The General Videogame Thread

+
I have been a fan of the Final Fantasy series for a long time and I'm eager to see how 15 turns out. I absolutely hated 12 and never played 13 because of how boring it looked, but I have hope that this will be a return to form for the series.

I made a bold purchase about a week ago. I bought The Division. I was interested in this game since the announcement, played both the open, and the closed beta, and I liked both. For some reason I didn't picked it up at launch, and I think it was a wise decision. I have followed the news and the issues with this game and I felt bad, because the promise was really good, and right up in my alley. But, recently Massive said that they f*cked up some thing in the game, like the endgame gearing, some gears and talents, and instead of releasing the next expansion, they going to fix it in October. As far as I know, the new changes made the game way better. The bullet sponge enemies are gone. It is still an rpg, but you don't need 3 magazine ammo for taking down one enemy. I am not at the end game level by any means, the leveling up, and the story content is fun, this patch will make the entire game more fun and not just for the hardcore gamers. What I meant by "hardcore gamers" is those people who have time to farm for specific equipment, and gear to max their build.
As you can see, I really like it, yesterday night I had a very good time in the Dark Zone, I haven't seen any hacker, or higher leveled players.
One more note, I have played a few games during my life, and I have never seen such a realistic winter in any game. Downgrade set aside this game is beautyfull.

I made a bold purchase about a week ago. I bought The Division. I was interested in this game since the announcement, played both the open, and the closed beta, and I liked both. For some reason I didn't picked it up at launch, and I think it was a wise decision. I have followed the news and the issues with this game and I felt bad, because the promise was really good, and right up in my alley. But, recently Massive said that they f*cked up some thing in the game, like the endgame gearing, some gears and talents, and instead of releasing the next expansion, they going to fix it in October. As far as I know, the new changes made the game way better. The bullet sponge enemies are gone. It is still an rpg, but you don't need 3 magazine ammo for taking down one enemy. I am not at the end game level by any means, the leveling up, and the story content is fun, this patch will make the entire game more fun and not just for the hardcore gamers. What I meant by "hardcore gamers" is those people who have time to farm for specific equipment, and gear to max their build.
As you can see, I really like it, yesterday night I had a very good time in the Dark Zone, I haven't seen any hacker, or higher leveled players.
One more note, I have played a few games during my life, and I have never seen such a realistic winter in any game. Downgrade set aside this game is beautyfull.

Let me know if you ever want someone to fight alongside, I've been considering dropping back in to The Division for the past couple of months. Need to reinstall it.

Last edited:
Let me know if you ever want someone to fight alongside, I've been considering dropping back in to The Division for the past couple of months. Need to reinstall it.

As soon as I reach lvl 30 I will reach out to you. I cannot wait for the Survival DLC, the new faction's armour looks fantastic.
In a way I feel a bit stupid because I missed the Collector's Edition for PC, the watch looks super awesome. I have got every other item from eBay dirt cheap, but the watch...

As soon as I reach lvl 30 I will reach out to you. I cannot wait for the Survival DLC, the new faction's armour looks fantastic.
In a way I feel a bit stupid because I missed the Collector's Edition for PC, the watch looks super awesome. I have got every other item from eBay dirt cheap, but the watch...

Yeah I need to double check my level. Hope nothing was deleted since I haven't been on for a while. :)

^^ Sounds like it might actually be a good game now. I might have to pick it up.

---------- Updated at 03:23 PM ----------

Tried playing KOTOR 2. Couldn't get past the first 10 minutes because the game glitched. Tried googling the glitch but no-one had anyone solutions. Enabled cheats to get around glitch. Cheats didn't work for some reason. Downloaded save game editor. Save game editor does work. Try starting a new game. Run into the same glitch.

One hour later... !@#$ KOTOR 2.

Last edited:
Yeah it's still there. I'm at level 18.

We will be able to play together at weekend I hope because during the next 4 days I will have to work, and won't have too much time to play. I'm at lvl 15 btw.

@Phinnway
Well, the leveling up to 30 was allways good and fun experience, the problems came from the endgame content. Some of the gear sets are much more poverfull than others, the enemies like I wrote, bullet spognes. I have seen early PTS 1.4 footage, and it is looks much better. The solo experience is waaaaaaay better than it is now. Now I just want to know more lore, what happend to rest of the city, or even the US and the world? I could suspect that the whole US is in pretty bad shape.

Lazydasy didn't read all posts, so this might have been mentioned earlier too... BUT!

Has someone played this?

[video=youtube;cFrs5UGB-ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFrs5UGB-ns[/video]

I liked that crazy world pretty much :D Usually I don't like games like these (jump jump jump and faaaaaaallllllllll) but this one was quite entertaining :) If you are looking for quick and crazy snack, I could recommend this.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/781707651025559553

Michael Gamble is one of the leads at Bioware for ME:A. Posted here as it might be of general interest. I always think it's interesting to see what developers are looking forward to.

He's brought it up before. Since there was so much contention between Bioware and CDPR fans on their forums you'd rarely see the devs comment on the Witcher games. David Gaider, who can be pretty condescending had some snide words on the topic, but then I found this interview where he praises CDPR. Kinda surprised me.

Go to 9:00.

Last edited:
Tried playing KOTOR 2. Couldn't get past the first 10 minutes because the game glitched. Tried googling the glitch but no-one had anyone solutions. Enabled cheats to get around glitch. Cheats didn't work for some reason. Downloaded save game editor. Save game editor does work. Try starting a new game. Run into the same glitch.

One hour later... !@#$ KOTOR 2.

What was the glitch?

The one where the plasma torch doesn't work. Hence you're stuck in the medical bay because you can't cut through the blast doors at the beginning. :(

Well - did you try cheating a lightsaber into you inventory? ^^

I think I never had that bug, and I played the game since release - which was a different level of buggy.

It's good to hear that some of Bioware's devs are into CDPR's works. Maybe that will bode well for ME: Andromeda and they will bring that inspiration to bear on the game.

Well - did you try cheating a lightsaber into you inventory? ^^
Yeah, I tried everything. But - I just tried again yesterday and found out I was trying to equip the plasma torch in the wrong inventory slot :dead: Problem solved.

I seem to have a bad history with RPGs. When I played Pillars of Eternity the first time I got stock because I couldn't figure out how to enter Caed Nua. Then I found out you just walk through the front door.......

Yeah, I tried everything. But - I just tried again yesterday and found out I was trying to equip the plasma torch in the wrong inventory slot :dead: Problem solved.

I seem to have a bad history with RPGs. When I played Pillars of Eternity the first time I got stock because I couldn't figure out how to enter Caed Nua. Then I found out you just walk through the front door.......
Hahaaa ;D

That Caed Nua thing happened to me as well, really :sad:

Top Bottom