The General Videogame Thread

+
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was another failure.

Better then ghosts, but still what the fuck. Can only Treyarch make CoD games that are compelling to play because of their story? Raul Menendez was one of the best antagonists in video gaming history. Irons is a joke.

Spacey does have a good performance but the story is idiotic.

I totally don't get the hate behind this sequence. Played this bit yesterday and it came off natural and made sense, given the context of the situation. But I don't mind QTEs and actually enjoy them.

I totally don't get the hate behind this sequence. Played this bit yesterday and it came off natural and made sense, given the context of the situation. But I don't mind QTEs and actually enjoy them.

Marcin, have you been drinking again? :scold: Tsk, tsk ,tsk...

Last edited:
You do realise he was being sarcastic right? :D

Was not talking about TB.

I haven't played the game yet but at first I thought what he said was half true. Since COD is a propaganda tool I wouldn't be surprised if COD tried to manipulate you like that though.

Last edited:
I think some QTEs can be done well. I hate them when they replace a final boss fight (40K space marine) or randomly appear during a cut scene and make you die if you aren't fast enough (Bayonetta).

Last edited:
Even if its gameplay is fairly simplistic (originally for touch devices,) this game looks and, more importantly, sounds pretty cool:

From what I see no one plays Call of Duty Multiplayer here. I played new Advanced warfare for few hours (Not single player)

It was fun at start but then It became really chaotic and stupid. Just like Ghosts.. its too random and map design is... not even worth talking about.

From what I see no one plays Call of Duty Multiplayer here. I played new Advanced warfare for few hours (Not single player)

It was fun at start but then It became really chaotic and stupid. Just like Ghosts.. its too random and map design is... not even worth talking about.
I've been playing the single player. Honestly, the game looks really good visually. It has a lot of small touches like fruit in markets being 3D instead of some 2D pile and small objects having physics attached to them and stuff.

I have some issues though. Black ops 2 introduced single player loadouts and they still have not used them again. Black ops 2 had a lot of plot choices you could make and this game has none. You can't even choose which exo-skeleton you want before a mission. I know this is a new dev and all but still. It seems like Treyarch care more about single player than MP and try to add stuff more than the other teams.

Also, holy shit. The CGI cut scenes are weird. Like, they look good technically but at the same time it's so uncanny valley at times.

And no FOV change in single player. This really bothers me. It's so claustrophobic

Last edited:
Was not talking about TB.

I haven't played the game yet but at first I thought what he said was half true. Since COD is a propaganda tool I wouldn't be surprised if COD tried to manipulate you like that though.

it's not propaganda because it lacks a coherent message. it's just a game that takes itself too seriously. i'm pretty sure the "pay respect" moment was meant to be somber, poignant and "cinematic", but it just ended up being stupid, like all the other things in call of duty. shooting up airports and things of that nature.

Top Bottom