The girl with the bulge

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gender is not as relevant in a Cyberpunk setting where body is customizable and modular; you can be a man, a girl, a catgirl, a sexless military borg, a vegetable hooked on braindances. In Ghost in the Shell series one guy become a tank even so even that attack helicopter meme can be reality in this genre (but you'd be way over cyber-psychosis limit in CP2077 universe with such a body).

I agree with this, but does that mean you also think NPC's, or perhaps even your own character, should be able to use racially derogatory terms? Racists really exist in the real world, and even non racists who just talk like trash, so shouldn't that also be in the game?

Personally I'm not offended by derogatory speech or anything. I'm a black female who work in EMS, I have heard and seen everything lol. Try helping someone who is drunk out of their mind calling you every name in the book, and trying to attack you, It's a confusing experience lol. If CDPR decides to add derogatory language, I'm not going to get my feeling hurt over it lol, it's only a game. This is why I don't understand why people are offended by this image, it's only a game.

Can I scare off my enemies with it?

Can Mr Studd be weaponized?

When I saw that poster, I genuinely thought it was an optical illusion because I never imagined that CPR'd be so bold to the point of putting a shape so blatant in the game, especially considering that it isn't just an image from the game, but one picked for the NVidia site.

Guest 3573786

Why does (s)he, have a raging hard-on though? Is it the effect of the drink? :beer:

Can V be affected by it? :sneaky:

How is female V affected by it? :ROFLMAO:

So many questions...

I just read the Polygon article and actually I am even more baffled by the reaction:
“This is all to show that [much like in our modern world], hypersexualization in advertisements is just terrible,” Redesiuk continued. “It was a conscious choice on our end to show that in this world — a world where you are a cyberpunk, a person fighting against corporations. That [advertisement] is what you’re fighting against.”

Uhm.. no I don't fight against that advertisement. I mean why would I? I really like the transhumanist part of Cyberpunk 2077. You want to be a lizard? You can be a lizard! You want to have a monster cock? Well here you go! That's not what I want to fight against, because I support that with all my heart. New eyes? Hair that changes color depending on the weather? Lizzy Wizzys hypersexual metal body? Hell yeah, that's what I love! And who am I to be against that girl with the monster cock posing for the corporation that is selling it?

I mean I think it's cool if one wants to play with as less modifications as possible but I certainly embrace this and don't intend to play as some girl that hates the transhumanist society of Cyberpunk.

what if you want to be a duck? can you get a cloaca?
Post automatically merged:

Why does (s)he, have a raging hard-on though? Is it the effect of the drink? :beer:

Can V be affected by it? :sneaky:

How is female V affected by it? :ROFLMAO:

So many questions...

instant 1 meter hair growth down there

To clarify about the article and Kaisa's explanation:

You aren't fighting against surgery or gender correction. You are fighting against a world that takes a beautiful body, any beautiful body, and uses it to make money, as soon as it can.

A world that cares not at all for the fight for (or against) issues that matter to you, but will use everything and anything to take your money for themselves.

That's the point. The corps will take something beautiful ( and courageous) and immediately commercialize it.

That in 60 years when today's issues are simply something you walk past without expression, the corps will promptly make money from the years of hard-fought trials.

Because Dark Future. Nothing matters but money and power.

Fight that.

To clarify about the article and Kaisa's explanation:

You aren't fighting against surgery or gender correction. You are fighting against a world that takes a beautiful body, any beautiful body, and uses it to make money, as soon as it can.

A world that cares not at all for the fight for (or against) issues that matter to you, but will use everything and anything to take your money for themselves.

That's the point. The corps will take something beautiful ( and courageous) and immediately commercialize it.

That in 60 years when today's issues are simply something you walk past without expression, the corps will promptly make money from the years of hard-fought trials.

Because Dark Future. Nothing matters but money and power.

Fight that.

Uhm.. so what? They advertise products or possibilities with fitting bodies, that is pretty reasonable. They want to make money, fine with me, considering they have costs to cover. I don't have an issue with corporations using beautiful bodies to.. well, sell beautiful bodies. It's a whole different matter when it comes to slavery, ownership of people and force but advertising products with models? Nah, I am completely behind the back of the corporations here - and behind the back of the models and their choice to use what they have to make money.

Nah, I am completely behind the back of the corporations here - and behind the back of the models and their choice to use what they have to make money.

I think you fail to understand the length to which corporations have gone in the Dark Future. This is not today. This is not our world.

The Corps of 2077 are utterly ethics-free, rapacious entities driven solely by their own greed. You are a disposable entity to them. It's not about covering costs - that was long long ago. it's not about employment - the average person in Night City makes (legally) 3200 eb per year. Per year. There is no fair treatment of workers or consumers. There is only profit.

The Corps don't care about you, the world, fairness, ethics, or anything, really. They are huge and terrifying.

In the Corebook adventure section, some Nomads are living above a toxic waste dump in Northern California. They don't know it (yet), but it's going to leak. The Corp that put it there would be embarrassed (not indictable, just embarrassed) if it came out, so they send a hit team to kill all the Nomads. 100s of people. This sort of thing is absolutely normal for 2020-2077 Corporatons. Just routine business.

In this future, yes, regular people are slaves. If that model is profiting, great. More likely she will be used up and discarded. If not already. Because there are always more.

That's Cyberpunk. That's why cyberpunk. You are fighting that. You are a rebel.

Anyway, I love the poster. As a kid in the 80's, and I'm sure lots of people were the same, I was surrounded by TV and advertising and grew to look at it in a cynical way. It seemed like disingenuous smiles and cheeriness were everywhere, despite the fact it's obvious they don't give a rats arse about you and just want to reach into your wallets.

I remember loving how Robocop parodied that part of our society and showed corporations of the future to be so callous and merciless. For example the lethal anti-car theft device at the beginning of the sequel. The fancy sports car fries a would-be thief in the drivers seat and then a smiling corpo type comes in and casually opens the door, steps over the dead, smoldering body that has fallen out, gets in the car, turns to the camera and cheerily says, 'And it doesn't even flatten your battery!'.

This in-game ad serves that kind of purpose really well and I hope there are lots of other examples to really create an atmosphere of corporate domination and oppression.

EDIT: Actually, here it is on youtube, because everything is. I shoulda just checked it first. Heh, seeing it again, I like the bit where he says, 'No embarrassing alarm'. Because that sort of inconvenience and unseemly-ness is just unacceptable if you can simply kill someone before it happens. It's that kind of cynical devaluation of human life compared to profit that was just done so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is contextually 100% appropriate within the setting of CP. That's all that's needed for it to be fine.

I mean, it's a woman with a dick. So what? It's not a big deal and if anything it is positive in being inclusive of transgender people. So for anyone who doesen't like it - I honestly can't see it as anything else than people being hateful for the sake of being hateful.

I think you fail to understand the length to which corporations have gone in the Dark Future. This is not today. This is not our world.

The Corps of 2077 are utterly ethics-free, rapacious entities driven solely by their own greed. You are a disposable entity to them. It's not about covering costs - that was long long ago. it's not about employment - the average person in Night City makes (legally) 3200 eb per year. Per year. There is no fair treatment of workers or consumers. There is only profit.

The Corps don't care about you, the world, fairness, ethics, or anything, really. They are huge and terrifying.

In the Corebook adventure section, some Nomads are living above a toxic waste dump in Northern California. They don't know it (yet), but it's going to leak. The Corp that put it there would be embarrassed (not indictable, just embarrassed) if it came out, so they send a hit team to kill all the Nomads. 100s of people. This sort of thing is absolutely normal for 2020-2077 Corporatons. Just routine business.

In this future, yes, regular people are slaves. If that model is profiting, great. More likely she will be used up and discarded. If not already. Because there are always more.

That's Cyberpunk. That's why cyberpunk. You are fighting that. You are a rebel.

The ad is for an energy drink with a ton of mixing but that doesn't mean one has to mix literally everything together. Sure, greedy companies that dump toxic waste and kill the people that know it. That's fine, I like fighting that. But again, this is about an advertisement with a Futanari. I don't mind that, I don't rebel against that, they can go ahead with that. I rather buy a can of ChroManticure, than going on a killing spree, because someone might dislike the usage of a Shemale to advertise a drink.

I agree with this, but does that mean you also think NPC's, or perhaps even your own character, should be able to use racially derogatory terms? Racists really exist in the real world, and even non racists who just talk like trash, so shouldn't that also be in the game?
If people use racially derogatory terms, then why shouldn't NPCs use them too? As much as I don't swear and don't like when people swear, I always recognized swearing in The Witcher as a mark of authenticity. Because actual people do swear. And a well-placed swear adds more to the believability of the characters than an attempt to replace real swears with fake swears that are pretty much the same as the real ones.

I mean, who are we trying to fool here? "This is not a swear, because it looks a little bit different than the real swear word!". It reminds me of Season 3 Episode 5 of the TV show Lucifer, where he teaches the kid how to "not swear" in order to avoid the penalty for swearing. I think it shows how childish the "non swear" approach is. I mean, if you don't want to swear then don't, but trying to fake it will always feel fake, no matter what.

On an alternate note, the steam forums for CP2077 are making me lose faith in humanity. There was a wave of loud individuals who campaigned against preordering CP2077 because it was "stupid".

ps. On an alternate note, the steam forums for CP2077 are making me lose faith in humanity. There was a wave of loud individuals who campaigned against preordering CP2077 because it was "stupid".

Oh, I wouldn't go there. Steam's moderation is, hrm. Needing work.

OUR Corporate masters like a nice, calm, friendly discussion! Bulging with potential, really.

On an alternate note, the steam forums for CP2077 are making me lose faith in humanity. There was a wave of loud individuals who campaigned against preordering CP2077 because it was "stupid".
Well. Quite a few big titles in the last couple of years gave a really bad name to the pre-order idea. So I can understand. A little. I, for myself, will make my second preorder in my life with CP2077. The first and only was Fallout Tactics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom