The General Videogame Thread

+
I hate it when companies whore out sequels like this, all it does is scam a ton of money out of the customers and dilute the playerbase.
Plus it's a waste of talent. Dice had so much potential but after Battlefront it's clear where their priorities are. Not to mention the shit state BF4 shipped in.

Plus it's a waste of talent. Dice had so much potential but after Battlefront it's clear where their priorities are. Not to mention the shit state BF4 shipped in.

It is true that BF4 shipped in deplorable conditions but after a few months it became a really solid game. The DLCs are great and it even got free maps.

From what I've read and watched, the big problem with the modern BFs is that Origin regularly shits itself and will cut you off at inopportune times.

??Unless you mean the general annual releases, well I googled around a bit and found no evidence to support that claim.
I couldn't find a source on it either. But if you look at their release schedule, they've been releasing annual FPS games for a while now.
  • Mar 2010 - Bad Company 2
  • Oct 2011 - Battlefield 3
  • Oct 2012 - Metal of Honor Warfighter
  • Oct 2013 - Battlefield 4
  • Mar 2015 - Battlefield Hardline (originally slated for 2014, but got delayed).
  • Nov 2015 - StarWars: Battlefront
  • 2016 - Battlefield 5.

From what I've read and watched, the big problem with the modern BFs is that Origin regularly shits itself and will cut you off at inopportune times.

Have you even used origin ? Despite getting a lot of hate from trying to take the "digital DRM" monopoly away from Steam, origin is actually quite solid. Fast download speeds, nice user interface, refundable games way before steam did it, can try out a lot of games for 48 hours for free etc. I personally didn't encounter any problems while playing battlefield 3.

Aren't 99% of Origin games from EA? Or they aim to become general purpose distributor as well? Anyway, who needs another DRMed service.

---------- Updated at 01:07 AM ----------

They're getting hate for that? From gamers? Why?

I guess from those who reject DRM. Origin is known to be even worse than Steam in this regard.

They're getting hate for that? From gamers? Why?

Because most people like steam, sometimes to a really biased level and they want their games to be at one place. That's why a lot of steam users won't buy from places like GOG, eventhough they often have much better deals than steam has.

Aren't 99% of Origin games from EA? Or they aim to become general purpose distributor as well? Anyway, who needs another DRMed service.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/...d-hunt/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition
;)

Last edited:

othersidetease.com/sss.php

Not sure if it did before but the 'Sign up for promotions + Updates' link now also includes a short survey asking whether you've played the predecessors or not, if you're an old fart, what your platform preferences are and on a scale from 1 to 10 how much interest you take in this whole VR thing.

Actually signing up is not mandatory for completing the survey, by the way.

It's getting awfully quiet around Torment. Besides the alpha character creation for high backers I've heard nothing of value.

Geez thank you. I pledged around $77 during their initial kickstarter campaign, but I do not have beta or alpha access. Guess the old youtube has to do for now.

In Wasteland 2 I only played the first major mission during beta and stopped after it. But you are right Tides of Numenera is quite a different horse.

Normally I should have beta access but from my $77 twelve bucks went for international shipping, so I only had the $65 pledge.

Hahaha, no worries :) As a crazy Planescape Torment fan I am waiting this game like no tomorrow, so I can totally understand :) That's why I was checking the updates too. I can't wait for it to come out.These last few years are being - and will continue to be, apparently - amazing for us RPG fans, which makes me so happy... After all these years...

Square-Enix is experimenting with always-online DRM on their recent PC port of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: link

Please, someone kill it with fire so that we may once again bask in a gaming landscape where mandatory internet connections for single-player games aren't a thing.

Top Bottom