The Great Erasmus-Vegelbud-Memorial Race

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Great Erasmus-Vegelbud-Memorial Race

The Quest doesn''t go anymore on PS4 into the list of completed quests once you have done all 3 races successfully, the quest now stays whyever still in the list of Side Quests that you have still to do..

Can someone confirm this please if I'm not alone with this?

Version naturally now 1.20

I absolutely now, that I never had problems with this going into completed state with Version 1.10 before I went over to the latest game version.

---------- Updated at 11:33 AM ----------

Tried it now with reload last save and replaying it, doesn't work, the quest simply actualizes only and then shows me the rewards until it shows me at last that i won together with the pricy money of 200 crowns 80 bonus crowns and then the quest missses to show the info that the quest has been completed after the last won 3rd race and stays still in the to do list. instead of gettign moved to the completed list, as if anything from 1.20 lead to the destruction of this quests "complete sequence" at the end of it

DonIt know... all I know is, it looks silly when you have completed quests all green still standing in your to ToDo-List...

---------- Updated at 08:27 PM ----------

Forget this one, I'm so stupid that I forgot that this quest has not 3, but 4 races, because the last one is "usually" a surprise

I think that counts as solution xD, but just to make sure I'm not wrong, I'll confirm my assumption later if I was right so that this can then eventually get directly closed

---------- Updated at 08:38 PM ----------

PS. yes, this was it ... /facepalm

but joyed myself too early .. spoke with the spurprise last race, and it went to a massive weird bug where Geralt was on his horse and them oment the race begun, the quest was directly over with a fail mark that i couldnt end it as 1st place wtf....

I hope this was just a weird one time thing, reloaded now, hopefully this doesn't happen again ...

---------- Updated at 09:03 PM ----------

SIGH, it is seriously bugged, but this is now a completely different thing, no graphic glitch anymore, but more complicated bug, reloading doesnt work...

The bug leads as it seems always to losing the race, because they game kind of somehow places you on the horse deep underwater.. the game makes some serious long loadings, before this happens, you see a brief actualization of the quest where everythign firts sems normal, but then when the countdown starts, you see that weird blueish surroundign and you cant move, the moment where the race starts everythign instantly ends .... and you get to see only the scene of completign the quest with a fail mark for not having won the race >.<

---------- Updated at 09:08 PM ----------

OMG I found even a video of this glitch from someone else, here, I have exactly THIS problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZer3vcHqtM

Last edited:
I had that "under water" experience once with this quest at the very start of that fourth race. It was fixed with reload and never happened since.

Someone recommended rebuilding PS4 database if having graphical issues. It fixed some graphic issues for me in Skellige.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean with "rebuildign the PS4 Database" ? And how exactly should this help people with this graphic glitch in Witcher 3 ???

As far as I can follow you, I did the same thing after this glitch.. I reloaded the game, tried it again andagain this glitch.
i reloaded then again ,tried out a different time (daytime), again same glitch.

Didnt had this problem when I had still a save game with 1.10 and did this quest for my very first time.
But I will try it out later again....

When I learned something about this game by now, then that certain glitches and bugs can sometimesd be solved by doing first some other quests for example which whyever cause bugs and graphic glitches sometimes somewhere else in this game

PS: ah forget my question, sometimes a quick google helps understanding lol ^^

and yes, if nothign relse helps, I surely can try that out

Last edited:
I don't know if it helps with your problem, but I have often seen it being suggested with graphical issues. There is no harm if you try it. I have done it two times and everything still works just fine :D

What happens if you try to load a bit earlier save and try again?

I don't know exactly what I've done all that could have been the solution to this, but I will list up everything I remember I have done so far, until it worked today again (but still with an absurd long loading time whyever)

* Went to Skellige Ilsands, made there first the Main Quest further until the point, where you learn, that Ciri traveled with an Elven Magician together and teleported back to Velen
* Did there some side quests like that one with Jutta (iron Maiden, nidstang, cave of dreams, several horse races there, that quest that gets you in jail and a few of the first obtainable contracts like that one with the spirits on the island and the light tower)
*Whent back to Novigrad after finishign that side quest with killing that cat school witcher for lambert
*Defeatet then the last fist fight elf and went aftr him again to try if the vegelbud race maybe works now...and thankfully IT DID again

So eventually something from the stuff I've done in the meanwhile was kind of responsible for theweird horse bug, maybe..who knows, just saying that there could be some kind of connection between the solved quests and this bug perhaps.

Unless anyone else has still problems with this and can say, that doing what I did wasn't a solution for them as well, I think this thread can be closed otherwise as "solved"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom