The General Videogame Thread

+
Can't wait to not buy this satanic windows store exclusive.

Anyhoo, been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution since Mankind Divided is right around the corner. Forgot how damn good this game is. Having tons of fun.

The moment this baby comes out and its modding tools we all start working on Witcher 3 setting mod. Deal?:threaten:

I want to see all the northern realms through average soliders eyes and all those armies and legions between Radovid`s Redenia and Emhyr`s Nilfgaard clash in epic battles and sieges.
:radovidsmug::evil2::doubt2:

Last edited:

The moment this baby comes out and its modding tools we all start working on Witcher 3 setting mod. Deal?:threaten:

I want to see all the northern realms through average soliders eyes and all those armies and legions between Radovid`s Redenia and Emhyr`s Nilfgaard clash in epic battles and sieges.

I call dibs on a Nilfgaard. I hate Redanians. :geraltfeelgood:

King Art's crowdfunded Definitive Dwarf Simulator looks promising.
Linux + Mac versions day one as well.

Shuffled and shambled through the first couple stages of Zombie Night Terror, and it's really good so far. 'Zombie Lemmings' indeed. Weird that nobody thought of marrying these two before, it makes perfect sense and the Zombie aspect of 'spreading the plague' and in the process, killing and turning as many humans as possible (to keep the ranks up) definitely adds another fair amount of strategic depth to the basic Lemmings formula.

The game holding your hand as little as possible is another plus too. For completing the extra challenges (killing and turning all humans, for instance) in most of the levels you really have to use your noggin. Even more so, since the in-game 'Breaking News' broadcasts (which basically act as tutorials) do not necessarily tell you everything about the mechanics or the mutations you progressively unlock and acquire over the course of the game. Some details are deliberately left out, so that you have to figure them out on your own. Which isn't that hard anyway if you pay attention to what's happening on the side when using or combining this or that mechanic or mutation. In case you maneuvered yourself into a dead end you can always restart the current level at any time, and try something else.

If you can spare the 5 squid (or your regional equivalent) it's definitely worth considering to get the soundtrack as well.

Last edited:
The moment this baby comes out and its modding tools we all start working on Witcher 3 setting mod. Deal?

I agree, but set it during the first invasion, more factions that way!

It'd be cool to play as a Cintrian noble who decides to take back their homeland from the Nilfgaardian invader >:}

Need the armor of the Witcher in there too, I love the armor designs.

Sounds like a plan :cheers3:

Has there been any talk about a release date yet though ? Seems like they have been working on this for forever.

They're making a multiplayer for ME:A and are shutting down the forums? What a brilliant idea. The marketing for ME:A was already bad (+ no communication from the devs, unlike DA:I), it will be even worse.

I'm guessing there will be "interesting" things coming from Bioware in the next months, because closing the forums right before some info about ME:A are given looks like preventive damage control.

Damn shame about BSN forums, it was my first exposure to a big gaming community with all its zaniness. Batshit insane romance threads, ME3 ending drama, DA2 drama, DA:I plastic hair drama - CDPR forums just don't compare in that regard and maybe for the better.

But still... there were some great discussions to be had there. They won't be able to replicate that on reddit, tumblr or twitter [heh].

Interesting:

http://blog.bioware.com/2016/07/29/concerning-our-forums/

So basically, no dedicated forums anymore. Huge slap in the face to their fans. It's pretty obvious why they want to switch to the likes of tumblr and reddit...

Long time coming in my opinion. Also as a past user of BSN I can say that I'm surprised that it took so long, I don't know if you agree with me though.

And fact why they want less interactions with fans is known very well indeed.

But still... there were some great discussions to be had there. They won't be able to replicate that on reddit, tumblr or twitter [heh].

I don't think they even care about it at this point.

They're making a multiplayer for ME:A and are shutting down the forums? What a brilliant idea. The marketing for ME:A was already bad (+ no communication from the devs, unlike DA:I), it will be even worse.

I'm guessing there will be "interesting" things coming from Bioware in the next months, because closing the forums right before some info about ME:A are given looks like preventive damage control.

Well, what I can take out of it is that ME:A will be so bad that they don't even want to talk about it.... Let's pretend that I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom