The girl with the bulge

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nice catch. I didn't even notice this until I saw this post. GJ!
Post automatically merged:

I think that a lot of those complaining about it just don't understand cyberpunk.
Understand takes tiiiiiiiiiiime...

I am perfectly fine with the ingame ad as it is. I just wanted to say that male bulges should be a thing too in the ingame advertising.

Guest 3573786

On an alternate note, the steam forums for CP2077 are making me lose faith in humanity. There was a wave of loud individuals who campaigned against preordering CP2077 because it was "stupid".
Why is that a bad thing? Don't get me wrong, I think boycotting the game for this reason is stupid, but a person should be able to have that prerogative, and the freedom to talk about it.

Say what you want about Steam forums, but at least you can discuss most things there.

What? The bulge in question isn't 'bulgy' enough for you? Exactly how much man-bulge are you craving?! :eek:

No; all kinds of ads. Otherwise it seems that this one was done mainly for the shock factor.
... I don't know if its possible to have a meaningful conversation about this stuff.

No; all kinds of ads. Otherwise it seems that this one was done mainly for the shock factor.
... I don't know if its possible to have a meaningful conversation about this stuff.

It is tough.

I don't think it was done so much for shock factor. It wasn't immediately apparent, it's on a bunch of ads across the city. I think it was inevitable that someone would spot it and the Nvidia ad just made it happen. But it's already been spotted in other places.

I think it's more about "Our World But Different" and "Everything Is For Sale" than shock factor.

It is tough.

I don't think it was done so much for shock factor. It wasn't immediately apparent, it's on a bunch of ads across the city. I think it was inevitable that someone would spot it and the Nvidia ad just made it happen. But it's already been spotted in other places.

I think it's more about "Our World But Different" and "Everything Is For Sale" than shock factor.

Yeah. To me, this stuff is just the norm in the Cyberpunk universe. It's not shock factor if it's literally everywhere.

How can you make a believable alternate reality future if it's just the same as our world, but cybered up? Our modern fears, prejudices, concerns, desires, are not necessarily the same as they are in 2077 or even 2020. Pretty funky idea for our modern brains to handle, but it's neat.

Personally I'm not offended by derogatory speech or anything. I'm a black female who work in EMS, I have heard and seen everything lol. Try helping someone who is drunk out of their mind calling you every name in the book, and trying to attack you, It's a confusing experience lol. If CDPR decides to add derogatory language, I'm not going to get my feeling hurt over it lol, it's only a game. This is why I don't understand why people are offended by this image, it's only a game.
Interesting to hear. Thank you for your unique perspective (no, that's not sarcasm).

The Corps of 2077 are utterly ethics-free, rapacious entities driven solely by their own greed. You are a disposable entity to them. It's not about covering costs - that was long long ago. it's not about employment - the average person in Night City makes (legally) 3200 eb per year. Per year. There is no fair treatment of workers or consumers. There is only profit.
You just described every since corporations first became corporations.

Corporate "ethics" are dictated by government regulations and market trends.
The goal of a for-profit corporation is profit.
Everyone is disposable in a corporate setting.

I understand the desire to romanticize the game, but the story has been told multiple times, but in fiction and real life. It's just the cool setting that changes.

You just described every since corporations first became corporations.

I knew this would come up when I posted.

1. Let's avoid IRL politics as much as possible. Today does not see armed enforcement teams zeroing homeless with autoshotguns in NorCal. This is fiction, a dark fiction.

2. The Dark Future, it's much much worse. Yes, it can get much worse. In 2077, the elements we see today are exaggerated and darkened. Police in your city are corrupted, governments are utterly irrelevant ( and owned) and the Corps control all. That is not (typically) the case today but it is the case in 2077.

Yeah, I was just joking with you ;)

I think the artist mentioned that we will see all body types being used in ads, since corporations will exploit absolutely everything to its maximum potential. I don't think ads will focus on any one group as far as I can tell; indeed, that would be boring and senseless.

I knew this would come up when I posted.

1. Let's avoid IRL politics as much as possible. Today does not see armed enforcement teams zeroing homeless with autoshotguns in NorCal. This is fiction, a dark fiction.

2. The Dark Future, it's much much worse. Yes, it can get much worse. In 2077, the elements we see today are exaggerated and darkened. Police in your city are corrupted, governments are utterly irrelevant ( and owned) and the Corps control all. That is not (typically) the case today but it is the case in 2077.

I didn't exactly bring real life politics to the conversation... I am merely pointing out where corporate "ethics" come from. Be sure that, if there isn't a law against it, or a negative market reaction to it, corporations will do anything for profit.

Sure, we don't see armed enforcement teams executing the homeless with shotguns in NorCal (that's very specific) but there are plenty of atrocities happening around the world, governments gassing ethnic groups, executing homosexuals, etc... maybe not in NorCal (well, the gas used there is not lethal) but even in NorCal there is police abuse.

Police corruption exists today, in my city, in your city, in everyone's city. Government corruption exists today. Especially in the U.S., corporations and special interest groups have great influence in laws enacted.

TheQuartering - right?

TheQuartering though did a pretty awful job throwing different stuff together here in his video. He also includes Outstars criticism regarding the choice of the cover. Instead of differentiating between valid criticism aimed at unimaginative and constricting marketing decisions and way exaggerated political comments, basically aimed at getting rid of sexual content, he throws everything together. And that's bad.

He fixed that in a video "Oopsie In Anger Over Cyberpunk 2077 (My Punishment)". Sometimes people makes mistakes. None of us are perfect. At least he's holding himself accountable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they should make a few adds in the game with camel toes too.

Well, the artist did say this:
"and in our ads there are many examples of hypersexualized women, hypersexualized men, and hypersexualized people in between."
So, I'm pretty sure we'll see quite a few of those. :sneaky:

I just wanted to say that male bulges should be a thing too in the ingame advertising.
It most likely will be. See the aforementioned quote from the artist.

He fixed that in a video "Oopsie In Anger Over Cyberpunk 2077 (My Punishment)". Sometimes people makes mistakes. None of us are perfect. At least he's holding himself accountable
I saw that. Good on him. I very much like Outstar, and understood where she was coming from after some thought. He was in the wrong on that one.

But that's unrelated to what's going on here, of course. I don't believe Outstar has commented on the "bulge" situation, nor has Jeremy.

Last edited by a moderator:
What my - in my own opinion - logical mind cannot fathom is:
How can inclusion of something make you phobic of what it represents? Shouldn't it be the other way around? You include something so you're not afraid of it? I honestly don't understand people's thought processes at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom