"The Heist" delamain bug - car missing

+
I'm having the same issue, although I may have 'solved' the problem.

I found an area where you can clip into out of bounds under the city, and guess what? The Delamain is floating in limbo underneath where it is supposed to be. I can't find a way to get to it with out falling into the infinite abyss though...
20201219224313_1.jpg
thout falling

Patch 1.05 didn't fix the upside down Delamain on PS5 for me and now Jackie is gone; so its even worse. I've tried all the steps and still now joy. I'm running out of side stuff to do while I wait for fixes. As a developer myself, I don't understand how something so important to a quest doesn't have a lock property to prevent something stopping quest progression. Delamain.theHeist.allowUpsideDown = false.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077_20201219074821.jpg
    Cyberpunk 2077_20201219074821.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 117
[...] As a developer myself, I don't understand how something so important to a quest doesn't have a lock property to prevent something stopping quest progression. Delamain.theHeist.allowUpsideDown = false.

I hope you are not serious.
In case you are: no offense but you don't seem to have any idea how a complex 3D game engine works. The car object's XYZ position and orientation (rotation) is most likely stored in the save file directly. It's surely more than a simple boolean flag.

Yours is upside down (wrong rotation). For many others, like me, the car most likely fell through the ground at some point in time as CapacAmaru illustrated above - permanently giving it wrong position coordinates when the game is saved and subsequently loaded.
To fix that for existing save games, the game would need to check any critical quest-related objects at load time and correct invalid positions of such objects automatically if applicable. And then it depends what they make the game detect as "invalid" - only position (too far away) or also rotation (upside down)?

However, that's just speculation on my part. They could also have gone an entirely different route - I don't know how their engine works and what possibilities they have. It's also possible they could fix the bug to prevent it from happening with 1.05 for new players but can't fix existing save games that already have a misplaced car (which I hope is not the case). But we don't know. When the patch lands in PC land and more affected people can test it, we'll know more.

I have a similar problem with the Heist. When I goto enter the Delamain it does nothing. Jackie isn't there, only his motorcycle which is blocking the Delamain from leaving. I cleared console cache and still nothing.
I did some sidequests before going on this mission, but that shouldn't prevent progress. Playing on base PS4. I haven't had any crashes, only a few minor bugs but this keeps me from playing the game. Not sure if it has to do with me saving before the 1.05 Hotpatch but it's frustrating

Edit: I started over and just kept going through the missions until I got to The Heist. I didn't stop and do sidequests as I had done veggie and the mission progressed as it should, albeit with several funny npc glitches. When shooting down the Arasaka drones at first my gun wasn't in my hands so I had to reload a save. This game is quite buggy

Last edited:
I have the same problem and, despite it's listed as fixed, 1.05 didn't fix it, actually it made it worse. I installed the patch for PC this morning, but now not only the car is invisible, but also Jackie is gone.

Patch 1.05 fixed the issue for me. I loaded my savegame where I was stuck because the car was missing and lo and behold, the car was there! (my savegame was directly in front of Jackie and the missing car)
I was able to finish the "The Heist" now and reached act 2.

My fear is that I will have to start the game from scratch. Probably they have fixed the problem meaning that it doesn't happen anymore, but if you are in a stuck state like me there's no way to turn back.

I have this same problem. Before 1.05 Jackie was leaning next to an invisible car. Now with 1.05, he is completely gone and no car. Can't progress any further.

I have had my game progress halted due to a bug pertaining the delamain, but noit the quest involving phones, which seens to be the most common.

My issue is trhat in this quest, after I left Dexter Deshawn office, while planning the aforementioned heist, I went on errants to level up, and returned several saves and levels later. Problem is, while Jackie is ready and willing waiting for me in the afterlife's parking lot, the delamain itself isn't, and Jackie seens to be leaning on thin air. Take a look in the attached file.

This bug is rarely mentioned in consersations, and the 1.04 patch notes are inconclusive as to wheter or not it was addressed (I've seen someone in the internet mentioning it was - in my case, it isn't fixed - but as I read the page created by CDPR, there is no specific mention of 'the heist" questline - though it might be possible it is amongst the "other quests" mentioned.

Can anyone confirm to me if this was already "fixed"? If it was, it probably just won't retroactively fix already broken savefiles, and I'd be better off restarting the game. Anyway, I'd love to be sure before I throw away almost 20 hours of game progress (I've been doing sidequests a lot waiting for a fix, and probably already are overleveled for this quest,,,)

Anyway, thanks in advance for confirmation of this.

Also on my second Playthrough on the xbox series X, after the 1.05 Patch the riders on the storm became bugged. I cant scan the vehicle Tracks at all.. before the patch i was able too.

I hope you are not serious.
In case you are: no offense but you don't seem to have any idea how a complex 3D game engine works. The car object's XYZ position and orientation (rotation) is most likely stored in the save file directly. It's surely more than a simple boolean flag.

Yours is upside down (wrong rotation). For many others, like me, the car most likely fell through the ground at some point in time as CapacAmaru illustrated above - permanently giving it wrong position coordinates when the game is saved and subsequently loaded.
To fix that for existing save games, the game would need to check any critical quest-related objects at load time and correct invalid positions of such objects automatically if applicable. And then it depends what they make the game detect as "invalid" - only position (too far away) or also rotation (upside down)?

However, that's just speculation on my part. They could also have gone an entirely different route - I don't know how their engine works and what possibilities they have. It's also possible they could fix the bug to prevent it from happening with 1.05 for new players but can't fix existing save games that already have a misplaced car (which I hope is not the case). But we don't know. When the patch lands in PC land and more affected people can test it, we'll know more.

I'm totally serious and been in the software dev world for 25 years; professionally for 21 years. The variable name etc was in jest, but a game entity, especially a critical one such as the Delamain should most assuredly have properties on it which would be expected to keep it safe and available for the quest to which it begins. Do I specialize in 3D games, nope, also not interested in that career path.
Post automatically merged:

With 1.05 I had to lose 10 hours of side play / advancement to get past this bug; I found an older save that had the Delamain upside right and was able to proceed into Act 2, which was much easier than in 1.04 IMHO.

1.05, pc. (!) icon is there, jackie is leaning up against 'air', my car stops immediately behind jackie (like it is forbidden from passing thru the delamain car). each time i approach jackie he keeps saying "so, ready?"
what do you recommend to proceed? keep loading old saves til i find one that isnt broke?

Guys, I'm playing on the PS5 with the patch 1.05 and it is not possible to start the mission because the Delamain is not in the parking lot of the Afterlife.

I found a way to glitch me outside the map and as you can see the Delamain is under the map!!!

Please fix this problem, because I've already finished all side-missions and can not continue with the game.

This 1.06 update doesn't fix the issue with "The Heist" Enter the Delamain!
I am still stuck, and I can't move forward in the game. I finished all the side quests and im just waiting CD Projekt Red to fix this issue.

Yeah, seems the car has fallen inside the map. Its ridiculous how buggy this game is. It should have been delayed for at least 3 more months! Now they are on vacation, so no fixes or anything for at least 2 weeks, we'll have to wait till end of January if they even manage to fix it, seems like a rather big bug with lots of complexity!

I called Jackie when he was leaning on the invisible car, after end of the call Jackie disappeared!!
Now im running into two bugs, the car is underneath the map, and I can't get Jackie back!!!
If any developer from CD Projekt Red is reading this, please fix this issue, because I finished all the quests, there is nothing else to do in the entire map.

they probably gonna fix this issue in year 2077
i finished all the quests and really there is nothing to do in the entire map, im just walking now and punching people randomly until we get a fix.

Top Bottom