The General Videogame Thread

+
I'm sure there will be EA/Origin access discussions and tech related area created.

Remember how some of us complained that CDPR would host contests and news to social media rather than their forums? Yeah, not happy if this is a trend because there's valid reasons not to associate with the likes of Twitter and Facebook. Most notably, their CEOs are unscrupulous douchebags. Furthermore, you don't see in depth discussion on those platforms either, which the Bioware devs are probably fine with at this point, since it's clear they don't want to deal with feedback at all. How many devs would bother to read our lengthy topics on Eredin and the ending of TW3 let alone respond on social media? Yet the lead quest designer did that with fans here. I'm not crying that the sky is falling, but I hope devs in general continue to value dedicated forums in the future.

Last edited:
Remember how some of us complained that CDPR would host contests and news to social media rather than their forums? Yeah, not happy if this is a trend because there's valid reasons not to associate with the likes of Twitter and Facebook. Most notably, their CEOs are unscrupulous douchebags. Furthermore, you don't see in depth discussion on those platforms either, which the Bioware devs are probably fine with at this point, since it's clear they don't want to deal with feedback at all. How many devs would bother to read our lengthy topics on Eredin and the ending of TW3 let alone respond on social media? Yet the lead quest designer did that with fans here. I'm not crying that the sky is falling, but I hope devs in general continue to value dedicated forums in the future.

Well, if they have to keep BSN existing just to show up once per 3 months and told everybody that they still don't need our feedback and they'll continue to do things their own way then I say shut down BSN and go to your Twitters/Facebooks/Tumblrs/Save Spaces and don't talk to us ever again... good riddance!

As for it being a trend.... in US maybe but I don't see anyone here doing so... at least not on this forum. I might be wrong but I really doubt it.

Last edited:
Well, if they have to keep BSN existing just to show up once per 3 months and told everybody that they still don't need our feedback and they'll continue to do things their own way then I say shut down BSN and go to your Twitters/Facebooks/Tumblrs/Save Spaces and don't talk to us ever again... good riddance!

As for it being a trend.... in US maybe but I don't see anyone here doing so... at least not on this forum. I might be wrong but I really doubt it.

Or just ignore Bioware from now on and don't buy their games? I haven't bought one of their games since Mass Effect 2 and I'm far better off because of it. Blind fanaticism towards any franchise is very unhealthy. That's what I think anyway.

but I hope devs in general continue to value dedicated forums in the future.

This. Especially since you can only find really in-depth discussions about lore, game mechanics, morality of choices in the game, in-depth character studies and so on only from dedicated forums, you will never see such content in social media and I hope CDPR keeps seeing the benefit of having forums as they admitted they mainly got their feedback from previous games from the forum itself.

As much as I hated BSN, there were some decent threads and in-depth discussions that should not be ignored, what little (if any) respect I had for the new Bioware is now fully gone with this stupid move.

Last edited:
Remember how some of us complained that CDPR would host contests and news to social media rather than their forums? Yeah, not happy if this is a trend because there's valid reasons not to associate with the likes of Twitter and Facebook. Most notably, their CEOs are unscrupulous douchebags.

Not just that. They are privacy disasters. And privacy respectful social networks (like diaspora* and others) aren't likely to be used by these companies, since they are after mass populace, not after better channels of communication.

CDPR wise however, I don't see developers participating in discussions on the forum here, especially on technical subjects, so I don't think they'll suddenly start doing it on any social networks either. As was discussed multiple times, CDPR just don't care about communication anymore, whatever the reason.

Last edited:
Bioware taking their players thoughts on their games from tumblr.........................well i can't see any way this can end badly :lol:

CDPR wise however, I don't see developers participating in discussions on the forum here, especially on technical subjects, so I don't think they'll suddenly start doing it on any social networks either. As was discussed multiple times, CDPR just don't care about communication anymore, whatever the reason.

They do post on Reddit and Twitter, sometimes smaller news (like the release date or time of a new patch) even appear there sooner than on the forum.

Some people on the BSN are planning to get here :)

I kid, I kid...

I figure the really big influx will occur when Cyberpunk is announced.

---------- Updated at 02:59 PM ----------

Not just that. They are privacy disasters. And privacy respectful social networks (like diaspora* and others) aren't likely to be used by these companies, since they are after mass populace, not after better channels of communication.

Thanks for the diaspora link. Actually, they communicate about as much as they used to or more. On the very first forum, you hardly ever saw one peep in. But certain topics as we well know are forbidden.

Anywhoo, probably should get back to gaming news:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/17/dontnod-vampyr-e3-gameplay-trailer/

It looks as close to my Victorian/horror RPG as I'll get.

Last edited:
This Vampyr game has me intrigued. Given the developers' history with story-driven games, it could be a really good game if they get the RPG mechanics right.

The pretty much only games that I look forward to are the 2 new Cthulhu games, this Vampyr game and Shadow Warrior 2.. and of course Cyberpunk 2077.. We Happy Few has a unique backdrop and ideas, but after playing the alpha version, I don't know if it's going to be as unique and strong as it could have been... Vampyr looks great, but the combat doesn't look fun and who knows how it's going to be in the end.. new Vampire the Masquerade game from Obsidian would be a dream come true

I kid, I kid...

I figure the really big influx will occur when Cyberpunk is announced.

---------- Updated at 02:59 PM ----------

Thanks for the diaspora link. Actually, they communicate about as much as they used to or more. On the very first forum, you hardly ever saw one peep in. But certain topics as we well know are forbidden.

Anywhoo, probably should get back to gaming news:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/17/dontnod-vampyr-e3-gameplay-trailer/

It looks as close to my Victorian/horror RPG as I'll get.
Yeah I expect Cyberpunk 2077 is what will bring the horde in. On one hand it will bring more life to the forum. On the other hand, we'll be getting even more cringeworthy romance threads and demands for more dating simulators.

Vampyr looks intriguing. I really hope DONTNOD succeeds, these types of AA games are some of my favorites. Plus we need all the RPG devs we can get these days.

Yeah I expect Cyberpunk 2077 is what will bring the horde in. On one hand it will bring more life to the forum. On the other hand, we'll be getting even more cringeworthy romance threads and demands for more dating simulators.

Meh, any activity is better than no activity, which is what we currently have.

Been playing Star Citizen on my new PC. Game is pretty fun on max settings. Definitely feeling the "magic" all over again. Too bad the servers are terrible and you can't play online for more than 10 minutes without losing the connection. Mostly been playing offline versus bots. Still fun for 30 minutes or so after work every day, but not as fun as playing online.

---------- Updated at 10:47 PM ----------

Meh, any activity is better than no activity, which is what we currently have.
I wouldn't say that. I still have PTSD from some of the conversations leading up to TW3 launch. *shudders*

Last edited:

At least Cyberpunk 2077 will not use pre-defined characters from books, in the case of TW3 the games vs. books conflict probably made the situation much worse.

No activity? I didn't notice. The only time I felt there was no activity here, was right after TW3 release. Most people were playing obviously.

There is definitely much less activity on the forum now than a year ago, although that is to be expected. However, I also get the impression that other Witcher related communities (like at Reddit or Steam) are now more active, even if I did not compare them objectively by the number of posts or other metrics. I wonder if one day this forum would be closed down, too, once it is not active enough compared to other places and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), since that is the reason that was officially given for closing BSN.

I wonder if one day this forum would be closed down, too, once it is not active enough compared to other places and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), since that is the reason that was officially given for closing BSN.

I can't see CDPR doing that simply because they have little to no engagement with fans on Twitter and Facebook. Granted I stay away from most of those sites, but the majority of the REDs don't even have Twitter pages, and the ones that do don't post on there, e.g. https://twitter.com/red_konrad and Marcin Iwinski's total avoidance of social media. As slow as this forum gets, it's the only place where I have actually conversed with the developers and been able to ask questions. Bioware's developers, on the other hand, are pretty active on those aforementioned sites, so I could see how they wouldn't depend as heavily on their forums. Still not buying the excuse which they gave, however.

Just wait until Gwent and Cyberpunk gets released. I think we are going to see masses of people again in here.

Top Bottom