The girl with the bulge

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually quite excited when I saw this, it might be the first instance I've seen of mainstream media representing a world where transgender people (insofar as that term even applies in a cyberpunk setting where body modifications can just as easily be a fashion statement as an expression of deeply held identity) are normalised and considered potentially attractive, instead of mocked or pitied. It would be a real shame if CDPR tried to "tone it down" due to a few negative reactions.

Screenshot_2019_06_11_23.02.16.png

Last edited by a moderator:
TheQuartering - right?

TheQuartering though did a pretty awful job throwing different stuff together here in his video. He also includes Outstars criticism regarding the choice of the cover. Instead of differentiating between valid criticism aimed at unimaginative and constricting marketing decisions and way exaggerated political comments, basically aimed at getting rid of sexual content, he throws everything together. And that's bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just leaving this here:

In particular, it is prohibited to:
  • write about political and world-view topics; this does not apply to discussions about fictional topics connected with the worlds depicted in the CDPR products
Talking about the poster and it's relevance in game is :ok:. Writing about real world politics (i.e. political correctness in media, other peoples sensitivity, etc), is going to get smashed quick. This forum is about Cyberpunk 2077, not current day politics.

Few posts and title edited.

I think the poster looks good. I think the character (not sure if it's a man, woman, or something in between) is quite attractive as well. Attraction to me is not dictated by someone's genitals (involved relationships are another matter).

I think the artist who made that poster had excellent reasoning for why it looks the way it looks. More power to them, and more power to CDPR for attempting (and, IMO, succeeding) to realistically portray hyper-sexualized ads in a Cyberpunk world.

EDIT: Exploring what it is to be male, what it is to be female, or perhaps what it is to be neither, is an interesting idea that is very Cyberpunk. It's something I expect to see depicted quite often in the game. I would not be surprised in the least if one of your romantic partners have one set of genitals, but a body type that would traditionally be considered feminine or masculine, or perhaps even multiple sets of genitals and a mixture of features. I'm not saying it will happen, merely that it's not impossible.

In a world where you can look like anybody or anything (exotics, anyone?) you want, this just barely scratches the surface of what is possible. Being trans is not a troublesome concept in the world of 2077.

I always find it HIGHLY amusing that artwork of shemales tends to be better endowed then 99% of real-life males.

:ROFLMAO:

TheQuartering - right?

TheQuartering though did a pretty awful job throwing different stuff together here in his video. He also includes Outstars criticism regarding the choice of the cover. Instead of differentiating between valid criticism aimed at unimaginative and constricting marketing decisions and way exaggerated political comments, basically aimed at getting rid of sexual content, he throws everything together. And that's bad.

Let's steer clear of discussing Jeremy's videos here. I'm not a mod, but that's my advice.

Last edited:
I was honestly confused about why people believed the model to be a transgender... until I looked a little bit up towards the belly and saw the outline.

Just leaving this here:

In particular, it is prohibited to:
  • write about political and world-view topics; this does not apply to discussions about fictional topics connected with the worlds depicted in the CDPR products
Talking about the poster and it's relevance in game is :ok:. Writing about real world politics (i.e. political correctness in media, other peoples sensitivity, etc), is going to get smashed quick. This forum is about Cyberpunk 2077, not current day politics.

Few posts and title edited.
Can we talk about the time cyberpunk 2020's timeline took a turn from the real one? Or is that part of cyberpunk forbidden?

I hope none of this is removed or censored in the game, because of people becoming upset. I really hope CDPR keep doing what they are doing!

Same, stick to your guns CDPR, do not apologise for your artistic choices and do not compromise on your artistic vision, if people choose to be offended then let them be offended, if they choose to misinterpret the poster and it's reason for being there then that is there own fault, however I think it fits perfectly within the theme of cyberpunk and body modification and am glad you aren't shying away from this sort of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom