The General Videogame Thread

+
Just started playing The Evil Within 20 minutes ago and it's already all like:

I'm just going to be late to the party and say that I've finally got around to playing Metal Gear Rising and it looks like I'm going to love it!

View attachment 8729

View attachment 8730

I haven't had a boss fight like that for a long time! :)

---------- Updated at 11:21 PM ----------

Just out of interest, what's the general consensus on Elite: Dangerous? Is it worth getting or ignoring until everything is finished?

Attachments

• 2014-12-21_00026.jpg
    2014-12-21_00026.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 2014-12-21_00025.jpg
    2014-12-21_00025.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 35
ignore like a redheaded stepchild. always on drm. boring ship designs which are neither functional and realistic looking nor imaginative and unique. literally one of their ships is just a trapezoid.

Has anyone experienced issues playing Age of Wonders 3?

I installed it tonight and played for a while but had some serious issues. I normally monitor my temperatures and in all games I don't go over 65º C for the GPU or 45º C for the CPU. Same thing for this game (60º GPU, < 40º CPU). However, my computer will constantly shutdown on me while playing it.

I am pretty sure this is not a heat issue, like some people reported. I am afraid it could be my PSU but this doesn't happen in other games, and constantly in this one. I already had v-sync on and I checked the option to "wait for GPU" which is supposed to minimize heating at the cost of FPS (not an issue) and I was able to play for an hour or more before the unexpected shutdown.

Ideas? Is my PSU dying? I've also been playing Wasteland 2 and this doesn't happen. Is this simply a really, really nasty bug?

Ow my ears! Terrible voice acting!

This one on the other hand, I like the look of!

Looks like they brought back elements of FFVIIs art style which was always the best in my opinion. :)

Finally finished Ultima V: Lazarus, probably the best way to play the game now, I have a few reservations with the Dungeon Siege engine, and the original still enchants me but I recognise that this mod is far more approachable. Warriors of Destiny done, on to the False Prophet. I have to say the Dungeon Siege engine is remarkably flexible, pity the original Dungeon Siege game was pants.

So @Csàszàr and I tried to play a game of Europa Universalis IV together with a couple of random players, and I rapidly got my arse handed to me by the AI! Obviously not a game for me, but I was grateful he invited me though, even if I was a complete dunce! :wallbash:

It probably doesn't help that my interest in gaming is flagging again. If there was something else to do around where I live...

Last edited:
So @Csàszàr and I tried to play a game of Europa Universalis IV together with a couple of random players, and I rapidly got my arse handed to me by the AI! Obviously not a game for me, but I was grateful he invited me though, even if I was a complete dunce! :wallbash:

It probably doesn't help that my interest in gaming is flagging again. If there was something else to do around where I live...

Look on the other brightside. The more experienced player(me) both forgot to invite you to the war for your rightful Croatian lands and did so without a casus belli.

That was fucking embarrassing on my part.

That's odd seeing as the game has perfectly functioning animations for your character do all those things Crysis MP.

Guess they didn't bother them in SP. Seeing as it's FPS.

Top Bottom