said that if they were to make a Warcraft IV, and don't assume that they will not after they are done with SC2, that they would ignore WoW events.

That's what I thought I read a couple of years ago. But Google now tells me that WoW is canonical. I really wonder how they'll explain that a band of twenty people no one ever even heard of slaughtered every single villain. Or maybe they just skip ahead a few decades or centuries and don't bother with the exact details of history.

That's what I thought I read a couple of years ago. But Google now tells me that WoW is canonical. I really wonder how they'll explain that a band of twenty people no one ever even heard of slaughtered every single villain. Or maybe they just skip ahead a few decades or centuries and don't bother with the exact details of history.

They are not "nobodies", especially if you read the quest text. They are certainly not on the level or Jaina, Uther or Arthas but adventurers are pretty damn important in the lore.

So for the one or two fellow Destiny players, the loot cave is gone and legendary engrams will only be turned into legendary items now.

I guarantee that most of the complaints about drop rates come from people who never played Borderlands 2.

So for the one or two fellow Destiny players, the loot cave is gone and legendary engrams will only be turned into legendary items now.

I guarantee that most of the complaints about drop rates come from people who never played Borderlands 2.

I haven't played Destiny for myself, let me say that first. So I'm not trying to prove a point or whatever.

But, it's worth pointing out I think, that Joe from The Angry Joe Show has played Borderlands 2, as well as Destiny. And... well, you can see what he has to say about drop rates yourself:

Watched until his three points(not a fan of Seven Dollar Joe). His first to points, very valid.

The loot drop rate is still nowhere near as bad, I've gotten legendary drops that turned into legendary items, maybe about five. That and an exotic(top tier) gun for a reward playing PvP. And at least Bungie is going to fix the legendary engrams where as Randy Dumbass of Gearbox says, "Rare is rare."

Rare is not fucking grinding the same boss over five hundred times!

You need to teach me your way of wasting money Bungie... and you can take TS as an consultant.

Last edited:
I was honestly kinda rooting for it, looking out to see how it turned out and hoping it would. Because I was a Bungie fan. I kinda knew it wouldn't turn out well because it seemed too ambitious. Turns out, it was true.

I'm more interested in where they get the money they waste!

Probably from Halo. It's one of, if not the most successful gaming series out there.

Last edited:
I was honestly rooting for it, because I was a Bungie fan. I kinda knew it wouldn't turn out well because it seemed too ambitious. Turns out, it was true.

Probably from Halo. It's one of, if not the most successful gaming series out there.

Yeah I'm more than aware of Halo, but you'd think that they would have used all that money up by now.

Top Bottom