The General Videogame Thread

+
Danny O'Dwyer (formerly of Gamespot) is beginning a new documentary series called Noclip. Looks rather promising. I enjoyed his documentary series The Point , and think he made the right move by ditching formal games journalism.

Escape from Tarkov is looking more and more promising every time they release a video.

I played a bit the alpha, it is looks nice, but I won't touch it until the beta starts.

I just watched the new COD IW trailer. Man, I don't understand the hate which sorrounds this game. How many games have both on foot, and space ship combat? Not to mention the zero g stuff. I have never paid for any COD game and I don't even played since the first MW. This one is right in my sweetspot. My only concern is the lenght of the campign at the moment. I think I going to sell my soul to the devil, and buy this.

I played a bit the alpha, it is looks nice, but I won't touch it until the beta starts.

I just watched the new COD IW trailer. Man, I don't understand the hate which sorrounds this game. How many games have both on foot, and space ship combat? Not to mention the zero g stuff. I have never paid for any COD game and I don't even played since the first MW. This one is right in my sweetspot. My only concern is the lenght of the campign at the moment. I think I going to sell my soul to the devil, and buy this.

Yeah same here.

As for COD, I'm unsure about it. While I love Sci-Fi, it's still a COD game and I got sick of them long ago.

Seriously, Konami are out of their fucking minds if they think this will sell.

[video=youtube;n_PU3Q-glNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PU3Q-glNg[/video]

:facepalm: :eredinfacepalm::facepalm2:

I don't see why it wouldn't sell. It looks more feature complete than DayZ :p

edit: Honestly, I don't think it looks like a bad game. Everyone liked MGSV's gameplay. The fact that it was tied to the MGS universe (and carried the baggage of trying to fit into the MGS timeline) was arguably the worst part of the game. A standalone game/expansion with MGSV's gameplay and four player co-op? I'm sure a lot of people will dig that.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that I shopuld re-play the Mass Effect 2. So far I have not found any edition which is contained all of the DLCs which is bad. I had some of them back in the day on my bioware account. Can I use that for the Steam edition? I would like to see a complete edition because I missed some of the DLC-s and if I buy all of them on Origin, that would cost me a "lot".

I have a feeling that I shopuld re-play the Mass Effect 2. So far I have not found any edition which is contained all of the DLCs which is bad. I had some of them back in the day on my bioware account. Can I use that for the Steam edition? I would like to see a complete edition because I missed some of the DLC-s and if I buy all of them on Origin, that would cost me a "lot".

Yes you can use them for the Steam edition, just download them from the Social network and install and it's all good.

Some good Mods if youre interested.

Mass Effect 2 loadscreens are timed so even if you have an SSD they will not play any faster, this mod removes that. A must have!
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/2/?

There is also the ALOT mod that replace the textures with high quality ones, can take some time to install but is fully modular so you can skip things you find unnecessary.
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect...seffect2/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=68&gid=264

Played it last month and.............fuckme it's so damn good, the pinnacle of BioWare games, to bad they haven even come close in replicating it's quality since :/

Yes you can use them for the Steam edition, just download them from the Social network and install and it's all good.

Some good Mods if youre interested.

Mass Effect 2 loadscreens are timed so even if you have an SSD they will not play any faster, this mod removes that. A must have!
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect2/mods/2/?

There is also the ALOT mod that replace the textures with high quality ones, can take some time to install but is fully modular so you can skip things you find unnecessary.
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect...seffect2/ajax/modimages/?user=0&id=68&gid=264

Played it last month and.............fuckme it's so damn good, the pinnacle of BioWare games, to bad they haven even come close in replicating it's quality since :/

I realised that I lost my account which contained all of my DLCs, so pretty pointless to buy again on Steam. I so tempted to play it, again, but I want to play it with all the bonus content. I hope in a remastered, or a complete collection. But I might lose my patience and just pick all the story content on Origin. Thanks for the mods though.

Edit: Every story DLC, and the Genesis DLC woudl cost 40€ worth Bioware points. It is not cheap.

Last edited:
I realised that I lost my account which contained all of my DLCs, so pretty pointless to buy again on Steam. I so tempted to play it, again, but I want to play it with all the bonus content. I hope in a remastered, or a complete collection. But I might lose my patience and just pick all the story content on Origin. Thanks for the mods though.

Edit: Every story DLC, and the Genesis DLC woudl cost 40€ worth Bioware points. It is not cheap.

Aye I think that's one of the reasons why some people, me included, stopped playing Mass Effect 2. It's just too expensive.

Aye I think that's one of the reasons why some people, me included, stopped playing Mass Effect 2. It's just too expensive.

It is actually a pretty smart move frome EA. With Bioware pionts you can't have a sale, because you not paying for the DLCs with real money. I don't think they had sale for the Bioware points. I wanted to buy the DLCs but the sh*tty Origin didn't proceed to the paying, so... Well I guess I have to wait for a complete edition if comes ever. That would be bad, because ME2 one of my favourite games.

---------- Updated at 03:20 PM ----------

It is actually a pretty smart move frome EA. With Bioware pionts you can't have a sale, because you not paying for the DLCs with real money. I don't think they had sale for the Bioware points. I wanted to buy the DLCs but the sh*tty Origin didn't proceed to the paying, so... Well I guess I have to wait for a complete edition if comes ever. That would be bad, because ME2 one of my favourite games.

If you have a PS3 and buy the ME Trilogy (it's like $30.00 for all three games these days), it comes with the ME2 DLCs Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord and Kasumi included. You would still have to buy Zaeed (a must), Arrival (recommended - but not needed), and fire-walker (definitely not necessary). That's the only way I can think of to get you what you want for cheaper than $40.00 - I think it would be $35.00 assuming you just got Zaeed. Of course you have to have a PS3 because the trilogy includes fewer DLCs for the PC and XBox versions.

Last edited:
If you have a PS3 and buy the ME Trilogy (it's like $30.00 for all three games these days), it comes with the ME2 DLCs Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord and Kasumi included. You would still have to buy Zaeed (a must), Arrival (recommended - but not needed), and fire-walker (definitely not necessary). That's the only way I can think of to get you what you want for cheaper than $40.00 - I think it would be $35.00 assuming you just got Zaeed. Of course you have to have a PS3 because the trilogy includes fewer DLCs for the PC and XBox versions.

Are you sure? I am pretty sure that the PC version only comes with the ME1 DLCs, and that is all. Not that I have a working PS3, but strange that the console version comes with more content.

Are you sure? I am pretty sure that the PC version only comes with the ME1 DLCs, and that is all. Not that I have a working PS3, but strange that the console version comes with more content.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Trilogy

In addition to copies of each of the three games, the Mass Effect Trilogy includes access to certain downloadable content depending on platform:[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP]

References

EDIT: IIRC ME1 & ME2 were released much later on PS3 than for the other platforms (I think ME1 was first released as part of the Trilogy). I would guess that the added features were a way to try and entice a new platform audience into purchasing the games (it worked for me). When ME3 on PS3 came out I didn't bother because I hadn't played 1 or 2. When the trilogy came out I jumped on it, and it didn't hurt that a bunch of ME1 & ME2 DLCs were on disc. So it makes some sense from a marketing standpoint.

Last edited:
Never played any Final Fantasy game but this looks like a cool blend of JRPG and WRPG. There's a chance it might come to PC and I'd consider getting it if it doesn't end up being grindy.

Never played any Final Fantasy game but this looks like a cool blend of JRPG and WRPG. There's a chance it might come to PC and I'd consider getting it if it doesn't end up being grindy.

You should check out some of the short animes which they have released on their YouTube channel. They're called "Brotherhood" and they do a decent job of fleshing out the characters. There's also a Final Fantasy XV movie which was just released. A few narrative inconsistencies aside, it was a fun watch.

I'm looking forward to the game. The devs said that they took some cues from CDPR when it comes to open world game design, so that has me intrigued. They also know that there is a lot riding on this entry.

Oh, I have been waiting that game! It was supposed to come out last summer. Hopefully it comes out now. Haven't preordered it yet if it still gets delayed...

Top Bottom