The graphics

+
It's the same narrative that was with Witcher 3. The game looked differently on reveal, on first gameplay demonstrations a year later and on release. Graphics regressed.

I don't see any difference between 2018 and 2019. And it's the first time we saw Keanu in game so ... how is it possible to say "it's a downgrade" ? :-/

Do not accuse developers of lying - or anyone else. That lacks respect, which is one of our Rules. If you have an issue with something they said, that's fine, but no one here gets to say anyone else is a liar.

Do not repeat and recycle old arguments and issues to no good end. This has only the effect of giving you a soapbox for your issues. If you wish to make an argument or prove a point, do so, then rebut. If you go around and around in a circle, your posts will be deleted as lacking and the posters will also have action against their account.

We did this years ago with one of the highest-rated, visually stunning games ever in the infamous Downgrade thread(s). They served no valuable purpose and caused a lot of harm and upset.

That won't happen again.

Anyone stirring the pot and using words like "liars" "cheating" and personally attacking anyone else - or any companies - will be met with account action.

Be polite. Be friendly. This is a game, not your life. Treat other people here well. Those are the Rules.

But, How do you feel if you watch an advertising of a Lamborgini an when you buy it you get a Ford Focus, this is similar.

Try to show final game images please, it hurts too much to show something that will not look like this at the end.

I'm sorry if I hurt someone with my comment, but it's how I feel watching those trailer.
And that problem is the same with The Witcher 3, and CD Project Red said "Sorry for the downgrade, if we don't do it, the consoles won't be able to run it". PC gamers helped CD Project at the begining and now the PC gamers are not important :(

It would be good to learn from past mistakes knowing that this is annoying for your own users, those who love you so much.

Last edited:
It would be good to learn from past mistakes knowing that this is annoying for your own users, those who love you so much.

Yes! And this is a good reason and a solid reason to post your issues. Civilly and constructively. Please continue to do so - CDPR appreciates such effort.

As for the game, I think this is -why- we see these visuals now. As opposed to some slick Vertical Slice not easily replicable in game.

CDPR doesn't want you to preorder unless you are -confident- you want the game. Don't preorder! They would rather you look forward to the game than have pre-buyer's remorse.

Instead, wait for a review or 10, wait for great visuals later. Look forward to that rather than regret your preorder and worry.

Yes! And this is a good reason and a solid reason to post your issues. Civilly and constructively. Please continue to do so - CDPR appreciates such effort.

As for the game, I think this is -why- we see these visuals now. As opposed to some slick Vertical Slice not easily replicable in game.

CDPR doesn't want you to preorder unless you are -confident- you want the game. Don't preorder! They would rather you look forward to the game than have pre-buyer's remorse.

Instead, wait for a review or 10, wait for great visuals later. Look forward to that rather than regret your preorder and worry.

Yes, I will wait to buy Cyberpunk.

Thanks for your answer.

We all noticed the graphic quality drop in the last trailer it's undenyable.

Still I think the outside look great, however I'm really worried about the interior... A lot of light source weren't casting shadows on NPC, it's VERY obvious and often in plain sight, it really bugs me several times while watching the last trailer (in all mall scene).

Here the most obvious ones :

-motorcycle headlight don't cast shadow

-strong tube light cast shadow on surounding object but not for the NPC

-intense spotlight don't cast shadow on NPC here either

-No shadow at all here, even AO is very weak, looks really weird

I understand CDPR must not show some bullshit and then downgrade it, BUT people bought 2080 Graphic card for this game, and again the game will be ONLY downgraded to not make the console version looks bad.
To me it's extremly unfair, CDPR already did that with The Witcher III... It's a real issue i'm talking about, PC gamer MADE what CDPR are today.

Again i repeat myself, if CDPR can't work or don't want to work on graphics more, then they have to make Cyberpunk 2077 modding friendly ASAP, so the community can help and fix the game for PC user.

Last edited:
I just watched a video on this
Honestly, if it's really all just different settings, I don't think it will be a problem as long as all the different settings are optional.
In video games I tend to first set everything to high quality if my computer can handle it, but then I go back and disable all the fancy extra special settings so that I'm still on good quality, but there's no bloom or other annoying "features" that just make the game look lower quality. I always disable bloom and motion blur because they always give me a headache and seem to always somehow lower texture quality. I also made a huge effort to find all the mods in the witcher 3 that removed all the annoying blurry muddy rainy lense and sun flare effects because I just. can. not. tolerate. those. things. Anything that makes the game look more blurry or hazy or "drunk" makes me so uncomfortable that it actually makes me frustrated to the point of shouting at my screen lol. I disable all "features" until I have a clear crisp pure HD picture and experience in a video game, or I simply mod it. If I can't mod it to allow me a clear view, I simply never play the game. I have no fears about Cyberpunk2077 on this however. I'm sure they will give us clean and clear unobstructed vision, or make it a setting or something. It's something that bothers too many people, it's just common sense.

Last edited:
-No shadow at all here, even AO is very weak, looks really weird

I understand CDPR must not show some bullshit and then downgrade it, BUT people bought 2080 Graphic card for this game, and again the game will be ONLY downgraded to not make the console version looks bad.
To me it's extremly unfair, CDPR already did that with The Witcher III... It's a real issue i'm talking about, PC gamer MADE what CDPR are today.

Again i repeat myself, if CDPR can't work or don't want to work on graphics more, then they have to make Cyberpunk 2077 modding friendly ASAP, so the community can help and fix the game for PC user.

Yeah, this is what I was referring to in my earlier posts. The shadows between the characters and the objects are completely different. The character shadows are at best a very, very light smudge, if present at all.

However, I suspect that optimizing graphics is something that is done at a later stage, so I have no doubt its going to look better in the finished product... Especially considering the game is supposed to support RTX.

Toning down shadow quality is one of the first things I do if my computer can't otherwise handle a game's graphics. Need to get to 30 fps minimum..

Not that is has to do directly with the graphics, but I long ago said I won't be pre-ordering because of my concerns reguarding the combat system (specifically the non-FPS options). And I've been around here, and supporting CDPR for years.

If you're not sure you'll like it, wait till it comes out and you see real game-play on YouTube/Skype then decide. Don't claim the game is trash or CDPR is full of it.

Be mature.

Unfortunatly things repeat themeselves...
After the incredible The Witcher 3 trailer from VGX in late 2013, and the huge downgrade that followed for PC.
We can probably bet the same thing happen to Cyberpunk, the 2018 50min trailer was way too good to be true...

While we all hoped for the game to be better on graphics and features, the new trailer ended toning down almost every aspect.
Maybe it's bad editing, maybe it's not the final ressult, but we can't judge with anything else... and unfortunatly CDPR doesn't seem to debunk anything.

There are multiple reasons explaining why the new demo looks worse than the first one, and "downgrade" is only one of those. Saying with a full certainty that CDPR lied is totally unfair and shows lack of common sense.

After the incredible The Witcher 3 trailer from VGX in late 2013, and the huge downgrade that followed for PC.
Unfortunately console manufactures REALLY hate it when the limitations of their products are displayed for all to see. And often as part of the contract to release a game on a console they require that the graphics on other systems (i.e. PCs) be no better then those their console is capable of generating.

Afaik CDPR commented the Deep Dive video and said that they will fix it and upload new one in better quality.

But yea I just thought... so far we saw everything from the game captured on PC. But how bad is the game looking on consoles? Will it be so bad that it will impact the graphics we are seeing today? Maybe. Maybe not. Some people who saw the game with their own eyes are saying it's nothing revolutionary but still looks great. So it might not be so bad.

We can probably bet the same thing happen to Cyberpunk, the 2018 50min trailer was way too good to be true...

While we all hoped for the game to be better on graphics and features, the new trailer ended toning down almost every aspect.
Maybe it's bad editing, maybe it's not the final ressult, but we can't judge with anything else... and unfortunatly CDPR doesn't seem to debunk anything.
I agree in some ways, but I must also say this, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I would kindly appreciate it so very much if CDPR would show up and just instantly dispel all rumors and worries. Example:
1. Some stuff happens
2. People become unsure
3. Everyone has different reactions
4. Things just spiral into doom and depression
Now, instead of allowing this to happen, what if CDPR came in like
CDProjektRed: "Yes, but actually no, uh, Okay This is true, Okay, This is false, Yes to that question, no to this one, Okay. Everyone 100% clear? Any more questions? Okay see you maybe in another week or something."
Everyone: "Oh. Okay, now we know. Thanks!" *everyone stops worrying*

Maybe just send one messenger to the forums that's always very active? Just a kind suggestion, please don't take the wrong way I mean well! :D
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately console manufactures REALLY hate it when the limitations of their products are displayed for all to see. And often as part of the contract to release a game on a console they require that the graphics on other systems (i.e. PCs) be no better then those their console is capable of generating.
I think at the very least, if this is true I would certainly appreciate transparency from all related parties. If this is ever at any point true, I want the console corporations and CDPR to admit to us "Yes this is officially what we actually did, and we're gonna be honest about it" Nothing worse than my dad bringing me sweet potato pie during thanksgiving and telling me "No no really it's a pumpkin pie!" and I look at it and taste it and I'm like "Clearly this is not pumpkin pie" but he's like "Oh no no, yes it is, really"
(he made honest mistake, but still funny example from long ago).

IMPORTANT: I DO NOT MEAN TO IMPLY THAT CDPR IS TELLING LIES, I'M JUST MAKING AN EXAMPLE. I LOVE CDPR. DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND!

I'm just saying, if there is any sort of downgrading going on, intentional or not, I feel everyone should be totally transparent and honest about it either way. At the end of a day, if something looks bad, it looks bad. If it looks good, it looks good. The chef can tell me this... uh.... chocolate pudding isn't chocolate pudding, but I'm still gonna be like "Bruh, this is obviously chocolate pudding" You know what I mean? I think trust is important.

If the game is being downgraded for consoles, I want to know the truth. Give us unparalleled cutting edge modding tools and lots of settings in the graphics settings, and allow people to fix whatever they for some reason can't or don't want to. No hard feelings, everything is fine then because there's no harm. But, if the game is absolutely LOCKED in a permanent state of blurry-bloom-fuzzy-grainy-rainy-muddy-dizzy nightmare and I can't get a clear crisp HD view of the game and all my surroundings, I will literally just suffer from endless headaches until it hurts too much and give up and stop playing, and I don't want that. I want to enjoy the game. That's why I'm here. Enjoyment. I like FUN, you know?

I really hope this gets taken the right way, I mean it all in a very friendly nice way, I know it's difficult to discern the tone of plain text on the internet. Please understand this is all friendly. :)

Afaik CDPR commented the Deep Dive video and said that they will fix it and upload new one in better quality.
That's very cool! I appreciate that. :D

Last edited:
I agree in some ways, but I must also say this, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I would kindly appreciate it so very much if CDPR would show up and just instantly dispel all rumors and worries. Example:
1. Some stuff happens
2. People become unsure
3. Everyone has different reactions
4. Things just spiral into doom and depression
Now, instead of allowing this to happen, what if CDPR came in like
CDProjektRed: "Yes, but actually no, uh, Okay This is true, Okay, This is false, Yes to that question, no to this one, Okay. Everyone 100% clear? Any more questions? Okay see you maybe in another week or something."
Everyone: "Oh. Okay, now we know. Thanks!" *everyone stops worrying*

Maybe just send one messenger to the forums that's always very active? Just a kind suggestion, please don't take the wrong way I mean well! :D

I think at the very least, if this is true I would certainly appreciate transparency from all related parties. If this is ever at any point true, I want the console corporations and CDPR to admit to us "Yes this is officially what we actually did, and we're gonna be honest about it" Nothing worse than my dad bringing me sweet potato pie during thanksgiving and telling me "No no really it's a pumpkin pie!" and I look at it and taste it and I'm like "Clearly this is not pumpkin pie" but he's like "Oh no no, yes it is, really"
(he made honest mistake, but still funny example from long ago).

IMPORTANT: I DO NOT MEAN TO IMPLY THAT CDPR IS TELLING LIES, I'M JUST MAKING AN EXAMPLE. I LOVE CDPR. DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND!

I'm just saying, if there is any sort of downgrading going on, intentional or not, I feel everyone should be totally transparent and honest about it either way. At the end of a day, if something looks bad, it looks bad. If it looks good, it looks good. The chef can tell me this... uh.... chocolate pudding isn't chocolate pudding, but I'm still gonna be like "Bruh, this is obviously chocolate pudding" You know what I mean? I think trust is important.

If the game is being downgraded for consoles, I want to know the truth. Give us unparalleled cutting edge modding tools and lots of settings in the graphics settings, and allow people to fix whatever they for some reason can't or don't want to. No hard feelings, everything is fine then because there's no harm. But, if the game is absolutely LOCKED in a permanent state of blurry-bloom-fuzzy-grainy-rainy-muddy-dizzy nightmare and I can't get a clear crisp HD view of the game and all my surroundings, I will literally just suffer from endless headaches until it hurts too much and give up and stop playing, and I don't want that. I want to enjoy the game. That's why I'm here. Enjoyment. I like FUN, you know?

I really hope this gets taken the right way, I mean it all in a very friendly nice way, I know it's difficult to discern the tone of plain text on the internet. Please understand this is all friendly. :)

That's very cool! I appreciate that. :D
Ok I wanted to post that statement here but I'm sorry but now I can't find where I got it from. I can picture it in my head. I remember seeing it yesterday or two days ago. I think it was tweet and it said something like "We know about the low quality, something must have gone wrong, we'll look into it and upload new one in better quality." I think I found someone mentioning it on reddit, they also shared the link to the tweet and that's how I find it.

But I just can't find anything. Not even in my browser history. Am I getting crazy?

Last edited:
Ok I wanted to post that statement here but I'm sorry but now I can't find where I got it from. I can picture it in my head. I remember seeing it yesterday or two days ago. I think it was tweet and it said something like "We know about the low quality, something must have gone wrong, we'll look into it and upload new one in better quality." I think I found someone mentioning it on reddit, they also shared the link to the tweet.

But I just can't find anything. Not even in my browser history. Am I getting crazy?
That's a response Marcin Momot gave about a Witcher 3 upload years ago. It was posted as a meme.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/2ogrkc

I challenge anyone to find a major development title that did not "downgrade" graphics at some point in the production cycle. There might be 2 or 3 out there, but it will be the vast minority. Graphics, as intensive as they are, will usually be among the first things to get scaled back to be sure the rest of the game functions well.

That's what optimization is. "Optimized" does not mean "cranked up to 11/10 with no slowdowns". When you optimize, you balance somewhere in the middle. Some things get bumped up; some things get scaled back. In the end, everything works together and nothing gets in anything else's way. (Or, as is more likely, any conflicts are kept to a minimum.)

The reason so many games look absolutely, astoundingly, mind-blowingly unbelievable in production, then sort of look underwhelming in the final release is because it's always easier to pull back than push ahead. Pretty typical in any creative project involving a lot of people. At the end of the day, everything needs to work together, on-stage and off-stage (what the audience sees and what it doesn't). Often better to have it and discover you can't really make it work. Sometimes, you've gotta kill your darlings.

Top Bottom