The General Videogame Thread

+
@Gilrond-i-Virdan Dual Universe is one of the space sims coming out that is bigger in scope - although not quite on par with Elite or Star Citizen. The other one that's big in scope is Infinity: Battlescape. Both those games let you create your own spaceships, cities, and space stations and focus on PvP combat between guilds who actually rule a part of the world.

Space Hulk: Deathwing has just appeared on Steam for pre-order for those who wish to add it to their wishlists. :)

You know what I'd buy? A remake of soul reaver. Or make that "controls and graphical update" - no one should touch the style, music, voice acting and story.

I have to say, I might be interested in buying the PS4 Pro. I'm playing mostly on PC since Half Life 2, never bought a console after the PS2.
400€ looks nice to me for a bunch of exclusives, a good hardware, ready for VR if I'm interested...

Are there reasons I would not want to go joining the slave race?

Yes, a sick locked-up system. PS4 Pro will be using a Polaris GPU. So better get RX 480 and normal computer already.

Why not both ? I'm assuming Cheylus already has a capable PC and the PS4 software lineup is looking brighter and brighter with every new major event. Besides since he hasn't had a console since PS2, he could catch up on quite a few of the PS3 exclusives that have been remastered for PS4

I guess if you don't have to choose you can have both a console and a gaming computer, but the console gaming market is very controlled and restricted and for instance third party, indie game distribution is not easy (as far as I know). Maybe if less people bought consoles only to play exclusives, there wouldn't be exclusives at all.

Interplay Announces Sale of Significant IP Portfolio, Wedbush Securities as Strategic Advisor

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 7, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leading video game software developer, publisher, and licensor, Interplay Entertainment Corp., today announced a process to sell its library of video game assets and intellectual property. The expected sale represents some 70 titles and dozens of characters.

"Interplay has entertained millions of players with its well-recognized games, including Earthworm Jim, Freespace, Giants, Kingpin, Messiah, MDK, Run Like Hell, Sacrifice, Battlechess, Clayfighter, Dark Alliance, and Descent. As game creators, we are proud of the entertainment these properties have provided over the years. With the proliferation of mobile, augmented reality, virtual reality and other new forms of consumption, we believe that consumers are ready to experience and interact with Interplay's characters, stories and game play in ways never possible before. We look forward to seeing how this unique portfolio of interactive entertainment icons will evolve for the worldwide audience," states Eric Caen, President of Interplay.
globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/09/07/870242/10165014/en/Interplay-Announces-Sale-of-Significant-IP-Portfolio-Wedbush-Securities-as-Strategic-Advisor

Thank you all for your input about my converting to the slave race.

I'm really torn and conflicted in many ways.
- I'm getting tired of video games. I'm leaning more and more to occasional casual gaming. The times for "replayability" and very long games are pretty much over to me, I realized that when I unsuccessfully tried to play TW3 (a game I love) for the second time. I might not want to invest as much time and money as I did before.
- There are only 3 announced games in the near future I'm interested in: Star Citizen, Kingdom Come and Cyberpunk. We've seen nothing of Cyberpunk and it will probably be released in 2019, and there's nothing preventing Star Citizen and Kingdom Come to become boring or disappointing.
- Can I play at 4K with my 970 (current GPU) while keeping settings on par with the PS4 Pro? I have no idea (I'll look into comparisons when the PS4P is released).
- There are games that I would have played like God of War series, Read Dead Redemption, Bloodborne, Demon Souls...

In any case I'm not impatient.
I have to wait the PSNow offer too, they announced the PSNow on PC (streaming) for a bunch of PS3 games. Since I have a good internet connection, that might do the trick.

Cloud Imperium don't plan PS release of Star Citizen as far as I know, and it's reasonable for them not to waste their resources on supporting Sony only APIs in their custom engine. May be if Sony will at last wake up and will start supporting Vulkan on PS, they'll get more games in result (kind of dumb for them not to do it).

Interplay Announces Sale of Significant IP Portfolio, Wedbush Securities as Strategic Advisor

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 7, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leading video game software developer, publisher, and licensor, Interplay Entertainment Corp., today announced a process to sell its library of video game assets and intellectual property. The expected sale represents some 70 titles and dozens of characters.

"Interplay has entertained millions of players with its well-recognized games, including Earthworm Jim, Freespace, Giants, Kingpin, Messiah, MDK, Run Like Hell, Sacrifice, Battlechess, Clayfighter, Dark Alliance, and Descent. As game creators, we are proud of the entertainment these properties have provided over the years. With the proliferation of mobile, augmented reality, virtual reality and other new forms of consumption, we believe that consumers are ready to experience and interact with Interplay's characters, stories and game play in ways never possible before. We look forward to seeing how this unique portfolio of interactive entertainment icons will evolve for the worldwide audience," states Eric Caen, President of Interplay.
globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/09/07/870242/10165014/en/Interplay-Announces-Sale-of-Significant-IP-Portfolio-Wedbush-Securities-as-Strategic-Advisor

List of the Intellectual Properties that are for sale at the end of the .pdf:

drive.google.com/file/d/0By0hZJzkirJPYmlaRV9GTU5OTFk/view
(Mirror)

Might want to hold your barf bags ready for the first couple of slides.

Last edited:
There are only 3 announced games in the near future I'm interested in: Star Citizen, Kingdom Come and Cyberpunk. We've seen nothing of Cyberpunk and it will probably be released in 2019, and there's nothing preventing Star Citizen and Kingdom Come to become boring or disappointing.
Me too, bruh. But you should also be hyped for Mount & Blade: Bannerlord. That might help. There's also plenty of RPGs coming out to whet your appetite. Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity 2, Divinity Original Sin 2, Tyranny. Now is a good time to get into classic RPGs if you're not into that genre yet.

My mentality towards consoles? Wait until later in the systems lifespan to pick one up. By then they will have dropped in price and there will be several quality exclusives already out. If you're interested in last-gen exclusives you can always pick up a PS3 for, like, $100 or something.

Cloud Imperium don't plan PS release of Star Citizen as far as I know
Actually, Chris did say he'd like to release Squadron 42 on consoles eventually. But probably not current gen.

Actually, Chris did say he'd like to release Squadron 42 on consoles eventually. But probably not current gen.

I think they are actually in position to pressure Sony to start supporting Vulkan to enable releasing SC / S42 on PS. Sony should have no problem doing it.

I think they are actually in position to pressure Sony to start supporting Vulkan to enable releasing SC / S42 on PS. Sony should have no problem doing it.
How often does the publisher conform to the developer's wishes? Maybe once Chris has the a finalized game, and one that's a success, then maybe​ but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Top Bottom