The General Videogame Thread

+
Phinnway;n7177730 said:
This StarCitizen GIF was too cool not to share.

[video=youtube;teH5Oowj-J8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teH5Oowj-J8[/video]

'Detected three minor impacts across the bow... no damage registered.'
'Probably just debris, sir.'

Phinnway;n7177730 said:
This StarCitizen GIF was too cool not to share.

As a non-citizen, I need more context. I gather the soon-to-be debris ahead of that ship was another large ship, with the gif making a visual statement about the size of vessel no.2?

Garrison72;n7211820 said:
Did they promise a Linux version? If someone backed them on the basis of this promise, they should get their money back.

They did. I didn't back them, but they offered refunds for Linux users. I'm more disappointed that they couldn't sort things out in time. So far it's not clear what will happen. May be they'll fix it post release.

Well, that's unfortunate but also to be expected when dealing with the devil, expanding way too fast and chasing after the latest trends and fads. Aside from having apparent managerial issues.

If Crytek should go out of business and take the Cryengine with them I guess for Kingdom Come: Deliverance II Warhorse could just switch to the Cryengine derivative Star Citizen is using. They already did exchange some bits and pieces of tech like the inventory system before.

Witcher 3 was mentioned in Linux disappointments of 2016: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...ar-review.8713

We’ve had a number of letdowns this year, with The Witcher 3 having no sign of coming. I doubt that we will ever find out what happened there. Batman: Arkham Knight for Linux was cancelled, Homefront: The Revolution still hasn’t arrived, but it’s still planned for Linux. We have a wall of silence on Street Fighter V and the list of disappointments continues for a while. I won’t dwell on that too much, but it’s worth noting for clarity that things don’t always work out.

I was on Titanfall 2 this morning and there's only around 2000 players online. The game is dying so I uninstalled it. It's really unfortunate, but EA treated that game like shit by releasing it at the wrong time.

M4xw0lf;n7251810 said:
Did anyone here play Stasis? I just got it as backer reward for Wasteland 3.

I am currently playing it. It's GREAT! The writing is fantastic for the most part and the voice acting, surprisingly good. It's essentially a point and click, graphical adventure game with a modern interface (actions/interactions are automatically chosen for the respective hotspots). It involves a LOT of reading and puzzle solving with hints from observation, and reading. The atmosphere is genuinely creepy and the story, while not incredibly original (but what is?), is still very engaging, interesting and most of all, really well executed. I'd classify it as sci-fi horror. Highly recommended if you like adventure. It makes me think of an isometric Dead Space without guns, and clever puzzles instead of cheap jump scares.

Now about Wasteland 3, I totally forgot they were crowdfunding! Guess I'll have to buy it like a regular mortal...

Last edited:
volsung;n7252260 said:
I am currently playing it. It's GREAT! The writing is fantastic for the most part and the voice acting, surprisingly good. It's essentially a point and click, graphical adventure game with a modern interface (actions/interactions are automatically chosen for the respective hotspots). It involves a LOT of reading and puzzle solving with hints from observation, and reading. The atmosphere is genuinely creepy and the story, while not incredibly original (but what is?), is still very engaging, interesting and most of all, really well executed. I'd classify it as sci-fi horror. Highly recommended if you like adventure. It makes me think of an isometric Dead Space without guns, and clever puzzles instead of cheap jump scares.

Nice. All I knew about it really was that I like the art and atmosphere on pictures... I will have to give it a try.

(I wanted to go digital Skinner on you and give you a tasty red point - but my combination of browser and forum software says no.)

Last edited:
M4xw0lf;n7251810 said:
Did anyone here play Stasis? I just got it as backer reward for Wasteland 3.

I got Stasis as a bonus on GOG sale, after buying The Dwarves. so for the Wasteland 3 backer reward I chose Underrail. Though Stasis is now Windows only, looks like Linux version is being worked on.

volsung;n7252260 said:
I am currently playing it. It's GREAT!

Good to know! Looking forward to playing it.

Last edited:
Since new Doom removed Denuvo, some already figured out how to run it in Wine on Linux (benefit of Doom using Vulkan, rather than the mess of DX11).

Last edited:
Typical... I started my PS4 after it had being shut down for a while and thought to test my new FF15 game.

"System update is needed". I bet that next announcement is that game needs to be updated :D

Sometimes I really miss those old consoles which didn't update themselves or the games constantly. Just insert the disc and start playing.

Edit: Yup, downloading game updates (35 mins left).

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n7276420 said:
Typical... I started my PS4 after it had being shut down for a while and thought to test my new FF15 game.

"System update is needed". I bet that next announcement is that game needs to be updated :D

Sometimes I really miss those old consoles which didn't update themselves or the games constantly. Just insert the disc and start playing.

Edit: Yup, downloading game updates (35 mins left).

Ouch. Let me guess: 30GB?

Top Bottom