The General Videogame Thread

+
Lol, another amazing sounding 40K game? Sweet!

They say the game will be a "persistent sandbox action-RPG." What do you guys think that means? Normally when I hear "persistent sandbox" I think of games like Mindcraft and Day Z, but I don't see that working in an action-RPG.

Lol, another amazing sounding 40K game? Sweet!

They say the game will be a "persistent sandbox action-RPG." What do you guys think that means? Normally when I hear "persistent sandbox" I think of games like Mindcraft and Day Z, but I don't see that working in an action-RPG.

Well if it turns out to be a Diablo style game in the 40K universe, I personally will be happy.

Did anyone else notice they ripped off the cinematic style of Diablo 3? touche Game Workshop, touche.

I've heard positive things about Total Warhammer from people who saw it at E3. The new features they've talked about sound cool too. In general, a fantasy Total War is a dream come true and Warhammer is one of the ideal franchises to do it with.

Last edited:
So, War of the Vikings is on sale on Steam for the next 3 days. Anyone plans to buy it? I really loved the Alpha test back in time. It is basically a War of the Roses in viking era which I better like. I will be able to play at Thursday (or Thor's day if you will) due to work.

@AutumnalWanderer
I thought that game was dead. You don't hear anything about it.

To be honest I have no idea. It is only 6€ so I picked it up. I hope that this is not dead because this I don't really like the other medieval fighting games because of the setting. Both Chivalry and War of the Roses are very good games, but set in the later era. I am not saying that I don't like thoose, but my favourite still this.

@AutumnalWanderer
Paradox Interactive announced last October they're discontinuing support for War of the Vikings due to poor sales. You can read their official statement here. A quick look at Steam Charts tells me War of the Vikings averages 50 players during peak hours. I'd ask for a refund if I were you. :hope:

Rule of Paradox Interactive #1. Be skeptical of their spin-off games. Too many of them are buggy at launch and sell poorly.

If you still want a medieval fighting game set in the Viking age you might consider the Viking expansion for Mount & Blade. It's scheduled to have an Enhanced Edtion update sometime soon.
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, I picked it up :)
No problem :) As a member of Paradox's community I felt I should share my insider knowledge.

But I must admit, I also had selfish motives. You see... I desperately want Tale Worlds to hurry up and finish Mount & Blade 2, and any chance I get to funnel more money into their coffers is a chance I'll take ;)

"In today's 24/7 short attention-span world people don't have the patience to wait around for years," Roberts explained.

He's right. People have to be patient. I have a feeling it won't come out even in 2016. If so...so what? No one has made this kind of game before. Give it a chance. I don't want them to rush the game just because a few people can't wait for the game. I don't want the game to be released in fragments. I want it to get the proper amount of time it needs to be something truly next-gen. I think the game should get at least 5 years of development time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom