The General Videogame Thread

+
6 years after Mafia 2 we get this..............

pre-ordered Pokemon Sun, that and Dishonored 2 are the only 2 I pre-ordered which I'm pretty confident won't regret.
Also I got Mafia 3 with a recent bonus, anyone playing it?

Yep, it's a disappointment for me:

+
- good dialogs and pretty good cutscenes/cinematography
- some good and interesting characters (because dialogs and cutscenes...)
- good New Orleans atmosphere / good 1960s/1970s recreation
- very good soundtrack (but it's not because of the devs...)

-
- boring gameplay and VERY repetitive missions, to the point I'm not interested in the game at all after 12 hours (same thing over and over)
- lack of details
- not a very interesting story
- buggy
- terrible lighting effects
- they adopted the very old Ubisoft "open worlds" thing: free districts, use "radio towers" to see collectibles and things...

This game is slowly coming together

[video=youtube;QRrxSCIT-xc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRrxSCIT-xc[/video]

Jim Sterling brings up an interesting point about consoles I hadn't thought of: they're becoming less convenient than PC.

Are power users the only - or even main - audience for consoles? No.

No, but same way convenience is a relative thing, depending on to whom you apply it. Therefore generic statements about consoles becoming more or less convenient aren't as useful. For some they weren't convenient in the past, and if anything, new developments in consoles like Steam Machines are making them closer to PCs and thus more convenient.

No, but same way convenience is a relative thing, depending on to whom you apply it. Therefore generic statements about consoles becoming more or less convenient aren't as useful. For some they weren't convenient in the past, and if anything, new developments in consoles like Steam Machines are making them closer to PCs and thus more convenient.

Steam machines appear to be dead in the water. I don't hear anything about them anymore. I think Jim's point is valid. Why are Sony and MS even trying to compete with PC and tablets? Why have a console that struggles to offer multiple features, but still not nearly as many as your common smart phone or PC? I bet if the xbox scorpio was $250-$300 and all it did was play games, they'd open up a whole new market. People that want affordability and convenience.

Top Bottom