The Heist: Bugged Sword and Computer (?) on Arasaka's Limo?

+
Anyone got the code for the computer before the elevator and garage?
You can hack for eddies but there is a code and it seem important!
There is nothing on the computer. It is the same as all the others. I'm not sure how because I didn't put in the combination, but after I hacked it (got all 3 lines) it was no longer locked.
Post automatically merged:

You need to have the double jump legs cyberware and when you slide down the roof and Jackie puts in the chip you double jump into the out from where you came. Till you reach the ladder once on there you double jump back to that part to get back Into the hotel room. Once inside you can go to the roof and the limo will be gone and left floating is the computer. I don’t know if it was intended to be grabbed this way but it’s how I was able to grab the laptop. Anyways how this was and is helpful.
You can also get a sword, come back later, stand on the side of the building, look up, glitch draw your sword, and attack really fast. You'll fly right up the side of the building to the top. Double Jump to the ledge, and run around. Grab the sword and the laptop. They don't disappear, and there's another spot to hunt and find up there as well.
Just run and slide off the roof to the ground. Screw trying to jump into the water without using slingshot. You'll still die a few times, but if you get it just right, you got a better chance surviving the slide.

even when glitched in the av u still cant interact with it
20201226135725_1.jpg

Same here. PC . 1.06....tbh this game has a functional bug like this every 5-10 minutes.....like - in ur face bug.....damn this game does not even save language settings....need to change my language each time I boot it.....

Just sword skate up to the top after you've completed the mission. The chopper is gone and you can pick it up. There's also a hidden room up there to explore if you can find it. After that, slide off. 1/10-20ish times, you'll live if you get it just right. It's frustrating, but possible.

To anyone wondering what it is, it's Sarubo Arasaka (Daddy)'s Diary. 5 days/Entries where he referes to Hanako (Daughter) and Y (Son). also the mention of someone J.S.
The "Databank" is a junk item but you also get a Shard to hack open to get this diary text.
After you break the encryption it can be found in Shards: Other - Diary (117-121/77)

Every time I try to play the game another bug pops up... This is ridiculous.

Third playthrough and just discovered you could go up to the AV.
Something cool!? Nope, just another f**King bug...

Good times.

Just got to this part. Had ignored it on my first play through. Well, not ignored. I didn't know about it the first time through. So now on my second time through the game, and doing all side quests along the way this time, and got the same bug. Comp is in the limo, and highlighted. Have a mission item "Go to the Safe" in my HUD. Can't pick up the computer or interact with it in any way.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    2.2 MB · Views: 273
UP! Issue still there!

I'll quote a previous post, maybe this will help someone (luckily I have double jump, so I can try getting the laptop!)
So this was bugging the heck outta me too. Here's the fix:
1. You need double jump legs.
2.Get the sword, whatever. Do the whole cutscene where you slide down the building.
3. Once you have movement jump is locked until you open the door.
4. Open the door and go forward enough to enable jump, go back to where you crashed in.
5. Backtrack all the way up to the top of the building using double jumps.
6. The AV is now gone! Collect your datapad!

I decrypted it, but now I cannot find it in my shards section or anywhere else. So one bug replaced by another it seems.

In 1.2 what you do is approach the steps to enter the AV from the corners, so to grab the databank you just need to make it so the corner of the step is right next to your left knee. Just a little fine movement with the mouse and you'll get the active window to F and pick it up. Reverse to pick up the katana.

I'll have to check, but once decrypted, it usually shows up in the Shards List in the "Other" category, with the title "Diary" followed by some alphanumerics.

Top Bottom