The girl with the bulge

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a few others in the thread, I think it's totally hot. Mainly because it is subtle (not talking about size o_O). It's subtle because it is something that should be expected in a world-set like Cyberpunk. (Like how others have touched upon.)

If anyone is a fan of Gits then you understand the reason Stand Alone Complex worked so well and most of it was because of the concepts throughout the story were never really explained. Instead the writers pretty much expected the audience to already have a intellectual understanding of the Gits universe and the story was just...told.
It was great because of the lack of exposition.

I love the fact that this rendition of the dark future already has controversial subjects (as it should)...and we are just looking at the ads. Anyone who is queer should see this game as an amazing outlet for expression through character customization and in-game relationships. The hate coming from some writers in the form of "being so awake" is silly and only makes me want to explore the "pan" aspect of the game that is, by it's nature, going to be one of the most normalized concepts in the Cyberpunk world.

It's reassuring to see this thread.

Whoever is creating the ads for 2077 is doing a fantastic job.(y)(y)

Also really hoping this is one of the posters in the digital downloads of the standard edition. Probably not, but I would love to have this on my wall.
Anyone else hoping we can steal ad posters in the game?

Like a few others in the thread, I think it's totally hot. Mainly because it is subtle (not talking about size o_O). It's subtle because it is something that should be expected in a world-set like Cyberpunk. (Like how others have touched upon.)

If anyone is a fan of Gits then you understand the reason Stand Alone Complex worked so well and most of it was because of the concepts throughout the story were never really explained. Instead the writers pretty much expected the audience to already have a intellectual understanding of the Gits universe and the story was just...told.
It was great because of the lack of exposition.

I love the fact that this rendition of the dark future already has controversial subjects (as it should)...and we are just looking at the ads. Anyone who is queer should see this game as an amazing outlet for expression through character customization and in-game relationships. The hate coming from some writers in the form of "being so awake" is silly and only makes me want to explore the "pan" aspect of the game that is, by it's nature, going to be one of the most normalized concepts in the Cyberpunk world.

It's reassuring to see this thread.

Whoever is creating the ads for 2077 is doing a fantastic job.(y)(y)

Also really hoping this is one of the posters in the digital downloads of the standard edition. Probably not, but I would love to have this on my wall.
Anyone else hoping we can steal ad posters in the game?
If it isn't included by default, I imagine it shouldn't be terribly difficult to pull the asset out (no pun intended) post-launch, for PC players anyway. And then it could just be posted somewhere for console users.

Last edited:
So......if some people out there start getting upset about this (great) poster......can we call it "The Battle Of The Bulge"?

lul.jpg

Welp, unsold. By putting this in the game, they're making a political statement intentional or not, and I'm out. Bye.

I was actually quite excited when I saw this, it might be the first instance I've seen of mainstream media representing a world where transgender people (insofar as that term even applies in a cyberpunk setting where body modifications can just as easily be a fashion statement as an expression of deeply held identity) are normalised and considered potentially attractive, instead of mocked or pitied. It would be a real shame if CDPR tried to "tone it down" due to a few negative reactions.

View attachment 11003374
I don't know, I'm not against it, if it exists in the real world (or would exist in the future world I guess) then it should exist in the game. I just don't really care that much, lol. But good for them. :)
Post automatically merged:

I hope none of this is removed or censored in the game, because of people becoming upset. I really hope CDPR keep doing what they are doing!
I agree with this, but does that mean you also think NPC's, or perhaps even your own character, should be able to use racially derogatory terms? Racists really exist in the real world, and even non racists who just talk like trash, so shouldn't that also be in the game?

Welp, unsold. By putting this in the game, they're making a political statement intentional or not, and I'm out. Bye.
In the first gameplay demo video there is literally an NPC shop called "Second Amendment". Damn near anything in the game can be turned into a "political statement" by people clutching their pearls over nothing. You're also completely ignoring that the game takes place in 2077, not 2019; cultural norms change over time as society evolves - anyone alive today should already be well aware of this by now. The idea that something that's normal "then" is somehow a political statement about "now" is just silly. But, you do you. You want to pass on playing what is going to be the greatest game of the decade, go for it. It's not gonna hurt me, it's not gonna hurt us, and it's not gonna hurt CDPR. The only person it affects is you.

Imagine getting scared off by a bulge...yikes.

I'm not into the political aspect of things either, but yikes.

Will said bulge be in the character customization?

Can I scare off my enemies with it?

Can Mr Studd be weaponized?

Sorry I'll stop...
LOL, best body modification EVER... Yah, I don't get it either, people are so easy to offend now-a-days on both sides...

My opinion on this is.. I don't really care, it kinda makes sense in the world of Cyberpunk tbh.
As long as the game doesnt preach to me, I'm happy.
I can agree with this statement, everyone has their own persuasion/prefference and it is nobody's right to challenge that they conform to a certain way of thinking or else.

Imagine getting scared off by a bulge...yikes.

I'm not into the political aspect of things either, but yikes.

Will said bulge be in the character customization?

Can I scare off my enemies with it?

Can Mr Studd be weaponized?

Sorry I'll stop...

I'd be disappointed if you couldn't get a Mister Studd (tm) ("All night, very night and she'll never know") or Midnight Lady. Or Techhair or Light Tattoos or any of the other fun cosmetic mods. Full on exotics like the Playbeing may be pushing it a bit far though.

I'd be disappointed if you couldn't get a Mister Studd (tm) ("All night, very night and she'll never know") or Midnight Lady. Or Techhair or Light Tattoos or any of the other fun cosmetic mods. Full on exotics like the Playbeing may be pushing it a bit far though.

Yeah I'm always wondering how far CDPR is going to take that.

I want techhair pubes though, that's for certain...

The artist who created the advertisement has chimed in:
“Personally, for me, this person is sexy,” Redesiuk said to Polygon. “I like how this person looks. However, this model is used — their beautiful body is used — for corporate reasons. They are displayed there just as a thing, and that’s the terrible part of it.”

Redesiuk added, “Cyberpunk 2077 is a dystopian future where megacorporations dictate everything. They try to, and successfully, influence people’s lives. They shove products down their throats. They create those very aggressive advertisements that use, and abuse, a lot of people’s needs and instincts. So, hypersexualization is apparent everywhere, and in our ads there are many examples of hypersexualized women, hypersexualized men, and hypersexualized people in between.”
(from: https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-artist-says-controversial-in-game-image-1835459949)

So, basically, it's as people said here: It's all about in-world corporate marketing shenanigans as expected of the world of 2077.

Also:
Redesiuk offered an apology to those who were troubled by the in-game advertisement.

“I would say it was never the intention to offend anyone,” Redesiuk said. “However, with this image of an oversexualized person, we did want to show how oversexualization of people is bad. And that’s it.”

Forum veteran
Y'all focusing on dicks. Meanwhile, I can't get over the possibility of jaundice.

What could the 16 flavors possibly be? Is the straw included? Is ChroManticore a sly Witcher reference? What kind of cut-rate marketing doofus would pair a yellow-haired model with a yellow background? Why is there a U in flavor if Night City is in Cali? So many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom