The General Videogame Thread

+
@slimgrin: You, sir, have good taste! Star Citizen is the only other Kickstarter project I've backed besides Sui Generis. Both promise innovation and new types of gameplay not found in other games; both are pushing the boundaries and current limits of gaming forward instead of just rehashing the same old tried-and-true methods which most games use. It's refreshing to see developers that actually have the dedication, creativity and gigantic enough balls to attempt something new.

Nothing wrong with Japanese gaming. I like Capcom classics, specially the old Arcade machines. Also the Japanese really perfected the highly specific 2D sidescrolling action-adventure platfomers, like some of the excellent 2D Castlevanias. And there's of course Nintendo, who is known for making truly entertaining local multiplayer games.

Specifically J-RPG's, well, yeah. They're kind of lame.

Dark Souls, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem, some truly excellent examples of suburb Japanese games which are among my favourite :D

So what's the general consensus on Stardock's strategy games? Which ones would be considered the best, Galactic Civilizations or Sins of a Solar Empire?

Last edited:
"A good respite from the horrors of real life." :) I can confirm it. :) Nothing on a screen can scare me anymore, but The Evil Within is quite entertaining.

Don't know where else to put this but a little headsup: Payday: The Heist (the first Payday game) is free on steam right now for a day.

I am troubled. GOG has BGEE and BG2EE 50% off each. I was never too interested in them since they are basically pre-modded BG's (which I already own in CD and Digital at GOG). But they do look kinda nice. I especially like the prospect of playing in full blown large resolution (normal nowadays) without squinting.

They say most bugs have been fixed and so on. Is it worth paying for these games, that I already own twice and have played numerous times? Why am I so drawn to them?

Has anyone played the EE's?

Haven't played them, but I heard that they introduce more bugs and issues than they fix and their overall reputation tends to be on the negative side.

Definitely do some more research and don't base your decision on my words alone, but be wary.

Playing Europa IV as Austria, again.

Inherited Bohemia, Hungary/Croatia, and Burgundy in personal unions. Holy shit.

Me and Castile are best friends, with Poland as my second.

Poland forms the Commonwealth and Castile gets Aragon and Naples through Iberian Wedding event.

Some time goes by and France is out for my Burgundian possessions.

Ask Spain for help and they come to my aid. Scotland and England are also coming to help. Wtf? They hate me.

Spain has Scotland and England also in personal union.

Oh my gods I'm so scared of my super fat best friend.

But if their King dies with no heir...

Well, historically speaking, who wouldn't join a nice trip to France? No need to be best friends for that.

Oh I'm not worried about France anymore. I'm more concerned about Naples conquering northern Italy and Spanish England wanting my Dutch possessions. I'll probably create a vassal in the form of the Dutch Republic, feed it and then release it. Little Portugal better watch out, this is the most ambitious and lucky Spain I've ever seen.

It'd be funny as hell if Spain tries to integrate England right here in the middle of the Reformation.

Top Bottom