"The Heist" delamain bug - car missing

+
@fredlc unfortunately, that problem can happen on all platforms, not just on Xbox. Moved your post to the existing thread.

As mentioned before, it can be reported with the official website from CDPR support:

Xbox: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-9
PS4: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-10
PC: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-8

However, the website is down sometimes due to heavy traffic these days. So it sometimes gets you an error message. Anyhow the bug should be known at this point. But if you want to make sure you can send another ticket.
so hopefully there is a new hotfix to fix this bug.

I'm not gonna start a new game for that.

@OfficialOlley if you are on PC you can send your save game to CDPR support with the support link for PC that I mentioned. Hopefully, they can do something about it, but I don't know.

I have had my game progress halted due to a bug pertaining the delamain, but noit the quest involving phones, which seens to be the most common.

My issue is trhat in this quest, after I left Dexter Deshawn office, while planning the aforementioned heist, I went on errants to level up, and returned several saves and levels later. Problem is, while Jackie is ready and willing waiting for me in the afterlife's parking lot, the delamain itself isn't, and Jackie seens to be leaning on thin air. Take a look in the attached file.

This bug is rarely mentioned in consersations, and the 1.04 patch notes are inconclusive as to wheter or not it was addressed (I've seen someone in the internet mentioning it was - in my case, it isn't fixed - but as I read the page created by CDPR, there is no specific mention of 'the heist" questline - though it might be possible it is amongst the "other quests" mentioned.

Can anyone confirm to me if this was already "fixed"? If it was, it probably just won't retroactively fix already broken savefiles, and I'd be better off restarting the game. Anyway, I'd love to be sure before I throw away almost 20 hours of game progress (I've been doing sidequests a lot waiting for a fix, and probably already are overleveled for this quest,,,)

Anyway, thanks in advance for confirmation of this.

I got a different one. The cab comes but after the mission that ends Act I all weapons I had on me and in my stash are gone. Wouldn't bug me so much if my iconic weapons I had collected had also not gone missing from the stash.

I ran accross that bug as well. Turns out the delamain had spawned upside-down a little further in the parking, it was stuck because of a motorcycle as well. I managed to "fix it" by plowing into it with my personal car until I could press F to enter the vehicle.

1607896514816.png

1607895929489.png

Despite having the POV messed up the whole drive, everything seemed fixed when getting out of the car. Hope this helps some of you going through the main quest without starting over anything and lose progress.

Last edited:
I ran accross that bug as well. Turns out the delamain had spawned upside-down a little further in the parking, it was stuck because of a motorcycle as well. I managed to "fix it" by plowing into it with my personal car until I could press F to enter the vehicle.

View attachment 11083184

View attachment 11083157

Despite having the POV messed up the whole drive, everything seemed fixed when getting out of the car. Hope this helps some of you going through the main quest without starting over anything and lose progress.
my delamain isnt anywhere :(

View attachment 11083184

View attachment 11083157

Wow, I've been trying that for a while with different cars on PS4 Pro and it keeps forcing me to slow down before i hit it. It barely love taps it. It seems solidly planted after getting it to budge just a bit. Thanks for the hopium. I'll keep trying. P.S. Was it a specific angle you hit it at?

@fredlc unfortunately, that problem can happen on all platforms, not just on Xbox. Moved your post to the existing thread.

As mentioned before, it can be reported with the official website from CDPR support:

Xbox: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-9
PS4: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-10
PC: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-8

However, the website is down sometimes due to heavy traffic these days. So it sometimes gets you an error message. Anyhow the bug should be known at this point. But if you want to make sure you can send another ticket.

Thanks. Good to know you guys are aware of it, hopefully it will br fixed soon.

Yep same problem... ruined the game for me. Tried to start over but honestly put so much time into side quests that I got bored and quit. iz what it iz. Back to rust *face palm*

hotfix 1.04 did not solve the problem !!!!!! this is not acceptable, it is not a simple graphic problem, it does not allow the game to evolve !!!!

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2020-12-14 004848.png
    Captura de tela 2020-12-14 004848.png
    961.6 KB · Views: 65
hotfix 1.04 did not solve the problem !!!!!! this is not acceptable, it is not a simple graphic problem, it does not allow the game to evolve !!!!
yea no shit. hotfix 1.05 may fix it. but dont believe in it. just make a new game and play the mainquests first. atleast the whole prologue.

The thing that sucks about this is we all put major hours in for this bug to come along and kill the game. I have 26+ hours in. Most likely what broke this for me was when I did the SOS side quests that the Delamain service picks them up in (think it was the one where you rescue the boxing coach).

A lot of players like to be completers, I play that way, try to complete as much as possible in a zone before progressing. Especially starter zones in games, not this one but a lot make it so you can't get back to them so I tend to play them totally out.

A simple fix to this on the dev side would be to have a flag in the code so that they just don't make breaking quests available before you leave the intro area. Won't help those that are dead in the water but it will prevent it from happening more.
Post automatically merged:

They should come up with some sort of way for those that are affected can bypass The heist quest. I know it's a storyline quest, but at this point, it would be worth it to me to be able to get my char out of Watson.

Same here. Tried a lot of stuff. So far, I only managed to make the problem worse: if I call Jackie (who is leaning against the air) on the telephone and hang up, he also disappears indefinitely.

Same as one of the repliers.. I posted to gameplay on the support site, Delamain is upside down and I can't figure out a way to flip it over. I'm on PS4

Attachments

• PXL_20201217_033801348.jpg
    PXL_20201217_033801348.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
Same, i tried to reset map some how, lieik dying on the second side of the map with and without suit on but nothign change the problem of missing care. Pls can you just fix it Its 5 min coding. Its been 4 days since this bug heppen i just finished all side quest and what now? Uninstall? I play on Geforce Now, but you understand what im sayin....
Post automatically merged:

Btw can you tell me how can i get save file from Geforce Now?

I got this bug as well, and once I arrived at the location and the car was missing, no amount of reloading of the area through game restarts, fast travel or anything else would cause the car to appear. However, reloading to a save about 30 minutes earlier fixed the car, so if you've been saving often, you should absolutely try an earlier save. You might lose a bit of progress, but that's better than losing your entire save file.

I had this happen to me. What prevented the issue from arising for me was:

I had to reload a save game and take a different path to the control panel. If I went through the room where all the cars are driving, I always ended up with a car that somehow flipped upside down and exploded right in my face with the quest marker pointing to specifically that car. All the other cars were fine but that one. It was like a big haha in my face.

After reloading an earlier save and double jumping up at the car with all the laser beams, I didn't have to walk through the room with all the cars. When I returned from the control panel, all cars were neatly aligned and in order.
(EDIT: so; the car with the laserbeams. Up from that car is a small opening through the ceiling. The walk is way shorter that way too. Take that route or find another route that prevents you from interacting with the car filled room)

I think they should reset the car room after you've been to the control panel. That just doesn't happen.

EDIT: After reading some other replies it seems that, with a bit of luck, you can walk through the room with all the driving cars. It's a matter of keeping you fingers crossed that nothing bad happens to the car that the quest marker is going to point you towards. I think not walking through the room at all is easier and doesn't come down to luck, but I can't recall if you actually need any skills besides double jump to pull that off.
Again; Resetting the car room would probably resolve the issue

Last edited:
Hijacking this thread to post that alongside the ending sequence of this mission, you can't pick up an item that's located on the rooftop. No angle I try works for this item, can't even scan it and the aircraft itself has glitched looking text upon scanning. Restarts and loading old saves have done nothing to help. I've run out of ideas and now resorting to these forums to add to the bug trackers.

1608340485245.png

Top Bottom