The General Videogame Thread

+
I also realized that it's tough finding a Let's Player I enjoy so the slightly lower graphics aren't the deciding factor after all (though I would appreciate it if Odd took the time to study the environments more just to let them sink in). I'm around 3 and a half hours in and it's a fun TV series. The Feels are strong in this one.

Just wait. I would say it's probably the most emotional game story I've ever experienced by the end.

Hosted by Sean 'Day[9]' Plott.
Holy f!@#ing shit! Day[9] is hosting? Well now I'm interested, LOL.

Looks like their list of participating developers is pretty good... Bohemia, Blizzard, Paradox. I wonder what Square Enix will have there though? I can't think of any PC game they're known for.

Most likely something regarding FFXIV: Heavensward, although i struggle to imagine what exactly, since the game's been pretty laid bare in front of all since PAX (mind you i already pre-ordered it :p)

derp totally forgot aboot the new Deus Ex

Last edited:
Holy f!@#ing shit! Day[9] is hosting? Well now I'm interested, LOL.

Looks like their list of participating developers is pretty good... Bohemia, Blizzard, Paradox. I wonder what Square Enix will have there though? I can't think of any PC game they're known for.

Well, no PC exclusives but many great multiplats with very good PC ports, e.g. Hitman series, Deus Ex series, Tomb Raider series, Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause series, Life is Strange and the latest Thief. Maybe they have something exclusively for PC this time?! But I don't mind multiplat if the PC version is taken good care of. I guess they will present Just Cause 3 for PC...

Last edited:
Which of the main Assassin's Creed do you like?

Wondering if I should buy me one of the games.
But there are so many of them;

• Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
  • Assassin's Creed Unity

Wondering if I should buy me one of the games.
But there are so many of them;

• Assassin's Creed
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
  • Assassin's Creed Unity

Play them in the order above. Begin with the first and play them one after another... ;)

I looked at all of them now, didn't want to spend money on so many games before The Witcher 3. So I went with the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag because pirates seem fun and I like there some freedom to roam the sea.. :)

Nice to get try a different game than Hearthstone on my first PC in over 10 years.

I am playing Endless Space, and quite enjoying my run as the Hissho. It is an interesting game, and I appreciate the fact that it doesn't try to be a clone of Galactic Civilization II. I would probably still consider the latter better to me because of the freedom it offers you (Drath Legion FTW), but Endless Space is a worthy contender with its art style and quite different setting, with very interesting and unique factions (imagine a faction of clones of a megalomaniacal narcissist, who wants to fill the galaxy with the most beautiful thing - himself).

My computer is arriving this week and my excitement is off the charts, with lots of games in my backlog.

Now I have both Metro games. Thing is, I see that the Redux versions don't seem to come with any discount if you own the vanilla versions. Which is kinda annoying. How much of a difference do they make? They cost 25$ each.

My computer is arriving this week and my excitement is off the charts, with lots of games in my backlog.

Now I have both Metro games. Thing is, I see that the Redux versions don't seem to come with any discount if you own the vanilla versions. Which is kinda annoying. How much of a difference do they make? They cost 25$ each.

They used to have an additional discount if you had the originals ,but it seems like it was just a limited time thing.

Redux version of the Last Light offers a slightly improved graphic and that's about it. On the other hand, Metro 2033 Redux have not only better visuals, but also many cool gameplay improvements from Last Light. So I would recommend buying a redux version of the first game, but you will not miss anything if you play just the basic version of Metro 2034.

Redux version of the Last Light offers a slightly improved graphic and that's about it. On the other hand, Metro 2033 Redux have not only better visuals, but also many cool gameplay improvements from Last Light. So I would recommend buying a redux version of the first game, but you will not miss anything if you play just the basic version of Metro 2034.
If that's it, I think I'll be kinda stupid to put 25$ on it. I mean, I'll experience those things anyway with LL, which I own. That money is better spent elsewhere it seems. Thanks.

[video=youtube;odVLkr6g-hI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVLkr6g-hI[/video]

Actually has lovely particle effects and fire.

Top Bottom