The General Videogame Thread

+
Today i finished Wasteland 2. It was a fun experience overall, yet not an instant classic with all-time greatness like Fallout 1 or 2. Going for second round nevertheless. :)

I have a few Paradox games in my library, but I've been scared off of them due to how complex they are. I guess I'm just not smart enough! :(

I have a few Paradox games in my library, but I've been scared off of them due to how complex they are. I guess I'm just not smart enough! :(

You just have to be willing to learn is all. The main thing it requires is the ability to plan and think ahead.

You just have to be willing to learn is all. The main thing it requires is the ability to plan and think ahead.

It's the UI that really gets me: There's just too much stuff on-screen! It's confusing, not to mention that a couple of the tutorials in Crusader Kings II are bugged!

You don't need the tutorials. Just play around with it until you figure it out.

Don't deprive yourself of a great game. I also grant you permission to pm me if you should need help :)

Csàszàr is right, @AL890. Just play around with the game and you´ll get the hang of it soon enough.
When I started playing it, I got a lot of help from the community at Paradox´s forums, so you can also try there if the help we can provide here is not enough.

Well, well, well, look who's been revealed as a major villain in Mortal Kombat X. It shouldn't be all that surprising!

[video=youtube;czVS-hW8WC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czVS-hW8WC0&list=UUKmLw-0rYN0prXDFITjN4og&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.c om%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DczVS-hW8WC0%26list%3DUUKmLw-0rYN0prXDFITjN4og&has_verified=1[/video]

Awesome. Mortal Kombat never fails to satisfy my lust for carnage.

Looks like Steam are a bit late to the party!

View attachment 6408

Whilst I have a certain soft spot for TRON, I think I'll wait and see how this goes (I'm not expecting great things).

Attachments

• steam newre.jpg
    steam newre.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 43

So Zomboid is on sale for real cheap http://store.steampowered.com/app/108600 refer to the video above to see some gameplay.

I've been having fun just building my base,collecting important tools and farming. The cool thing is once you get bit by a zombie it's fucking over and you're dead unlike other zombie games. It gets a boring though after you've build your base and have everything you need to turn the game into a farming simulator but in future updates they'll include NPCs you can take into your group and they fight with each other, some NPCs won't be so nice also cars haven't been included yet. They say they won't have a discount for a while so you might want to buy it now.

My goal in the game was to find a place where I could sustain a whole bunch of NPC's and be leader of my own little enclave, after a long time of playing me and my gf finally found a really good location for a base.We considered living on a farm but it's too far away from the city where we can loot stuff. We finally found the perfect base here http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6565168191338234,0.16953206472399304,158.993694 40678157 basically it's like an industrial cove. The buildings are really close to each other and the whole place has only one vulnerable spot so we didn't have to build so many walls. The parking lot would be where we'd put the farm. You could get soil put it in a sack and transfer it somewhere else. We planted some veg just to see the plants and try out the cooking system but Pam forgot to turn off the stove and a fire broke out and consumed an entire building; luckily we have a save file before that all happened.

The worst part about Destiny is that people bought it and will likely keep buying it and supporting this whole DLC bullshit scam.

Gamers are like lemmings sometimes. Get a hold of yourselves and stop supporting this shit. This goes for all the big names in gaming: EA, Bethesda, Activision, etc. Corporate interests above quality games.

The worst part about Destiny is that people bought it and will likely keep buying it and supporting this whole DLC bullshit scam.

Gamers are like lemmings sometimes. Get a hold of yourselves and stop supporting this shit. This goes for all the big names in gaming: EA, Bethesda, Activision, etc. Corporate interests above quality games.

Well, I'm actually a fan of Bethesda, and don't see them as someone I shouldn't support. Their DLC is quality, and they put a lot of work into it. The worst they've done was horse armor, which was a clear cash grab that people got pissed over, and they haven't tried that one again. Some might dislike hearthfire, but it added a lot for just five bucks, especially if you're a roleplayer like me. Just making one house and moving your family there puts in a good twenty hours if you choose to buy all the materials, craft and furnish the place yourself.

And there's three total out in the beautiful wilds of Skyrim, with different weather, environments and scenery. Along with some other really neat features. Besides horse armor, they've got the best DLC on the market. Because theirs actually add to the game, and isn't just something you buy, play, then you're done with it. I have no problem with DLC when it's not day one dlc, on the disc, or used as an excuse to sell you a bare bones game.

Developers can't always, and actually never get all of their ideas for a game out in time and end up having to cut a lot of content due to time constraints. DLC allows them to still get those things out, and I'm okay with paying for them when they're good. And just to give you an idea of how good Skyrim's fans thought Bethesda's dlc was, we were all heart broken and completely pissed when they announced they wouldn't make another dlc for Skyrim, because they said they would for at least another year.

But they cut that short to work on something else. Probably Fallout 4. We had tons of threads because so many people were voicing how upset they were. Even really big fans, bigger and more supportive than me said they felt "betrayed" because of the bullshit PR weaseling they did to deny what they promised. There was hundreds of members on at once, and almost three times as many guests reading those threads. Their site already got lots of traffic, but they got even more back then.

TESO was a cash grab, but that wasn't by Bethesda.

As for Destiny, I already knew that game wasn't going to turn out well, though I hoped it would. Still, didn't bother wasting my money on it.

Last edited:
My firstborn and steward died of pneumonia, there are no girls of suitable birth for my (new) heir (who is a complete idiot in all aspects but "Learning") to marry, I got one of my courtiers pregnant which is just trouble waiting to happen, my brother hates my guts for inheriting our father's county and no progress I would know of has been made in terms of acquiring new lands. But Dublin gets higher city walls and my new marshal with hardly any troops at his disposal is a military ace, so that's a plus.

I think I'm totally getting the hang of CK2. :huh:

Joe makes Shadows of Mordor seem pretty fun, at least for one playthrough:

[video=youtube;rmfNQp3f-FI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmfNQp3f-FI&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ[/video]

I've seen people's complaints about the game, but at the very least, this is pretty awesome.

I just bought Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition. We'll see if it really is definitive later on when it's actually released. By the way, I got it for 50% off! :)

I just bought Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition. We'll see if it really is definitive later on when it's actually released. By the way, I got it for 50% off! :)

What you mean to say is they gave you 50% off the retail, right? Like put money in your pocket.

Seriously though I hope you can get much more joy out of it than I could.

Every time I see "dogs" in vidya my first thought is the steaming pile of shit, Watch Dogs.

Have fun, pretty fun game.

Top Bottom