The General Videogame Thread

+
I saw Diablo II in GAME today for £10. What do you guys think, get it or not?

Get Reaper of Souls too when it's cheaper. It improved the base game so much that it feels like a different game. They are also adding free content now and then besides expansions.

Quantum Break has been delayed to 2016. This is the 3rd high profile game delayed to next year, right? Uncharted 4, Kingdom come and this. My bet is that Tomb Raider is next.

@EliHarel You can add Zelda Wii U to that list. This year is looking like it might end up another 2014. At least The Witcher 3, Halo V, Arkham Knight, and Metal Gear Solid V have confirmed release dates (or at least release months.)

And I second EskiMoe's opinion that Tomb Raider will still release this year.

Last edited:
Nintendo is letting fans VOTE on the next character to be added to Super Smash Bros 4 as free DLC. The only condition is that it has to be a video-game character. It does not have to be from a Nintendo IP. You don't have to own the game to vote.

Even if you're not a fan of the series do the world a favor and vote anyways. If nothing else, vote for Solid Snake since he was in Smash 3 and got taken out of Smash 4.

You can vote here: https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

EDIT: Forgot to mention, voting ends in October.

Last edited:
While Pillars of Eternity patch still didn't show up on GOG, I installed Star Wolves in Wine. Graphics there are quite nice. And gameplay resembles Pillars by the way (similar pause mechanic for real time combat). So I'd characterize it as a combination of Freelancer with Baldur's Gate :)

Attachments

• 11083772_1563434077241421_6225846690532506504_o.jpg
    11083772_1563434077241421_6225846690532506504_o.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 44
Deus Ex Mankind Divided announcement just got leaked, I can't stop grinning (Deus ex 1 and Human Revolution are my favourite games of all time)

In other news, pictures of GTA V's graphics options have been released:

Mmmm....Graphics menu...... :lol:

---------- Updated at 07:58 PM ----------

Oh and here's TotalBiscuit playing the alpha build of Killing Floor 2 with the devs. What do you guys think? I quite like the look of it.

PC gamer said about GTA V

I was shown the game in 4K resolution running at 60fps. The PC Rockstar was demoing it on is outside the price range of most consumers, with an i7 5930k@3.50GHz, SLI GTX 980, 32GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD, but that’s just to show off how pretty it can look. Rockstar says that even average rigs won’t have a problem getting great 1080p performance out of the game, which is encouraging. Scalability is a priority for them.

And PCgamesn said

"And after playing it on a truly monstrous PC – an i7 with 16 Gb RAM running dual GeForce 980s, driving a 4K monitor at 60 frames-per-second, I think they’ve got a point. "

“We wanted people with older or less powerful hardware to still be able to play V, rather than requiring the latest greatest hardware,” a team of senior staff from Rockstar North told us - director of technology Phil Hooker, director of engineering Klaas Schilstra and technical director Adam Fowler.

Machines at minimum spec are expected to handle GTA V at 800x600 and 20 to 30 frames-per-second - while recommended spec systems should manage 1080p and meet 60fps on medium settings.

Taking advantage of the 4K support will be a different matter: you’ll need an AMD HD 7870 or NVidia GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM, at least, to reach 30fps - and a high-end SLI or Crossfire setup to top 60fps.

Oh and here's TotalBiscuit playing the alpha build of Killing Floor 2 with the devs. What do you guys think? I quite like the look of it.
Very much looking forward to KF2. Been playing the first one a lot these past few weeks, really solid game. This sequel seems to take everything to a higher level. The new boss looks awesome! This will be my first Early Acces purchase. It's a shame we're gonna have to wait for the final version till probably end this year, but at least now you get to play it earlier. Think I'll start out with the Support perk, shotguns looks damn satisfying to use.

Top Bottom